Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

This thing that we are dealing with has nothing to do with issues in software. Sadly our issue is not that simple. How can anyone explain Overall bad image quality even in bios logo with varying intensity, also it affecting all the audio/video devices in the house including Consoles, Phones, TV, PC etc? This issue has an effect outside of the realm of software. So please stop saying that it's because of this software or that update. It has nothing to do with any software. Software itself is the victim here not the cause. 

Also please stop posting these tweaks(High resolution, post processing, TAA, etc. ) that only makes your GPU work harder to try to fix something that's not supposed to be there in the first place. On top of that these tweaks don't even work if the intensity of this issue is higher. Also this theory that game devs are implementing this blur like condition in their new games. Seriously? Are these guys even listening to the symptoms? Or are they just ignoring the fact that this blur exist even outside of games(even in bios screen, phones, consoles, etc). 

I have shared this article before that there can be many issues in Electricity but for the ones who believe that Electricity is simple and it's just ON or OFF. Here we go again:

https://download.schneider-electric.com/files?p_Doc_Ref=SPD_VAVR-5WKLPK_EN

We will require Electrical/Electronics Engineers or Power Quality Experts, Certified Electricians with advanced test equipment not just a mulimeter. Although there are best equipment for this job that costs more than 10k USD like this one:

But atleast an oscilloscope is just the tool we should begin our tests with. I am for a long time (since i have this issue after moving to this city) wanted to buy an oscilloscope so that i will have something to figure out the specific issue in Electricity that we are dealing with. Solutions can come later depending upon that specific issue. But because in my country things like these are rare and costly. Nonetheless i will try to import it from US(amazon).

About testing for noise/Interference, although noise can be measured with an oscilloscope but there are other tools as mentioned in this video:

The best way right now for an ordinary user to figure this thing out is to go to another house in the same city or another city far away with different power grid and buy a new hardware at the new place and test it. Buying new PC at new place might not be necessary. Maybe your old PC will work fine at new place. Or you can go to some gaming shops/zones near the new house or in new city and see if their PCs have it. These gaming zones usually are available in some Asian countries. Don't know if they are available in other countries. Or you can go to some relative/friend's house. But this is the only way we can test it as of now. 

Right now we don't know for sure if it is the entire city affected by it. But as some people were saying that they observed it through out the city. Maybe for some of us it's only the issue in power because of their own wiring and for others it's coming in from the power company side. Or something wrong with the transformer shared by our neighbours and us. At this point it would only be a speculation because we don't know what specific issue in Electricity or maybe in environment we are dealing with. But the above mentioned method of testing it is the only way we can test the AOE(Area of effect) of this issue.

On 2/12/2020 at 9:51 AM, slayer007 said:

I was living in sharjah UAE all my  Electronic Gadgets  including My phone mac Book PS4 Tablet were having Jagged edges. Recently my company Transferred me to Dubai Branch..as usual i was given a Flat i unpacked all my stuff and plugged all my cables and on the First boot it was the same disheartening  jagged edges from boot logo to desktop icons to games jagged Edges everywhere i use Lg 4k screen By the way...the second day Boom it vanished everything was sharp and LOD issues were also gone today its the 5th day everything is going smooth... 

This shows that it has to do something with the place we are living at. There are ONLY 2 possibilities. Electricity or Interference.

1 hour ago, Meeseeks said:

This thing that we are dealing with has nothing to do with issues in software. Sadly our issue is not that simple. How can anyone explain Overall bad image quality even in bios logo with varying intensity, also it affecting all the audio/video devices in the house including Consoles, Phones, TV, PC etc? This issue has an effect outside of the realm of software. So please stop saying that it's because of this software or that update. It has nothing to do with any software. Software itself is the victim here not the cause. 

Also please stop posting these tweaks(High resolution, post processing, TAA, etc. ) that only makes your GPU work harder to try to fix something that's not supposed to be there in the first place. On top of that these tweaks don't even work if the intensity of this issue is higher. Also this theory that game devs are implementing this blur like condition in their new games. Seriously? Are these guys even listening to the symptoms? Or are they just ignoring the fact that this blur exist even outside of games(even in bios screen, phones, consoles, etc). 

I have shared this article before that there can be many issues in Electricity but for the ones who believe that Electricity is simple and it's just ON or OFF. Here we go again:

We will require Electrical/Electronics Engineers or Power Quality Experts, Certified Electricians with advanced test equipment not just a mulimeter. Although there are best equipment for this job that costs more than 10k USD like this one:

But atleast an oscilloscope is just the tool we should begin our tests with. I am for a long time (since i have this issue after moving to this city) wanted to buy an oscilloscope so that i will have something to figure out the specific issue in Electricity that we are dealing with. Solutions can come later depending upon that specific issue. But because in my country things like these are rare and costly. Nonetheless i will try to import it from US(amazon).

About testing for noise/Interference, although noise can be measured with an oscilloscope but there are other tools as mentioned in this video:

The best way right now for an ordinary user to figure this thing out is to go to another house in the same city or another city far away with different power grid and buy a new hardware at the new place and test it. Buying new PC at new place might not be necessary. Maybe your old PC will work fine at new place. Or you can go to some gaming shops/zones near the new house or in new city and see if their PCs have it. These gaming zones usually are available in some Asian countries. Don't know if they are available in other countries. Or you can go to some relative/friend's house. But this is the only way we can test it as of now. 

Right now we don't know for sure if it is the entire city affected by it. But as some people were saying that they observed it through out the city. Maybe for some of us it's only the issue in power because of their own wiring and for others it's coming in from the power company side. Or something wrong with the transformer shared by our neighbours and us. At this point it would only be a speculation because we don't know what specific issue in Electricity or maybe in environment we are dealing with. But the above mentioned method of testing it is the only way we can test the AOE(Area of effect) of this issue.

This shows that it has to do something with the place we are living at. There are ONLY 2 possibilities. Electricity or Interference.

electricity theory is dumb shit as i mentioned before guy made absolutely new pc with top tier components with ups stabilizer and nice electricity in his apartment since his father is an electrician. you can make for your pc a hat made of foil, maybe that will help with interference :) resolution was always there, just wasnt looking for it, that's my thought ( what else could it really be man? ) not a hater, also looking for something like a solution, but all these theories are proven to be wrong over those 120+ pages of this thread

47 minutes ago, Kelums said:

electricity theory is dumb shit as i mentioned before guy made absolutely new pc with top tier components with ups stabilizer and nice electricity in his apartment since his fathet is electrician. you can make your pc a hat made of foil, maybe that will help with interference :) resolution was always there, just wasnt looking for it, that's my thought ( what else could it really be man? ) not a hater, also looking for something like a solution, but all these theories are proven to be wrong over those 120+ pages of this thread

It's not a theory it's a fact that Electricity is the culprit here. The electrician who watched might not have the proper tools that i mentioned in the post. Or he might not be fully knowledgeable of Power Quality issues. He was an Electrician without any test equipment and not a Power Quality Expert with advanced and proper testing Equipment. So you are just discarding the ONLY possibility i.e. Electricity that can cause these issues in all audio/video devices in a house by basing someone's analysis who never even used proper testing equipment as i mentioned in the above post. About using a UPS, I have answered it many times a UPS can not fix all problems in Electricity. Each Power Quality issue in Electricity has a specific solution. Please read this thread from the beginning and read carefully the article (The Seven Types of Power Problems) i have mentioned in the above post. In that article you can see each power quality issue has it's own mitigating techniques. 

5 minutes ago, Meeseeks said:

It's not a theory it's a fact that Electricity is the culprit here. The electrician who watched might not have the proper tools that i mentioned in the post. Or he might not be fully knowledgeable of Power Quality issues. He was an Electrician without any test equipment and not a Power Quality Expert with advanced and proper testing Equipment. So you are just discarding the ONLY possibility i.e. Electricity that can cause these issues in all audio/video devices in a house by basing someone's analysis who never even used proper testing equipment as i mentioned in the above post. About using a UPS, I have answered it many times a UPS can not fix all problems in Electricity. Each Power Quality issue in Electricity has a specific solution. Please read this thread from the beginning and read carefully the article (The Seven Types of Power Problems) i have mentioned in the above post. 

Its not even possible that electricity could make harm through ups and an expensive psu with filters lol xD at least not at launch. about monitor and bios logos I was watching this problem from the first day i bought my FullHD monitor, but not in games. so there's no connection at all ( except the resolution ). about shadows, i dont know but in some games it doesnt appear to be a problem which means this is graphical engine problems. 

7 minutes ago, Kelums said:

Its not even possible that electricity could make harm through ups and an expensive psu with filters lol xD at least not at launch. about monitor and bios logos I was watching this problem from the first day i bought my FullHD monitor, but not in games. so there's no connection at all ( except the resolution ). about shadows, i dont know but in some games it doesnt appear to be a problem which means this is graphical engine problems. 

Well that's ignorant. Either learn how Electricity works or don't reply to atleast my posts. You never even read the article (The Seven Types of Power Problems) that i have posted. Your question "will UPS protect from all electrical issues" has answer in it. 

1 minute ago, Meeseeks said:

Well that's ignorant. Either learn how Electricity works or don't reply to atleast my posts. You never even read the article (The Seven Types of Power Problems) that i have posted. Your question "will UPS protect from all electrical issues" has answer in it. 

dude its electricity, not unfiltered plasma power going through your outlet :D it cant damage your hardware in means of seconds through all the protections of ups PLUS psu. one guy didnt even pull his new laptop to outlets and what? problem is still here. just read some pages of thread, please. guys literally tried every shit possible and only few of thousands was able to resolve this thingy by moving or did disappear strangely after pc reset to factory settings? strange dont you think? 

21 minutes ago, Kelums said:

dude its electricity, not unfiltered plasma power going through your outlet :D it cant damage your hardware in means of seconds through all the protections of ups PLUS psu. one guy didnt even pull his new laptop to outlets and what? problem is still here. just read some pages of thread, please. guys literally tried every shit possible and only few of thousands was able to resolve this thingy by moving or did disappear strangely after pc reset to factory settings? strange dont you think? 

In all honesty you should learn about how Electricity works.  Believe me you have no clue at all. I again recommend for you reading this article.

I was thinking of something, maybe we should make a discord server to easily talk about this, share infomation or compare how games look like between us. I'm kinda curious how some games look for someone else that's "infected" as I am. Post screenshots or stuff, I don't know, just saying. For example I streamed some games for a few friends and they noticed the games look bad, I was thinking maybe I can stream some stuff for the non-believers.

8 hours ago, Darker17 said:

I was thinking of something, maybe we should make a discord server to easily talk about this, share infomation or compare how games look like between us. I'm kinda curious how some games look for someone else that's "infected" as I am. Post screenshots or stuff, I don't know, just saying. For example I streamed some games for a few friends and they noticed the games look bad, I was thinking maybe I can stream some stuff for the non-believers.

Ask those friends to record the same game that you have.
Its been years and I still haven't seen a side-by-side comparison.

On 3/11/2020 at 4:37 PM, Meeseeks said:

Thank You ? 

Listen here morons,  if I have these issues with my consoles and PCs,  and Then I use stadia, GeForce now and blade shadow and STILL have these issue????  This CLEARLY has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with our computers..

Now we have a few people saying filters and UPS’s and super electricians prove it’s not electrical or interference.  I still believe their is some sort of interference or electrical issue underlining all this bullshit.  I’ve already stated this before but the city replaced the transformer on my street around the time this all started,  coincidence?  Dunno....

Heres one more that I’ve already brought up last year,  I was playing shadow of the tomb raider on one of my rigs and I noticed in the settings menu when I changed the graphics quality from low - Ultra my ceiling lights would dim in that room,  every time I clicked a different preset.  Coincidence?  Also dunno...

Now one could look at these things outlined above and say maybe there could possibly be an electrical/interference type of issue going on here,  but we’re most likely going to get posts like,  Did you change your graphics card???  Or Did you plug it into the wall??? 

This is getting fucking old...

9 hours ago, Darker17 said:

Good ideas..

2 hours ago, Harsh45 said:

Listen here morons,  if I have these issues with my consoles and PCs,  and Then I use stadia, GeForce now and blade shadow and STILL have these issue????  This CLEARLY has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with our computers..

Now we have a few people saying filters and UPS’s and super electricians prove it’s not electrical or interference.  I still believe their is some sort of interference or electrical issue underlining all this bullshit.  I’ve already stated this before but the city replaced the transformer on my street around the time this all started,  coincidence?  Dunno....

Heres one more that I’ve already brought up last year,  I was playing shadow of the tomb raider on one of my rigs and I noticed in the settings menu when I changed the graphics quality from low - Ultra my ceiling lights would dim in that room,  every time I clicked a different preset.  Coincidence?  Also dunno...

Now one could look at these things outlined above and say maybe there could possibly be an electrical/interference type of issue going on here,  but we’re most likely going to get posts like,  Did you change your graphics card???  Or Did you plug it into the wall??? 

This is getting fucking old...

Someday we all will agree that pixels are not infinite :) Maybe when 4k will be more available and game engines will be perfect. 

14 hours ago, Kelums said:

Someday we all will agree that pixels are not infinite :) Maybe when 4k will be more available and game engines will be perfect. 

Well, Division 2 looks pretty perfect on my PC...

Have you guys noticed that rainbow effect when you turned your playstation discs to clean them? well this "effect" I have it also on the TV screen and on the phone screen maybe that's the problem?

On 3/13/2020 at 8:41 PM, Sanspooky said:

Have you guys noticed that rainbow effect when you turned your playstation discs to clean them? well this "effect" I have it also on the TV screen and on the phone screen maybe that's the problem?

its rgb dude, that's how you see colors :D

Want to give you all an update:

I upgraded my system today from an i5 7400 to Ryzen 5 3600. 

My issues have been fixed. 

I have good level of detail. Although slight shimmering exists, because now I go out looking for them. 

There's good details and AA works just fine. All I had to do was switch to a different platform.

However, I'll let you know if the same issue arises on Ryzen, because I am not hopeful.

1 hour ago, VincentArogya said:

I have good level of detail. Although slight shimmering exists, because now I go out looking for them. 

There's good details and AA works just fine. All I had to do was switch to a different platform.

However, I'll let you know if the same issue arises on Ryzen, because I am not hopeful.

Can You post some screenshots or video ?

4 hours ago, VincentArogya said:

I'm sorry dude but I sold my flat PC everything that can be sold , trashed all my cables , memory sticks and everything. On new flat everything was new phone laptop. After 3 days "bug" "virus" was noticeable , after 1 week it was in full power. You got a honeyomoon period right now.

4 hours ago, VincentArogya said:

Only if it was that simple but it's not. Maybe whatever is wrong in Electricity got fixed for you but your old PC never recovered. So when you bought new one only then you were able to see the difference. Or maybe the intensity of this issue is less for you lately therfore you saw improvement. That's why we need advanced Electrical test equipment to figure this out and keep an eye on this issue daily.

As i can see the intensity of this blur(with other symptoms) changing in my TV, Laptop,  PC, Phone on a day to day basis, I can assure you that this issue is not that simple. Maybe you got lucky and you don't have this issue in Electricity anymore.

But it's very important that there is this good point raised by few people here that whenever they buy new PC this thing appears for them after some time of use. If that's the case then i think you should wait and hope that it will not appear after some time of use.

I think I have solution in some way for this problem,with this I managed to solve shimmering and flickering grass and trees textures and also get crisp nice line around characters,and objects,there is still a little bit aliasing here and there,but here is what fixed it for me,use options like this in Nvidia Control Panel,I think problem was due to color not being corect and so it was color conflict on pixels,and that is why image was grainy or it flicker or shimmer.Here are pics of my Nvidia Control Panel,try it yourself and see if it works for you.

Nvidia 1.png

Nvidia 2.png

Nvidia 3.png

Nvidia 4.png

Nvidia 5.png

Nvidia 6.png

Nvidia 7.png