Quick question, will Mantle work on Nvidia cards too?

h7779

Just like the title says. Is Mantle an open source program where Nvidia can just apply it to their cards. Or is it closed, and will only work with AMD cards.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K Quad-Core Processor | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 7 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB | Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, Seagate 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive | Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 3.5GB ACX 2.0 Video Card x2 SLI| Case: Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower Case | Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 

It's not a question of if Mantle will support Nvidia cards, it's a question of if Nvidia cards will support Mantle.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Though it ONLY worked with GCN cards. I.E. Nvidia is SOL unless they adopt GCN and throw out their architecture. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Logan said on today's video that it can work with nvidia cards but weather or not nvidia would actually use something by amd is another question. No idea when that video was filmed or if he is accurate. 

Logan said on today's video that it can work with nvidia cards but weather or not nvidia would actually use something by amd is another question. No idea when that video was filmed or if he is accurate. 

I saw that too. What does that even mean? I mean is it truly open source or is it open platform but only locked to GCN cards.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Nvidia really needs to step up their game to their partners. (Heard many times from people that Nvidia is a difficult company to work with)

What's a good name for a Mantle competitor?  Maybe GeCore, GeforceCore xD

I saw that too. What does that even mean? I mean is it truly open source or is it open platform but only locked to GCN cards.

From what I gather it would seem to be truly open source which would be a smart play on AMD's side. This can benefit everyone so I hope some ppl at the nvidia camp realized this is for the better as a whole.

From what I gather it would seem to be truly open source which would be a smart play on AMD's side. This can benefit everyone so I hope some ppl at the nvidia camp realized this is for the better as a whole.

Yeah, that would be cool if Nvidia got on board too. If it takes off it would eliminate the support for DirectX (other than legacy applications) and therefore be hopefully platform agnostic. 

Hail Sithis!

Yeah, that would be cool if Nvidia got on board too. If it takes off it would eliminate the support for DirectX (other than legacy applications) and therefore be hopefully platform agnostic. 

wishful thinking on our part. I really don't think the brass at the top would be willing to suck it up and truly put the gamer first. Lots of internal politics involved im sure....we can still hope.

wishful thinking on our part. I really don't think the brass at the top would be willing to suck it up and truly put the gamer first. Lots of internal politics involved im sure....we can still hope.

Indeed, we shall see in the near future I suppose.

Hail Sithis!

Nvidia really needs to step up their game to their partners. (Heard many times from people that Nvidia is a difficult company to work with)

What's a good name for a Mantle competitor?  Maybe GeCore, GeforceCore xD

Do you mean NVAPI, which has been around for a while?