headphones working fine , but are not detected

Nandit_HAF

just purchased steelseries siberia p100 headphones

as i am a noob , i didnt notice that the headphones doesnt appear in playback devices , recording devices , ( even when i tick detect non-connected devices ) 

also they do not appear in the device manager under headphones , mics and video game controllers , 

i had realtech hd audio installed previously and thought that was the problem so i uninstalled it 

also i installed the steelseries software ( the latest one ) and it still doesnt detect the headphones ( says ' plug in a steelseris device to get started ) 

the headphones work fine but i noticed the problem once i started using the mic and it didnt work 

help needed , i just think that the headphones might be fake ,

also , the headphones are connected to the motherboard outputs ( i dont have a sound card and not intent on buying one ) 

also , i have read all the FAQs on steelseries website , read the google , miscrosoft , tom's hardware forums related to this query , you people  are my final option. :(  

WINDOWS 7 64 bit, STEELSERIES SIBERIA P100 

thnx!! 

Since you are using the motherboard audio ports that means your audio device is the Realtek HD Audio. Re-install Realtek's drivers. Windows/SteelSeries Engine would find your device only if you used an USB dongle. 

53 minutes ago, Nandit_HAF said:

so what should i do ?

buy an adaptor or something? 

Just use the motherboard audio by installing the Realtek drivers again.

edit: if you are using the single 4-pole you might need a splitter that splits it to 1x Output and 1x Input, if one didn't already come with the headset.