Need advice for PC build for a friend

Go to solution Solved by WCFreak,
12 minutes ago, Jason Jamelo said:

Hello everyone!

I was helping a friend to build his 1st gaming rig. He assigned me to do the task since he has no idea on PC build. I choose a mid gaming set up, since he has a limited budget and we are on a third world country , the Philippines. PC parts here are too expensive compare to US pricing, so I tried my very best to choose the best parts for his rig. I don't want to disappoint him later on. 

So I make a draft PC parts on pc part picker. Will you guys advice me the best part you had in mind? His budget is around 850- 1,000 USD . All he need is just to game, no content creations, rendering , 3D animations whatsoever. So an 8GB RAM is more than enough I think. The only issue is the best CPU , and motherboard , in terms of aesthetic since I've picked a red GPU on his build which it didn't match to the white MOBO I've picked . Just Please advice me anything you had in mind. I will be very much appreciate it.

Thank you in advance ! Cheers! 

Please check my chosen parts here -> https://pcpartpicker.com/user/bourne24/saved/#view=XTYPxr

if you have a little extra or can shave off from somewhere i would recommend putting a ssd on there to and use it as boot drive because it would be much faster and used your hdd as storage other tham that fine no large bottlenecking to be worried about, i bet he will love it and appreciate it much (also you can have him look at NZXT's S340 for a case, barely cheaper but a nice case)

Hello everyone!

I was helping a friend to build his 1st gaming rig. He assigned me to do the task since he has no idea on PC build. I choose a mid gaming set up, since he has a limited budget and we are on a third world country , the Philippines. PC parts here are too expensive compare to US pricing, so I tried my very best to choose the best parts for his rig. I don't want to disappoint him later on. 

So I make a draft PC parts on pc part picker. Will you guys advice me the best part you had in mind? His budget is around 850- 1,000 USD . All he need is just to game, no content creations, rendering , 3D animations whatsoever. So an 8GB RAM is more than enough I think. The only issue is the best CPU , and motherboard , in terms of aesthetic since I've picked a red GPU on his build which it didn't match to the white MOBO I've picked . Just Please advice me anything you had in mind. I will be very much appreciate it.

Please check my chosen parts here -> https://pcpartpicker.com/user/bourne24/saved/#view=XTYPxr

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Id get a ssd, other than than that looks good.

Will it OK if the colors of the parts dont match? hehe .. like the MOBO is white, the GPU is red, the RAM is black.. hehe..

I'll ask him if he wants an SSD .. thanks mate!

3 minutes ago, Jason Jamelo said:

Will it OK if the colors of the parts dont match? hehe .. like the MOBO is white, the GPU is red, the RAM is black.. hehe..

I'll ask him if he wants and SSD .. thanks mate!

In the Define S, the SSDs and HDDs are placed behind the motherboard panel, so they won't be visible.

12 minutes ago, Jason Jamelo said:

Hello everyone!

if you have a little extra or can shave off from somewhere i would recommend putting a ssd on there to and use it as boot drive because it would be much faster and used your hdd as storage other tham that fine no large bottlenecking to be worried about, i bet he will love it and appreciate it much (also you can have him look at NZXT's S340 for a case, barely cheaper but a nice case)

1 minute ago, WCFreak said:

Thank you very much mate! Not a problem, I'll asked him if he wants an SSD. I'll also check that S340 case now.. hehe 

Just now, Jason Jamelo said:

Thank you very much mate! Not a problem, I'll asked him if he wants an SSD. I'll also check that S340 case now.. hehe 

No problem the case will also hid the power supply cords pretty well as for you have a semi modular Psu but the case is up to you

29 minutes ago, Jason Jamelo said:

Hello everyone!

Build is good, only thing I can recommend is a SSD. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

All of you recommend an SSD .. hehehe.. Not a problem, I'll ask him if he wants an SSD. Thank you all.. I'll mark this solved now :)