No - Mans Sky. Thoughts from Buyers : Is the Experience Worth it?

Go to solution Solved by leelaa14,
4 minutes ago, Ralph Warom said:

Hi Guys,

Review of No Mans Sky coming out are very inconclusive. Honestly they are talking in circles. It is like reviewers really want to love the game. The concept seems very novel. If you have bought this game, is it worth it?

How does it fare compared to like Star Citizen or Something?

Also they will be adding more features such as base building.

Hi Guys,

Review of No Mans Sky coming out are very inconclusive. Honestly they are talking in circles. It is like reviewers really want to love the game. The concept seems very novel. If you have bought this game, is it worth it?

1 minute ago, Ralph Warom said:

Hi Guys,

The game to me will be a chill out game, just exploring and gathering resources etc. It's comparative to warframe in a way, warframe is all about action and grinding out resources.

This will be all about relaxing, gathering resources and moving on to other planets. Will be boring for some of course. Me personally though, I will sit back with the steam controller, put it on the big screen and chill.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

4 minutes ago, Ralph Warom said:

Hi Guys,

Also they will be adding more features such as base building.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Ok. I guess I will wait a few months for its features to get rounded out. If I steam that thing now, might loose taste completely if it sucks.

It seems like a really interesting concept and i'll probably grab it next Steam sale but for now i have useless shit to farm in WoW. 

Atm it looks like solo grinding in a huge empty universe.  I hope there will be more, but for now it looks like 1 day fun next day meh.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

13 hours ago, Ralph Warom said:

From what I can tell so far, it compares to Star Citizen in theme only. No Man's Sky seems to be a very simple resource collection/survival game, closer to games like Terraria, Starbound, or Minecraft (especially if they eventually add in base building). I don't think they were ever trying to be compared to Star Citizen.

Copy from another topic:

For me...I'll start with my list of things I'm going to disregard...As it will hopefully be a matter of time before these are fixed... 

-Bad day one release

-PC crashing/stability issues

-Features promised are not in the game

-Lack of 'implied' multiplayer functionality

Apart from that... which I understand are glaring issues... The game has been advertised heavily as an adventure/exploration game, most everything else about this game are simple mechanics with very little depth. (ie. Space/planetary flight) There are many things to look for, and work towards, like a better ship, better weapons, or specific trading you would like to do to gain units from. 

I would ignore the steam reviews...and honestly most day one reviews... because if it's a bad day one, it's going to be blown out of proportion. If you are that impatient to play, then by all means try it out for an hour, or so, and make your decision to refund then. 

Personally IMO any of the proffesional reviewers are having an unfortunate case of procedural bad luck (the irony) with a string of bad planets, or uninteresting animals. It was stated that at least 1 out of every 5 planets were going to most likely be 'exciting' ,and/or 'lush'. So, I feel the reviews are being rushed without taking into account that this game is so massive, and the time to consume the full wealth of content it has to offer. That's just my take on it though, I think assumptions, and high expectations made a lot of people angry, which is on themselves. For the game it was advertised as, it's very enjoyable. 

read my messages in a gleeful tone. 

If you can get it to run smooth (fortunately I can, though not as smooth as it should be for a 1070 doing only 1080p) it's game play can be described as space safari/space truck simulation. 

If the idea of traveling to new places all the time while making money mining sounds good you'll love it. Otherwise you'll get bored in record time. I like befriending strange raptors that eat iron and then building hyper drive fuel out of plants and sand (carbon and silicates) it's entertaining to me. 

But combat sucks and your space ship handles about as well as a semi truck actually... While on oil covered ice. Steering it's merely a suggestion to your ship and If you force it it will spin out of control. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

On 8/10/2016 at 6:29 PM, Ralph Warom said:

Hi Guys,

It runs like crap but that can and will be fixed but that aside I think compared to Space Sim, Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous: Horizons this game is very subpar the only thing it has against those is the randomized creatures but remember Elite Dangerous is working until 2020 and will ultimately let you complete free roam and etc so they could likely also have an animal system added so therefore I say get it on a sale and be prepared for grindy gameplay after the first 5 hours

Build Name:

Anton

CPU: I7 4790K

GPU: ZOTAC RTX 2060 SUPER AMP EXTREME

RAM: 16GB 1600MHZ

MOBO: MSI H81M-E33

CASE: COOLER MASTER N300

PSU: THERMALTAKE 600 WATT

STORAGE: TOTAL 6.5TB, 512GB SAMSUNG 850 PRO BOOT DRIVE, 2TB HDD 1, 2TB HDD 2, 2TB WESTERN DIGITAL USB 3.0 BACKUP DRIVE

- CRACK!

No Man’s Sky is not the intergalactic playground people had hoped it would be; it is more of a nigh infinitely big museum filled with nothing but Jackson Pollock paintings. (0/10)

I agree with this comment, this game made me fall asleep while playing so screw it

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

1 minute ago, AresKrieger said:

I agree with this comment, this game made me fall asleep while playing so screw it

I actually feel bad for those who paid $60 for this, this game worths $10 at best at its current state

Indie title sold at AAA tile price tag, rofl

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

Just now, GarnetDevil said:

I actually feel bad for those who paid $60 for this, this game worths $10 at best at its current state

Indie title sold at AAA tile price tag, rofl

Yeah like hell I was going to buy before trying it, honestly you'd have to pay me to play this game in it's current state since doing taxes is more thrilling

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Looks boring and repetitive. Its not the huge Sandbox i hoped for.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Apparently some people are having some technical issues with this game on PC. It might be wise to wait a bit for some patching, some community workarounds, and/or a lower price.

The game isn't running well for some people. I had my chance to refund but it never crossed my mind. I love this game a lot.

This game is daft.

azsky_daftalien.jpg'

c u r r e n t  /  ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA  /  I7-12700K  /  2080TI  /  32GB DDR5  /  LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC

Z170 STINGER  /  6700K  /  TITAN X  /  32GB DDR4  /  NZXT MANTA  /  j u i c e b o x  build log

nohasslemods 

i went to 5 planets, they were all the same color and were rocky, also animals were similar and had same amount of boxes and crap scattered around

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Conceptually, the game reminds me of Starbound.

It's disheartening to hear that it lacks any degree of base construction though.

Could you imagine a mash-up between Starbound and Space Engineers? That'd be legendary.

8 hours ago, SageOfSpice said:

Conceptually, the game reminds me of Starbound.

It's disheartening to hear that it lacks any degree of base construction though.

Could you imagine a mash-up between Starbound and Space Engineers? That'd be legendary.

What bother me the most is, that there is no Life or any NPC activity in the Universe. No Factions, no nothing. Everything gets generated when you enter a System and vanish when you leave it.

spent half an hour trying different settings because you have to restart for the simplest change, then my system froze so i rebooted and then it blue screened me. ive given up and gone back to gta.