Razer Kraken 7.1 or HyperX Cloud II

WestGamer43

Im looking to get new headphones but I dont know which one is better. I need one with a good mic and great sound quality but I have no idea which one to get.

i have the Cloude II's and im verry pleased with the quality, the ear pices are more comfy (in my opinion) than the kraken, but i would recomend going the an shop whitch sells both and try them on. even thogth i would recommend the Cloude II's

20 minutes ago, WestGamer43 said:

Im looking to get new headphones but I dont know which one is better. I need one with a good mic and great sound quality but I have no idea which one to get.

HyperX Cloud II's by far.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Both of these headsets offer good sound for gaming headsets, but overall you will not be getting "great sound quality". Cloud IIs are the best out of the two in my opinion because of their use of memory foam ear cups. I have owned my set of Cloud IIs for around a year now, and they have decent quality audio but with slight background noise at low levels. The microphone is decent, but I don't use it. Instead, I have an old usb microphone that was around £60 that I use for audio recording and talking over the internet. The Cloud IIs do not have an extremely detailed sound. I would still not recommend that you buy a gaming headset because they are pretty much all bad quality. I would invest in something more expensive for higher audio quality.

How is the even a question. Razer suck ass when it comes to sound.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

I can't speak for the Cloud 2, but I have owned two different versions of Kraken, and they sound great. I'm sure both headsets are great.

The sound quality is superb in the Krakens, maybe not up to par if you are a real audiophile but if you were then you wouldn't be buying headphones at this price range anyway. For £70 you are not going to get anything better. And to my ears, the Krakens sound truly fantastic. Maybe I'm deaf, if the other users on this thread are to be believed, but I swear by them. You do need to configure Razer Synapse though.

Evga GTX 1080 SC ACX | Ryzen 5600X | MSI Tomahawk B550 | 16GB Vengeance 3600MHz | EVGA 650P2 | HAF X | WD SN850X | Asus MG287Q 1440p 144Hz

27 minutes ago, treeroy said:

I can't speak for the Cloud 2, but I have owned two different versions of Kraken, and they sound great. I'm sure both headsets are great.

The sound quality is superb in the Krakens, maybe not up to par if you are a real audiophile but if you were then you wouldn't be buying headphones at this price range anyway. For £70 you are not going to get anything better. And to my ears, the Krakens sound truly fantastic. Maybe I'm deaf, if the other users on this thread are to be believed, but I swear by them. You do need to configure Razer Synapse though.

umm what? For 70£ you can get the clouds and they will crush the kraken in terms of audio quality and you can also often get the SHP9500 for around that price and further more you can get Koss Porta Pro's they will also wreck the kraken in audio quality. 

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

10 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

umm what? For 70£ you can get the clouds and they will crush the kraken in terms of audio quality and you can also often get the SHP9500 for around that price and further more you can get Koss Porta Pro's they will also wreck the kraken in audio quality. 

well to me the sound is literally crystal clear, I cannot imagine how any sound could be improved from it. anyway i was just saying to the person who said the cloud is a waste of time because I think for the money these type of headphones are all you will get.

Evga GTX 1080 SC ACX | Ryzen 5600X | MSI Tomahawk B550 | 16GB Vengeance 3600MHz | EVGA 650P2 | HAF X | WD SN850X | Asus MG287Q 1440p 144Hz