Guy trading Alienware 17 GTX 780M i7-4800MQ + PS Vita + iPad 2 16GB for my gaming pc?

jpnmusic2
Go to solution Solved by DisconnectedYT,
Just now, jpnmusic2 said:

In my case it's not performance that matters. It's whatever sells the best on Kijiji. I'll just tell the guy to sell his stuff and come back with money I think. Better that way.. 

Yep, its alot easier to tell if its a scam or not that way!

Also then you can find the exact value

Basically I'm looking to sell my PC with the monitor, mouse and keyboard, and this guy is offering to trade my PC for an Alienware 17 with a GTX 780M, an i7-4800MQ, a 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, 16/32GB ram, a PS Vita and a iPad 2 16GB. Is this a good deal? I put my PC for 1000$CAD, and I do believe the laptop alone is worth more than this used. I mainly need money, but if I can make more, why not. And I wouldn't mind a laptop honestly.

My specs: 

CPU: Intel i5-4670K @ 4.0GHz 
Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45 LGA1150 
RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz 
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 
GPU: Sapphire R9 270X Vapor-X 2GB 
PSU: Corsair HX650 650w semi-modular 80+ Gold 
HDD: 1TB Western Digital Blue 7200RPM 
SSD: 480GB ADATA SP550 
Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Black (pas RGB) 
KB: Cooler Master Quickfire TK Cherry MX Red 
Mouse: Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury 
Screen: Asus VE228h 21.5" 1080p 

Thanks. 

Main PC: Intel i7-860 and Asus P7P55D-E LX (both for 15$) | Mismatched 7GB | WD10EZEX | ZOTAC GTX 1060 3GB | Antec EA500 (20$)

2 minutes ago, jpnmusic2 said:

Basically I'm looking to sell my PC with the monitor, mouse and keyboard, and this guy is offering to trade my PC for an Alienware 17 with a GTX 780M, an i7-4800MQ, a 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, 16/32GB ram, a PS Vita and a iPad 2 16GB. Is this a good deal? I put my PC for 1000$CAD, and I do believe the laptop alone is worth more than this used. I mainly need money, but if I can make more, why not. And I wouldn't mind a laptop honestly.

My specs: 

CPU: Intel i5-4670K @ 4.0GHz 
Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45 LGA1150 
RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz 
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 
GPU: Sapphire R9 270X Vapor-X 2GB 
PSU: Corsair HX650 650w semi-modular 80+ Gold 
HDD: 1TB Western Digital Blue 7200RPM 
SSD: 480GB ADATA SP550 
Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Black (pas RGB) 
KB: Cooler Master Quickfire TK Cherry MX Red 
Mouse: Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury 
Screen: Asus VE228h 21.5" 1080p 

Thanks. 

Not worth it at all!

780m is nothing compared to the R9 270x, also that ipad is compareable to a iphone 3GS! SO DONT!

Its up to you, I wouldn't but if you think you could sell the laptop for more, maybe do the trade.

but i would NOT

Just joined the forum? Read this:

A Quick Guide To Get Started

Need Help Doing Something? Read this:

Guides & Tutorials Catalog

Need a New SSD? Read this:

Droidbot's SATA3 SSD Tier List

Need a New PSU? Read this:

PSU Tier List

In the mood for some memes? Look at these:

Linus Memes

Want to know my PC Specs and Peripherals?

Spoiler

CPU - Intel Xeon E5 2609 v3     Motherboard - ASRock X99 Extreme3      RAM - 16gb HyperX Fury DDR4      GPU - EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 SC      

Case - Inwin 103       Storage - HyperX Savage 240gb SSD      PSU - 550W Enermax NAXN      Display(s) - 2x Lenovo L27i-28, Dell 24"      Cooling - Corsair H100i Platinum     Keyboard - Corsair K95 Platinum MX Speed      Mouse - Logitech G900      Sound - Audio Technica ATH-M50x     Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

Join the LTT F@H Team!

You can help scientists studying Alzheimer's, Huntington's, and many cancers by simply running a piece of software on your computer.

Start now: Folding@Home Install Guide and Links

4 minutes ago, DisconnectedYT said:

Not worth it at all!

780m is nothing compared to the R9 270x, also that ipad is compareable to a iphone 3GS! SO DONT!

In my case it's not performance that matters. It's whatever sells the best on Kijiji. I'll just tell the guy to sell his stuff and come back with money I think. Better that way.. 

Main PC: Intel i7-860 and Asus P7P55D-E LX (both for 15$) | Mismatched 7GB | WD10EZEX | ZOTAC GTX 1060 3GB | Antec EA500 (20$)

Just now, jpnmusic2 said:

Yep, its alot easier to tell if its a scam or not that way!

Also then you can find the exact value

Yeah I won't in the end. Cash or nothing fam tbh. A laptop won't help me buying my car so yeah. lmao.

7 minutes ago, DisconnectedYT said:

Not worth it at all!

I know this is post driver updates and shizzle but the 780m used to be around the power of a 660ti (I'm pretty sure but my memory could be wrong) where the 270X is a majorly OCed 7870 basically and a stock 7870, the 660ti traded blows with so yes it is a weaker but it's like a 270 in performance so...not that much of a downgrade?

(p.s. since you've gotten your answer, this doesn't matter anymore...tee hee hee)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

2 hours ago, jpnmusic2 said:

Yeah I won't in the end. Cash or nothing fam tbh. A laptop won't help me buying my car so yeah. lmao.

BEST AVATAR

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHZ
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GT 730

Attachcorethingy: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Infoholdstick: 4x2GB sticks

Computerarmor: Lenovo Case

Rememberdoogle: 2 250 Gig Drives

AdditionalPylons: Generic 300 Watt

Letterpad: Lenovo

Buttonrodent: Lenovo

Aural Interface: Sony

Liquidrectangles: 1 1600x900 Vizio TV

5 hours ago, jpnmusic2 said:

~snip~

Hi there :) just a couple of notes:

If you are selling your storage drives too make sure you wipe them clean so nobody else has access to your data. You can do this by filling your drives with zeros. A good tool to do that would be WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic

Also, when getting a new computer (regardless if it's a laptop or a desktop) make sure you ask the seller for a S.M.A.R.T. status of the storage drives so you know they are safe for storing data on them.

Another thing you could do is ask for benchmarks and stress test results of the other parts so you know what exactly are you getting and compare that to your current setup.

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/