download files from laptop hdd

kakhat
Go to solution Solved by Spork829,

Like mrbuz asked, do you know if the old drives use IDE or SATA? IDE is the old standard for connecting to the HDD, and SATA is the new (and current) one. If it's SATA you can plug it straight in, and if not you can probably buy an IDE to SATA adapter.

so here is a deal , i have two old hard drives and i  want  to get files from it into my computer and could you tell me how i do it ?

can i  just plug in onto my desktop and it will read  files  or i need some software or anything please help me out 

ok well do you know if the old hard drives are IDE or sata 

If you have the right connections then yeah, plug it in and its like a flash drive. If you dont have the connections then you can buy an adapter for like 20usd

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

Like mrbuz asked, do you know if the old drives use IDE or SATA? IDE is the old standard for connecting to the HDD, and SATA is the new (and current) one. If it's SATA you can plug it straight in, and if not you can probably buy an IDE to SATA adapter.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...