Best SSD Settings

SSD Settings  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Best SSD optimization preset in the Samsung magician software. (If you're a gamer)

• Speed
    • Reliability
    • Storage

Overprovisioning, Optimization Presets. Anything and everything that has to do with getting your SSD set up the way you want. 

Feel free to discuss your views on what you think is the best way to set up your SSD.

What games and programs benefit the most from being installed on one?

How reliable have your drives been over the years/months?

This thread is dedicated to finding the best ways you can set up and use your drives. 

I really need speed, even if the SSD crashes or whatever I can always download the game again really fast due to my Internet speed and for storage, ehhhhh I just need to put a couple of games because i'm not that big of a gamer so even a 250gb one will do. 

I'm part of the "Help a noob foundation" 

Samsung Magician doesn't do anything in real life situations. Just letting you know.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS