States win right to ban municipal broadband

The decision is not stupid. The FCC does not have this authority. That said, people should be haranguing their states and municipalities to not stand in the way of competition. 

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

1 minute ago, patrickjp93 said:

The decision is not stupid. The FCC does not have this authority. That said, people should be haranguing their states and municipalities to not stand in the way of competition. 

They should be.

Too bad they're all wrapped up in fake racism, sexism, and a fake political division.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Just now, Trik'Stari said:

They should be.

Too bad they're all wrapped up in fake racism, sexism, and a fake political division.

Humans are by their nature stupid. If we killed everyone on the planet with an IQ less than 150, you'd have 3% of the population left.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

16 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

It effects everyone. Or it will at some point in the future.

The internet is much, MUCH more than just cat pictures and memes. It's the free flow of information, ideas, and education. It gives the average person the power to communicate, en mass. A power which until recently, has been locked away at the hands of the rich and powerful. This has the capability of fundamentally transforming our entire society for the better.

Unless it's misused, abused, and locked down. Throttling is part of that lock down. Monopolies are a part of that lock down.

It doesnt affect everyone, most people use the internet to shop or for social media, and this simply does not affect them. 

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

16 minutes ago, marldorthegreat said:

It doesnt affect everyone, most people use the internet to shop or for social media, and this simply does not affect them. 

Not yet it doesn't.

It may effect their children, their childrens children, or even them. The political machines already misuse it by sending out "volunteers" to "correct misinformation being spread online" in social media.

HRC specifically is doing this, publicly admitting to it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

22 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Not yet it doesn't.

It may effect their children, their childrens children, or even them. The political machines already misuse it by sending out "volunteers" to "correct misinformation being spread online" in social media.

HRC specifically is doing this, publicly admitting to it.

So is Trump, and unless you can prove what they say is false, there's nothing wrong with this.

On 08/11/2016 at 1:56 AM, TheGhzGuy said:

As someone who is politically active, especially with internet rights, I think one of the first ways of addressing this problem is making sure the public understands, as you said. What I want to figure out is where people start to get confused. Knowing that, we can explain things to them and help them understand. 

You don't even need to know about technology to understand the importance of this. A basic understanding of what a monopoly means should be enough, in my opinion.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

6 hours ago, marldorthegreat said:

Video stream, Netflix, Amazon Prime et al. especially as more people buy 4K TVs and go looking for 4K content online. I believe we are getting to a point where fast, reliable, internet is becoming a vital utility, and people will no more move to a city with rubbish internet infrastructure than move to a city that experienced frequent black outs. Not to mention the availability of a good connection is vital to many businesses, and hence employment. 

13 hours ago, Daring said:

Where in MA do you live? I want this. Also, I think you mixed up your up/down speeds.

Yes my bad, I totally mixed my up/down speeds o.O and I live in Shrewsbury.

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700X Motherboard: ASRock X370 Gaming K4 CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 RAM: Crucial 32GB 12400Mhz GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Edition

SSD: PNY 240GB HDD: Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ Case: NZXT S340 Display: Dell P2416D

Camera: Samsung NX1 Audio: Tascam DR-40 Mic: Rode NTG2

Interface: Focusrite 18i20 Monitors: Event 20/20's Mic: Blue Bluebird DAW: Steinberg's Cubase 7.5, Adobe Audition CC

Guitar: MIM Fender Stratocaster Amp: Peavey Classic Chorus 212 Pedals: Dunlop High Gain Volume, Big Muff Germanium Pi, Boss DD-3 Delay, Roland Tuner