Which 1070 Should I go with?

FlushaDev

I am building a new RIG and I need help choosing a vendor or company whatever it's called to buy it's 1070.

1: Temps

2: Clock Speeds

3: Noise

4: Power

"The only way to do great work, is do do what you love." -Steve Jobs

Just now, FlushaDev said:

I am building a new RIG and I need help choosing a vendor or company whatever it's called to buy it's 1070.

All models are almost identical, just choose whichever you like the most or is cheapest. I believe that the MSI 1070 Gaming X is very quiet and fans dont spin until on load (Other models do this too, just dont remember which). The advertised clock speeds wont make much difference due to GPU boost pushing it past. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

Honestly, the cheapest you can find. They all perform within 1-5% of each other in all of your list. I love my MSI 1070 as it matches me color wise and doing a 30m extreme fullscreen loop on Heaven I never get above 63c.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 minutes ago, FlushaDev said:

For starters, filter the ones you like the looks of. For example, I don't like the red and black scheme, so MSI would be immediately out for me. And I disliked EVGA's billboard, so that one wouldn't be an option. Out of the box, pick a select few that you like.

Out of those, get the cheapest. That's really it as far as Pascal goes, clocks will fall down to the lottery, not the card's model. And while noise and temps are a bit more dependent on the cooler, that's very easy to fix with a custom fan curve fitted for your needs.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

31 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Honestly, the cheapest you can find. They all perform within 1-5% of each other in all of your list. I love my MSI 1070 as it matches me color wise and doing a 30m extreme fullscreen loop on Heaven I never get above 63c.

63c on air with performance of 980ti is sick ! My MSI 760 goes over 70 all the time :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

2 hours ago, Thony said:

63c on air with performance of 980ti is sick ! My MSI 760 goes over 70 all the time :D

Technology has gone far xD

2 hours ago, Imakuni said:

For starters, filter the ones you like the looks of. For example, I don't like the red and black scheme, so MSI would be immediately out for me. And I disliked EVGA's billboard, so that one wouldn't be an option. Out of the box, pick a select few that you like.

Out of those, get the cheapest. That's really it as far as Pascal goes, clocks will fall down to the lottery, not the card's model. And while noise and temps are a bit more dependent on the cooler, that's very easy to fix with a custom fan curve fitted for your needs.

Since it's a black & white build I could go with an MSI Armor 1070 coz it's white

2 hours ago, rn8686 said:

All models are almost identical, just choose whichever you like the most or is cheapest. I believe that the MSI 1070 Gaming X is very quiet and fans dont spin until on load (Other models do this too, just dont remember which). The advertised clock speeds wont make much difference due to GPU boost pushing it past. 

Probably going with an MSI Armor 1070

2 hours ago, legacy99 said:

;)

8 minutes ago, FlushaDev said:

Since it's a black & white build I could go with an MSI Armor 1070 coz it's white

https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/DUAL-GTX1070-O8G/

Coz y nt?

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

2 hours ago, Thony said:

Only 70C? I had a Windforce 3X that was always going to high 70s to low 80s...

Main PC: R7 3700X / Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi / Radeon RX 5700 XT / 32GB DDR4-3200 / 250GB & 2TB Crucial MX500 (in HP Prodesk 400 Case)

Laptop: R5 2500U / Radeon Vega 8 / 8GB DDR4-2400 / 500GB SK Hynix BC501 (HP Envy x360 13)

My little Server: i7-7700 / Asrock H110M-ITX / 24GB DDR4-2400 / Samsung 860 Pro 250GB & Seagate Firecuda 2TB / VMware ESXi 6.7

(Don't tell me i should Name them, i don't want to ^^)

Just now, FlushaDev said:

Ohhh sweetttttt thanks m8

Dunno, I was just seeing this the other day and I kinda felt like mentioning it. You may / may not be able to buy it in your country, but it's nice knowing that it at least exists.

Just now, Imakuni said:

Dunno, I was just seeing this the other day and I kinda felt like mentioning it. You may / may not be able to buy it in your country, but it's nice knowing that it at least exists.

Dude, to be honest, my country hasn't even got a GT 430 I swear to god......

I only order from some EU sites and American Ebay or Amazon

The stated clock speeds don't matter much, because all 1070s will GPU boost beyond what any of their factory OC speeds list.

Also, pretty much none of the 1070 cards are binned, so you have as much of a chance at getting a good overclocker from the cheapest model as you do from the most expensive. The exception to that generality is, of course, how good the cooler for a card is - a better cooler will enable a card to run stable at higher speeds.

For low noise, MSi, EVGA, Gigabyte all have cards with good fan cooling, where the fans don't turn on until the card temperature reaches a certain degree C, like 60C, or something like that. Generally, those cards continue to be very quiet, even when under full load.

I know the MSi cards are good, and I have an EVGA 1070, which has been excellent. It's quiet, overclocks well, and I like its look. Also, the MSi and EVGA fans use double-bearings, which should reduce noise even more, and also result in the fans lasting longer. I'm sure other brands also use double bearings, but I've specifically noticed it stated regarding MSi and EVGA.

If you want the ultimate quiet, the MSi might appeal to you, since it uses larger fans, which therefore can spin at slower speeds to produce cooling equivalent to smaller fans spinning at higher speeds, and so they make less noise while cooling because they're running at a slower speed. But the MSi is also a larger card and needs more space inside of your PC case. Also, the difference in sound levels between the MSi and an EVGA  coolers is probably too little to notice, and the EVGA cooler is already quiet enough that I've never noticed it while playing games. Also, EVGA has exceptional customer service, which could be something to take into consideration.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

57 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

The stated clock speeds don't matter much, because all 1070s will GPU boost beyond what any of their factory OC speeds list.

Also, pretty much none of the 1070 cards are binned, so you have as much of a chance at getting a good overclocker from the cheapest model as you do from the most expensive. The exception to that generality is, of course, how good the cooler for a card is - a better cooler will enable a card to run stable at higher speeds.

For low noise, MSi, EVGA, Gigabyte all have cards with good fan cooling, where the fans don't turn on until the card temperature reaches a certain degree C, like 60C, or something like that. Generally, those cards continue to be very quiet, even when under full load.

I know the MSi cards are good, and I have an EVGA 1070, which has been excellent. It's quiet, overclocks well, and I like its look. Also, the MSi and EVGA fans use double-bearings, which should reduce noise even more, and also result in the fans lasting longer. I'm sure other brands also use double bearings, but I've specifically noticed it stated regarding MSi and EVGA.

If you want the ultimate quiet, the MSi might appeal to you, since it uses larger fans, which therefore can spin at slower speeds to produce cooling equivalent to smaller fans spinning at higher speeds, and so they make less noise while cooling because they're running at a slower speed. But the MSi is also a larger card and needs more space inside of your PC case. Also, the difference in sound levels between the MSi and an EVGA  coolers is probably too little to notice, and the EVGA cooler is already quiet enough that I've never noticed it while playing games. Also, EVGA has exceptional customer service, which could be something to take into consideration.

The for the analyzing man! Since MSi is cooler and more quietm also fits to my RIGs color scheme I think I'll go with the MSi