AMD R9-290X *Rumoured* Price

Culligan Man

Okay so through some math I figured out the price of the AMD R9 290X price.

If you go to iBUYPOWER website the have a pre-order bundle of the new yet to release AMD GPU's. They have the price before assemble cost and shipping at $1999. So I used that math I learned in High School that I never thought I'd use to figure out the cost. The bundle has the following parts.

-NZXT Tempest 410 Elite Gaming Case Battlefield 4 Limited Edition - $194

-AMD FX-9370 - $299

-NZXT Kraken X40 RL-KRX40-01 140mm Ultra Performance Liquid CPU Cooler - $98

-G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 - $154

-GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ ATX AMD Motherboard - $139

-CORSAIR CX Series CX750 - $89

-Western Digital WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM - $159

-LG BLU-RAY Drive - $119

All that together cost $1251, So if you subtract the cost of all the components in the build by the cost on the site you get $748

Which would make the AMD R9 290x cost $748 plus tax or whatever.

Now the price may be a few buck more but defiantly not less because if you know iBUYPOWER.com they don't bend on prices.

Thanks for reading and as always have a Good Day.

We already know what the price is and that is 730$

Those were guesses. This is fact.

Does iBuypower ship to AUS?

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Ibuypower has markups to you know...

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

Uh, you do know their is assembly costs to build it for you, as well as testing and other things. They also do markups because they aren't going to sell you a $200 SSD for $200, they're going to sell it to you for $250 or so.

This isn't fact, this isn't anything but some guess. Sorry bud.

Also the "$730" price tag that is being thrown around also includes BF4 and Premium, so factor in about $100 or so for the game(because it isn't free, it's a bundle).

Uh, you do know their is assembly costs to build it for you, as well as testing and other things. They also do markups because they aren't going to sell you a $200 SSD for $200, they're going to sell it to you for $250 or so.

This isn't fact, this isn't anything but some guess. Sorry bud.

Also the "$730" price tag that is being thrown around also includes BF4 and Premium, so factor in about $100 or so for the game(because it isn't free, it's a bundle).

I told you I factored that in. Why don't you read before you post. For some reason that sounds like a good idea to me. You should try it sometime. Bud

Which would make the AMD R9 290x cost $748 plus tax or whatever.

I told you I factored that in. Why don't you read before you post. For some reason that sounds like a good idea to me. You should try it sometime. Bud

You should read your own post, nowhere did it say you factored in BF4 just that it costs "$748 plus tax or whatever".

You should read your own post, nowhere did it say you factored in BF4 just that it costs "$748 plus tax or whatever".

Maybe you should Google the word. "figure" because it seems like you don't know the meaning.

Anyways I'm not going to sit here a argue with you. If you don't like the post then move along. No one is forcing you to read this nor is anyone forcing you to agree with it. Plus I have better things to do then argue with some guy on a forum.

God bless and have a good rest of your day.

out in the harsh outback of australia the r9 290x has spotted for au$799 @ ple 

lol 'Harsh outback'

not paying more than 650 usd amd -______-

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

Let's wait till tuesday, if it really is ~730 bucks then hello GTX 780 because non reference models will be even more expensive

144Hz goodness

Let's wait till tuesday, if it really is ~730 bucks then hello GTX 780 because non reference models will be even more expensive

Sure but unless you buy exactly at launch prices will drop quite a bit.

Need i say this again?

The R-290X should be priced at $600

grrr.gif

Hunter wants to bury the OP for this post

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

Expecting £550 in the UK for the 290X, due to magical extra £100 not living in the USA tax that we get for all high end GPU's. :(

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

Those were guesses. This is fact.

Your snide remarks don't make your original post any more factual.  Your number is a guess.  It's a smart guess and in the end it'll likely be close to the actual number, sure.  But unless you work for iBuyPower's sales department you don't know for sure how much of a markup their components may or may not have.

And as EChondo said, that price figure likely includes an extra cost for Battlefield 4 which was mentioned nowhere in your original post.  You mentioned the BF4 edition chassis and that's about it.

So please stop being full of yourself and try to treat the other forum members with respect.  You're not above anyone else here.  Thanks. :)

Let's all just wait until the NDA is lifted in a few days.

(On another note, I'm getting really tired of the GIFs.)

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro