Best Aircooler for 4.5ghz 6700k OC?

vESP

so my AIO is finally starting to die and im glad as it is the worst one to move around as the tube is covered in a rigid mesh material and it is extremely hard to possition on my core x9 case when roof mounted.

airflow is not a issue with my case and im working to make it far better :) .

now im looking for a air cooler since they don't tend to die and u only ever have to replace fans and thermal paste.  

Which cooler would you guys recommened? im looking at the following!

Noctua NH-D15: https://www.pccasegear.com/products/27666/noctua-nh-d15-cpu-cooler

Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3: https://www.pccasegear.com/products/27623/be-quiet-dark-rock-pro-3-cpu-cooler

Cryorig R1 Universal: https://www.pccasegear.com/products/29594/cryorig-r1-universal-cpu-cooler

Phanteks PH-TC14PE: https://www.pccasegear.com/products/25600/phanteks-ph-tc14pe-cpu-cooler-white-edition

CoolerMaster MasterAir Maker 8: https://www.pccasegear.com/products/34808/coolermaster-masterair-maker-8-cpu-cooler

Links are from PCCG in Aus as that is the site i use the most often and has the best policy etc and range

Faith: WIP

Cpu: intel 6700k

RAM: g.skill ripjaw v 3200mhz 16 18 18 38 2n 32gb 4x8gb

MB: Asrock extreme 7+

GPU: GTX 1080 TI Poseidon Platinum Asus ROG
PSU: Cougar 1050W 80+ gold

Case: IN WIN 509 ROG [ black red ]

Cooling: Barrow Fittings, Block, 360mm x 60mm rad, 18w d5 pump, 210 res, EK blood red premix. Poseidon GPU block

SETUP: BenQ 27" 144hz|BenQ 28" 1080p VA 60HZ|Corsair Strafe RGB|Razer DeathAdDer Chroma|ATH IM70|E10k Olympus 2 amp|DX Racer King

The NH-D15 is probably overkill for that OC, you can get a higher OC with that. If you want 4.5ghz, go with something like the Cryorig H7 or Hyper 212 evo. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, legacy99 said:

The NH-D15 is probably overkill for that OC, you can get a higher OC with that. If you want 4.5ghz, go with something like the Cryorig H7 or Hyper 212 evo. 

Yea this was only a baseline i wanted to do 2.8 but i was crashing at the time, looking into upping my OC

Cooling: Barrow Fittings, Block, 360mm x 60mm rad, 18w d5 pump, 210 res, EK blood red premix. Poseidon GPU block

SETUP: BenQ 27" 144hz|BenQ 28" 1080p VA 60HZ|Corsair Strafe RGB|Razer DeathAdDer Chroma|ATH IM70|E10k Olympus 2 amp|DX Racer King

if your going to go higher than that, then the NH-D15 is the best on the market for air coolers with the Dark Rock pro 3 a close 2nd. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

For cooling performance, the Noctua NH-D15 slightly edges out the Phanteks PH-TC14PE and the Cryorig R1 Universal but the difference is negligible to be honest. The beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 follows behind the three but it's also the quietest of the lot.

To be honest, just pick and choose whichever you think looks best. The Cooler Master MasterAir Maker 8 doesn't justify its price though.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Well from what i have seen the Noctua NH-D15 can with its performace kill many AIO watercooling options :) 

ASUS Maximus VII Hero | i7 4790K OC 4.8GHZ | 4x8GB 2400MHz MSI GTX 1070 alphacool eiswolf gpx pro
Samsung 850 EVO 520GB + Corsair 525gb + 275gb SSD  2TB Seagate Barracuda | 8TB Seagate Archive

Cooler Master HAF-X 942 | EVGA Supernova 1000W 80+ Platinum | Custom watercooling loop (gpu+cpu)

360mm+180mm rad and 10 fans | Swiftech D5 mcp655-B

9 hours ago, legacy99 said:

if your going to go higher than that, then the NH-D15 is the best on the market for air coolers with the Dark Rock pro 3 a close 2nd. 

If you're referring to noise, then sure but the DRP3 is the worst performer from the list. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

7 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

If you're referring to noise, then sure but the DRP3 is the worst performer from the list. 

nah, in overall cooling performance. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

23 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

nah, in overall cooling performance. 

That's not true. http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/7522/cooler-master-masterair-maker-8-cpu-review/index6.html

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

-_-

well now this complicates things haha

I'd go with the Cryorig R1 Ultimate (and you can buy an XT140 fan later if you want a triple fan config for 1-2 degree drop at load temps xD) if you want to match your Thermaltake core x9 case in terms of aesthetics. However, if looks are not important to you, choose the Noctua NH-D15 - very strong in performance, noise, and all around metrics. I own cryorig myself, and although i'm biased about looks, the noise is somewhat audible. Nevertheless, its performance is good.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9415/top-tier-cpu-air-coolers-9way-roundup-review/12

They're all really good air coolers. And you may have to use your judgement on noise vs performance. 1C is very negligible, but try to analyze the heatsink rather than the fans (definitely replaceable in the future).

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9415/top-tier-cpu-air-coolers-9way-roundup-review/14

read the conclusion for a thorough analysis. Sometimes newegg has sales, dropping prices drastically. So price could be a major factor, too.

If I had an enabler for a wife, I'd already have an NH-D15. That's my easy pick. The Phanteks and Cryorig would be 2-3 in some order, then the beQuiet thanks to its impossible mounting mechanism. The CM brings up the rear because it's weaksauce for the price, and it capitalizes more on looks and the CM name (which is worth less and less to me every passing day) than any actual performance advantage over anything else in its price bracket. 

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

6 hours ago, vESP said:

-_-

well now this complicates things haha

Does it?

The NH-D15 is the best cooler listed. 

Of the first four listed I'd go with whatever offered the best combination of price and looks.  In that order.

But my recommendation is try the Cooler Master.  Then tell us all about it!

18 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Does it?

The NH-D15 is the best cooler listed. 

well you see im kinda dyslexic and i cant read text on cirtain colors or i get over confused.  haha ill look again