Should I refund No man's sky?

JTB77

The game runs for me, but with many glitches.  My specs are listed below, and I get issues from random fps drops, INSANE amounts of micro-stutters, the game flashing intensely whenever a menu, screen, or achievement popup other than the game came up, along with not being able to re open the game if I shift tab out and not being able to change many of my settings, such as sensitivity.

In my situation or anyone with similar issues, should I return this game, and buy a better game, or should I wait until these issues are fixed, if that happens.  Lastly, if I return this, and buy it again later, what will happen to my game saves, and will I lose my pre order bonus?

CPU - Intel I3-6100 Motherboard - MSI Z170-A PRO RAM G.SKILL NT Series 8gb 2400MZ DDR4 GPU - Power Color R9 380X Case - NZXT Source 220 Window Storage - 1TB Western Digital Blue PSU - Corsair CX500 OS - Windows 10 Pro

From what I have read, your issues seem to happen regardless of hardware. I was reading a review earlier where he person was using a a 6950x, titan CPU, 64 gb of ram, and still getting so much stutters that it was unplayable. It will probably be fixed withen the next few weeks, but it is still ridiculous that game devs release unfinished games. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

1 minute ago, JTB77 said:

The game runs for me, but with many glitches.  My specs are listed below, and I get issues from random fps drops, INSANE amounts of micro-stutters, the game flashing intensely whenever a menu, screen, or achievement popup other than the game came up, along with not being able to re open the game if I shift tab out and not being able to change many of my settings, such as sensitivity.

In my situation or anyone with similar issues, should I return this game, and buy a better game, or should I wait until these issues are fixed, if that happens.  Lastly, if I return this, and buy it again later, what will happen to my game saves, and will I lose my pre order bonus?

If you refund NMS and purchase it later you will loose everything. NMS runs at 40 FPS 1080p medium settings on my rig in my signature where other games top 60-70 with the same settings so I say it's an optimisation issue. You can wait for another patch but what other games are there to buy? The epilepsy popups are a common occurrence for me too but I'm going to put that in a review in a few weeks time. It honestly depends on you and your personal preferences whether you refund or wait but like most closed testing games will encounter bad launches like this. Maybe if they took Subnautica or Besiege's approach it wouldn't have been this badly optimised. 

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

I'd refund it. The PC port is atrocious, many people are having issues. I wouldn't even halfway consider keeping it with all of those problems. Your system is better than a PS4 too, which runs it just fine. 

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

It's probably best to return it and purchase it at a later date.

They SHOULD fix those issues pretty quick, but it isn't something that I would count on, and considering that you've pre-ordered, I imagine waiting longer is only going to make the process of returning it even more difficult.

Nobody can really say what will happen to your saves, they've already been reset once. You can hold onto the files, but there's no saying that they'll be usable on newer updates.

Refund it and preorder the next half finished garbage for a useless preorder bonus and help this low quality Nonsense continue....?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Yes, please refund

We need to send a message to those indie devs: Do not fuck with us

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

Refund it, there's no guarantee that all the problems will be fixed. 

The preorder bonus is a better ship but still pretty damn lousy in terms of capacity. You're not missing much by refunding now and purchasing later if and/or when they fix shit.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yes , do it , game is blunt

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)