Budget PC for playing simulators like Euro Truck Simulator and racing simulators.

Hi,

I'm trying to put together a parts list for a PC I would like to build at the beginning of next year. I have not built a pc before so I am a beginner. My budget is £600 UK and I plan on playing Racing simulators and other simulators. I am fine to play at 1080p and its ok if the cost goes over £600 but about £50 extra is max. I already have a 1TB hardrive in the family computer so storage shouldn't be an issue. I am only planing on using one monitor. This is my parts list so far. If possible I might find CPU and motherboard bundles on amazon http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/smithy6640/saved/tTNMnQ . If anyone has any Ideas as on how I can improve it please leave a reply.  

Looks good to me. I have played with a 670 and AMD 270 on euro truck maxed graphics at 1080p and it runs fine. IMO i like intel better tho :).

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Frw68K
Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Frw68K/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£165.85 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Motherboard: MSI H110M Pro-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£47.78 @ CCL Computers) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (£66.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£38.91 @ CCL Computers) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£51.95 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer  (£14.99 @ Novatech) 
Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter  (£27.57 @ Amazon UK) 
Monitor: BenQ GL2023A 19.5" 60Hz Monitor  (£62.88 @ Amazon UK) 
Other: HDMI (£3.00)
Other: RX 470 (£159.99)
Total: £639.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-09 17:30 BST+0100

Racing games are highly CPU dependant, the fx series is complete and utter crap, and with this lower power intel processor, it does not need an aftermarket cooler.

otherwise i updated the gpu solution to have better performance when needed, i added more ram since 16gb is the sweet spot for price/performance for ddr4, and i changed the case to something i know has great cable mgmt.

1 minute ago, Luc401 said:

Looks good to me. I have played with a 670 and AMD 270 on euro truck maxed graphics at 1080p and it runs fine. IMO i like intel better tho :).

I would go for a intel cpu but I desided that an amd would be the best at my budget.Do you think the monitor is alright. 

2 minutes ago, smith12345678900 said:

I would go for a intel cpu but I desided that an amd would be the best at my budget.Do you think the monitor is alright. 

its... a monitor.. its not what i would want, i would go for 1080p, but considering your budget, spending more on the computer right now and getting the peripherals you want later seems to be the best idea.

also i would definitely recommend not going for amd, that whole lineup will be garbage in a year awhile the intel one will last you at least 3... since amd is releasing zen soon we can assume they're not going to support the fx series and not to mention that the intel cpu is a much better performer.

it has more ipc's and is an actual quad core with 4 fpu's instead of  3 on that specific amd processor. (for every 2 fx cores, it shares 1 fpu thereby splitting the bandwidth of each core in half, so 4ghz is really more like 2.5 and 6 cores is really more like 3 with hyperthreading...)

Just now, Gokufighther said:

its... a monitor.. its not what i would want, i would go for 1080p, but considering your budget, spending more on the computer right now and getting the peripherals you want later seems to be the best idea.

also i would definitely recommend not going for amd, that whole lineup will be garbage in a year awhile the intel one will last you at least 3... since amd is releasing zen soon we can assume they're not going to support the fx series and not to mention that the intel cpu is a much better performer.

it has more ipc's and is an actual quad core with 4 fpu's instead of  3 on that specific amd processor. (for every 2 fx cores, it shares 1 fpu thereby splitting the bandwidth of each core in half, so 4ghz is really more like 2.5 and 6 cores is really more like 3 with hyperthreading...)

if you had a lesser budget, only then would i recommend amd, just so you can spend more money on the gpu. otherwise i recommend intel whenever possible... and i am not really a fanboy, i am getting the rx 480 soon and i built my brother's pc with a 7870k cpu... i just like intel's performance better

Get a i5 6400 with a h110/b150 board if you can. Also get the RX 470 or at least the R9 380 4GB since they perform better at the same price point when paired with a good processor (like the i5 6400).

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Also since you are already at a limited budget skip the SSD and the third party cooler, invest in a better graphic card and CPU.

Also unless you really need that CD drive, just scrap it; you will need that money somewhere else other than a near obsolete technology.

Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, Castdeath97 said:

Also since you are already at a limited budget skip the SSD and the third party cooler, invest in a better graphic card and CPU.

Also unless you really need that CD drive, just scrap it; you will need that money somewhere else other than a near obsolete technology.

look at my build....

1 minute ago, Gokufighther said:

look at my build....

At the current stock levels the RX 470 would never sell at that price, so you'd be better off skipping the SSD or getting a cheaper plus getting rid of the CD drive.

Pascal laptops guide

1 hour ago, Castdeath97 said:

At the current stock levels the RX 470 would never sell at that price, so you'd be better off skipping the SSD or getting a cheaper plus getting rid of the CD drive.

that is the current price of them as seen on newegg... and i dont have any storage there at all

1 minute ago, Gokufighther said:

Okay then. Regardless unless he really needs that Optical drive, I still think it would be better to skip it to get a better case or something else. A lot of people pick them up because they think it's impossible to install windows without them or that games still come in CD/DVD format for PC.

Pascal laptops guide

• 5 weeks later...
On 09/08/2016 at 8:00 PM, Castdeath97 said:

Okay then. Regardless unless he really needs that Optical drive, I still think it would be better to skip it to get a better case or something else. A lot of people pick them up because they think it's impossible to install windows without them or that games still come in CD/DVD format for PC.

Hi I really appreciate your seggestions. I included the CD drive as I have some games that are still on CDs. I won't be building the PC until January but I wanted an idea of what I wanted before I got boged down with GCSEs.