Am i Bottlenecking anything?

WCFreak

What's the purpose of the build, mainly gaming or a mix of gaming and rendering?

If you do light to no rendering you would probably be better off swapping the 6850K for the 6700K and a Z170 board, or even the 5820K and the x99 board instead.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

No I wouldn't worry at all about anything getting bottlenecked, everything on your list seems pretty top notched and reliable. It does look like an awesome build though!

the leds on your ram arent fast enough.

/s

seriously tho.. led ram is such a waste of money :/

2 hours ago, manikyath said:

the leds on your ram arent fast enough.

/s

seriously tho.. led ram is such a waste of money :/

lmao ive looked and the money isnt really a problem but the speed says it runs at 3200 DDR4 and my Board supports highest at 3333 DDR4

2 hours ago, Lurick said:

What's the purpose of the build, mainly gaming or a mix of gaming and rendering?

If you do light to no rendering you would probably be better off swapping the 6850K for the 6700K and a Z170 board, or even the 5820K and the x99 board instead.

thanks but im doing heavy rendering and i am an editor but ill look into that for another build :)

1 minute ago, WCFreak said:

lmao ive looked and the money isnt really a problem but the speed says it runs at 3200 DDR4 and my Board supports highest at 3333 DDR4

but you could use that same money to buy LED strips that can literally wrap around your entire case until you have nowhere left to put LEDs.

if you want something obnoxious, do it right :P

2 hours ago, TheGreatPCMasterRace said:

No I wouldn't worry at all about anything getting bottlenecked, everything on your list seems pretty top notched and reliable. It does look like an awesome build though!

thanks i am really going to enjoy this build i just cant figure out if i should go with this or the DELUXE II ill figure it out though :P 

2 hours ago, manikyath said:

but you could use that same money to buy LED strips that can literally wrap around your entire case until you have nowhere left to put LEDs.

if you want something obnoxious, do it right :P

Lmao ok ill look into other ram :D

Just now, WCFreak said:

thanks but im doing heavy rendering and i am an editor but ill look into that for another build :)

Cool, just making sure you'll be putting the power to good use and it most definitely will be :) 

Nothing will be bottlenecked, that's for sure, and as for the GPU question it's usually better go with a single more powerful card than deal with SLI issues so if you can spring for the 1080 that would be best.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

Cool, just making sure you'll be putting the power to good use and it most definitely will be :) 

Nothing will be bottlenecked, that's for sure, and as for the GPU question it's usually better go with a single more powerful card than deal with SLI issues so if you can spring for the 1080 that would be best.

Alright appreciate the help definitely will be a fun build and definitely needed and worth it:D

9 minutes ago, WCFreak said:

Lmao ok ill look into other ram :D

Why are you spending an extra $200 for more PCI-E lanes?  You could get a nice monitor instead.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6800K 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($419.00 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: Deepcool CAPTAIN 240 WHITE 182.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($89.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus X99-A II ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($225.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($164.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($143.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card  ($459.99 @ B&H)
Power Supply: SeaSonic EVO Edition 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($88.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $1591.95
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-07 16:05 EDT-0400

Absolutely no point in getting the 6850K. Get the 6800K, save 200$ and spend it on a GTX 1080 instead of 1070. 

Just now, Matias_Chambers said:

Absolutely no point in getting the 6850K. Get the 6800K, save 200$ and spend it on a GTX 1080 instead of 1070. 

alright :D:D

Just now, WCFreak said:

alright :D:D

The only difference between the 6850K and 6800K is that the 6850K is 200 MHz faster and has 40 PCI-e lanes instead of 28. Not worth the extra 200$ unless you are running a lot of PCI-e devices. 

No bottlenecks that I can see of and plenty of ability to expand in the future :) 

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

No bottlenecks that I can see of and plenty of ability to expand in the future :) 

thanks

No, the biggest bottleneck you have there is really the graphics card. You will always have a bottleneck in every system, it's just about what you want to sacrifice.

If you aren't doing any heavy video editing that CPU seems like MAJOR overkill. Go for something like a 6600K or 6700k if you are just using the build for gaming..

Headphones:

Spoiler

Sony MDR V6 (DT 250 pads), restored 1987 AKG K240M 600ohm (Cosmos pads with dt250 filters), AKG K7XX, Beyerdynamic DT990 pro 250 ohm, Bose Ae2 & Sony MDR v150. All off of a Bravo V2 shuguang tube, Little Dot mkII with GE JAN 5654 tubes, a CEntrance Dacport slim and a UCA222.

PC:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    i7 6700k
  • Motherboard
    Asus Z170s
  • RAM
    Crucial Ballistix (white)
  • GPU
    Asus 1070 Strix OC
  • Case
    Phanteks P400
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 pro, Seagate barracuda 1tb
  • PSU
    Evga G1 650W (regret)
  • Display(s)
    Samsung S22D300 21.5" 1920x1080 60hz 5ms & ASUS PB277Q 27" 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Deepcool Captain 240EX white
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G810
  • Mouse
    Logitech G502
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 (switching to linux soon)

Just now, Pauleh said:

No, the biggest bottleneck you have there is really the graphics card. You will always have a bottleneck in every system, it's just about what you want to sacrifice.

If you aren't doing any heavy video editing that CPU seems like MAJOR overkill. Go for something like a 6600K or 6700k if you are just using the build for gaming..

im a editor and i render heavy

1 minute ago, WCFreak said:

im a editor and i render heavy

Then you are totally fine.

Headphones:

Spoiler

Sony MDR V6 (DT 250 pads), restored 1987 AKG K240M 600ohm (Cosmos pads with dt250 filters), AKG K7XX, Beyerdynamic DT990 pro 250 ohm, Bose Ae2 & Sony MDR v150. All off of a Bravo V2 shuguang tube, Little Dot mkII with GE JAN 5654 tubes, a CEntrance Dacport slim and a UCA222.

PC:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    i7 6700k
  • Motherboard
    Asus Z170s
  • RAM
    Crucial Ballistix (white)
  • GPU
    Asus 1070 Strix OC
  • Case
    Phanteks P400
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 pro, Seagate barracuda 1tb
  • PSU
    Evga G1 650W (regret)
  • Display(s)
    Samsung S22D300 21.5" 1920x1080 60hz 5ms & ASUS PB277Q 27" 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Deepcool Captain 240EX white
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G810
  • Mouse
    Logitech G502
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 (switching to linux soon)