1080p 60Hz monitor for casual gaming

xMishax
Go to solution Solved by samcool55,

http://www.skytech.lt/umwx0eeb01-acer-ka220hqbbid-led-monitorius-ips-technologija-215-coliu-full-1920x-p-319214.html
Not very big but it is the only monitor with an IPS panel that fits in your budget.

And if you want good colors and decent images, IPS is the way to go :)

And afaik it matches most of the other requirements, you might check them yourself to be sure.

edit: hang on there are more of them, derp, never used the website before :D

edit2: http://www.skytech.lt/i2369vm-monitorius-aoc-i2369vm-led-ips-hdmidp-garsiakalbiai-p-146058.html
I have that one! Love it :) It has a bunch of ports so maybe something for you? It doesn't have a very flexible foot but it does have vesa mount support.

Good evening everyone :) Im planning to buy a new monitor, however I have no idea where to start. ATM I own LG Flatron W2243S (1920x1080 60Hz monitor) that was bought somewhere between 2009-2010. It would still keep it as its still decent, has no problems at all, but sadly that monitor has only VGA connector and with recent GPU releases there is no way of connecting my ol'monitor to the GPU apart from adapters. So I need something for a change and I also need community's help as Im rookie in "monitor" buying.
Things I need

- Resolution of 1920x1080 (I guess my PC is mostly suited for that res)

- Refresh Rate 60Hz

- Budget of somewhere around 150 Euros, preferably less if possible :D

- I dont need a super duper competitive gaming monitor :D Im casual gamer playing AAA titles and some MOBA's from time to time. 1080p 60fps is all I need.
- I guess speakers are not needed aswell as I have a decent sound system and headphones.

- Atleast DVI-D connection, HDMI/DP would be cool aswell but not a must

- Good colors and decent image for games and movies

- All the changable stands, VESA and tilts are not a must for me

So guys, is there anything at that budget price range that could suffice my needs?
I will be buying from this vendor: http://www.skytech.lt/

Thank you in advance and have a nice day :)))

I have the AOC 23" IPS I2367F 1080p monitor and I love it, it doesn't seem to be on the site you linked though...

Any IPS monitor from a good brand should be good though.

1 minute ago, MaxBunny said:

AMD or NVIDIA?

Freesync/GSync monitors don't exist in his budget.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Why do you need to buy off that site?

Ariana Grande's Leaked Nudes!!!111!11!

Spoiler

Ayyyyyy

Gaming Rig:     CPU:  i5-4690k  Cooler:  H80i  Mobo:  MSI z97 PC MATE  RAM:  16gb Fury White  Storage:  1TB WD + 120gb Fury SSD  GPU:  GTX 970  Case:  NZXT S340  PSU:  NEX 650W  Keyboard:  K65 RGB  Mouse:  Mionix Naos 7000  Headphones:  ATH-M50x  Monitor:  2x VN248h-P + 1x MG248q  Setup Photo:  (To come)

Out of the box accuracy for me would be LG. I've only had to calibrate a few.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

http://www.skytech.lt/umwx0eeb01-acer-ka220hqbbid-led-monitorius-ips-technologija-215-coliu-full-1920x-p-319214.html
Not very big but it is the only monitor with an IPS panel that fits in your budget.

And afaik it matches most of the other requirements, you might check them yourself to be sure.

edit2: http://www.skytech.lt/i2369vm-monitorius-aoc-i2369vm-led-ips-hdmidp-garsiakalbiai-p-146058.html
I have that one! Love it :) It has a bunch of ports so maybe something for you? It doesn't have a very flexible foot but it does have vesa mount support.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

11 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Freesync/GSync monitors don't exist in his budget.

You never know. :P

Just now, MaxBunny said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

14 minutes ago, MaxBunny said:

AMD or NVIDIA?

AMD - R9 380, however atm Im looking for RX 470/480.

10 minutes ago, iNoa97 said:

Why do you need to buy off that site?

Thats the biggest tech vendor in our country that has best prices and bigest variety of products thats why :D moreover buying things from amazon or ebay or neweggs would be more reasonable however all the shipping fees and things cost really a lot and you might have some problems with RMA.

9 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Out of the box accuracy for me would be LG. I've only had to calibrate a few.

Agree with that :D Using LG at the moment and it is brilliant, too bad it has only VGA connection :(

9 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Sir, you are the real here, sir :D many thanks!

4 minutes ago, MaxBunny said:

there is actually one monitor with freesync for a very low price - http://www.skytech.lt/ls22f350fhuxen-samsung-s22f350fhu-led-monitorius-amd-freesync-215-coliu-full-192-p-305122.html

however Im kind of suspicious about it :D as Ive never seen freesync monitor to be that cheap. It probably has some other issues.

1 minute ago, xMishax said:

there is actually one monitor with freesync for a very low price - http://www.skytech.lt/ls22f350fhuxen-samsung-s22f350fhu-led-monitorius-amd-freesync-215-coliu-full-192-p-305122.html

however Im kind of suspicious about it :D as Ive never seen freesync monitor to be that cheap. It probably has some other issues.

Well it is TN and they clearly cheaped out on the I/O.

If you didn't want nice colors it's an option, but because it's TN i wouldn't get it.

Watching video's with an IPS panel is a real improvement :)

If you get a new monitor with an IPS panel, try to connect the new one and the old one at the same time and do some side-by-side comparisons.

I'm sure you will understand then why IPS is so important :P

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

4 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

If you didn't want nice colors it's an option, but because it's TN i wouldn't get it.

If you get a new monitor with an IPS panel, try to connect the new one and the old one at the same time and do some side-by-side comparisons.

Aye. I guess I will just go with the one you have and will call it a day :-D then gonna do some testing to see how it feels. 

5 minutes ago, xMishax said:

Aye. I guess I will just go with the one you have and will call it a day :-D then gonna do some testing to see how it feels. 

Okay :D

Little tip: put the color temp. setting to sRGB.

It's in the color setup tab, if you have the monitor you should be able to find it quite easily :)

Imo it really shows the capabilities of the IPS panel that way.

48 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Hell I would keep both of them just to have an extra monitor. Gives the PC that little extra "I'm badass" it needs.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

50 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Hell I would keep both of them just to have an extra monitor. Gives the PC that little extra "I'm badass" it needs.

I will keep it ofcourse :D it will just serve under my fathers flag as he still uses old fat ass lamp monitor :D