Water cooling distribution block

So, I haven't played with water cooling much in the past few years, but I was contemplating building a new PC with a crazy amount of cooling and I mean every part of the PC from the processor to the ram, chipset and gpu. One thing I see a lot is the water cooling system set up in a series. I'm assuming more for the fact that it would cut down on hoses, but I do not see any distribution blocks in case I wanted to have multiple independent "loops" in the system.

Like when I built my house, the plumber put in these blocks that evenly distribute water and keep the pressure to all the taps in the house. Each faucet and shower head has it's own hot and cold water line direct from the block. So you can have a shower and flush the toilet without someone screaming bloody murder. Better than the old way or just daisy chaining the water system.

Now, I get that is not an apples:apples comparison, thermodynamics is a little bit different, but wouldn't you get diminishing returns every point you add to the loop to the point that you would have to up the flow rate so high that the efficiency would just drop?

Thoughts?

Eventually head pressure would drop off and you'd lose performance when adding more blocks. More important than flow rate for your request would be head pressure if you took a loop and configured like this:

pump

|

|-CPU-|

|-GPU-|

|-GPU-|

|

Radiator

|

Ress - pump

in the area of CPU/GPU0/GPU1 you would have 1/3rd the head pressure going to each that the pump is capable of than if you ran the whole loop in series: pump-CPU-GPU-GPU-radiator-ress-back to pump.

For this reason head pressure takes president over flow rate. Personally any D5 pump performs this task perfectly even when operated well below maximum output. So yes the more you add the higher resistance and the more blocks you add in parallel the lower the pressure.

like TheRandomness said, the water is flowing fast enough in a properly planned loop to pretty much even out the temperatures.  I thought there had to be some increase though when I set up my loop so I put in some in-line temp sensors with my aquaero to check it out.  My loop runs through all heat producing components and then through all the radiators. 

I've got an exterior radiator setup and 2 water temp sensors, one going in to the pc and one coming out.  Most I've ever seen is a 3°c increase and that was when I had my 2xD5 Varios on 1 with a full load on everything.  With the pumps on 3 its more like 1.5°c.  Pumps on 5 its about .5°c.  Only reason I'm running 2 pumps is because I've got 3ft of vertical rise and an abnormally large loop.  I'd think the normal 1 d5/ddc loop in a case would be about the same.

specs:

4790k @ 5.0Ghz 1.43v 

2xSLI GTX 980 @ 1500 core 8000 memory 1.275v (plumbed in parallel) 

2x240mm rad

2x120mm rad

1x280mm rad

2 extra reservoirs

14-90° fittings & 2-45°s

1 set of QD3 quick disconnects (fairly restrictive) 

20160807_225833.jpg

Sorry, that got out of hand xD

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q