On a budget: can anyone tell me a noticeable difference between these two ram sticks

G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) vs

Klevv Neo 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) 

looks, I'd pick the G Skill because I've heard of them.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

It's from a different brand, that's it.

Spec wise they are identical, or maybe they have different timings but you won't notice that anyway.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Just now, deaddudaman31122 said:

G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) vs

Klevv Neo 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) 

basically 0 like it doesnt matter,for games and everyday usage at all, id go with gskill since its a brand i know, but if you do really really care about performance go with the one that has the lower CL timgins

Main PC:| CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 @ 4.1, MOBO: Asus B350 PRIME , RAM: LPX Vengance 2400 16gb kit, GPU: 980Ti Poseidon Platinum 6gb
                PSU: SilverStone Strider Gold Evolution 1200w , CASE: HAF 932  HDDs:240gb EX900 HP NVME 6TB (2x3 Seagate Barracuda)
                COOLING: ThermalTake Contac Silent 12
Laptop:MSI GL62 7RD  CPU: Core i5 7300HQ, RAM: 16GB 2400mhz, :GPU GTX 1050 2GB: HDDs: 256gb adata NVME + 1TB HDD

love all brands, will go for whats cheaper for my needs

Just now, Mauricio G. B. said:

basically 0 like it doesnt matter,for games and everyday usage at all, id go with gskill since its a brand i know, but if you do really really care about performance go with the one that has the lower CL timgins

I think klevv is a brand from sk hynix that uses their ram modules.

And knowing sk hynix it should be good.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Lower timings is better, but that's not noticeable. However technically, the 27 is 0.00000001% better than the 28.

Just get the G. Skill one as the other is an unheard of brand.

Linus is my fetish.

It's hard to notice the difference across different speeds, much harder within the same speed, same latency, only 1 or 2 different timings. If keeping things within budget is your concern, go with the cheapest.

4 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Lower timings is better, but that's not noticeable. However technically, the 27 is 0.00000001% better than the 28.

Just get the G. Skill one as the other is an unheard of brand.

This saves me $9 an their equivalent. I understand brand recognition, and I usually follow suit, but I am trying to save as much money as possible on this one. Plus Klevv ram reviewed very well, and it's an off shoot of an name brand. Thanks for the help though.

1 minute ago, deaddudaman31122 said:

This saves me $9 an their equivalent. I understand brand recognition, and I usually follow suit, but I am trying to save as much money as possible on this one. Plus Klevv ram reviewed very well, and it's an off shoot of an name brand. Thanks for the help though.

Does the Klevv ram have lifetime warranty though?

Linus is my fetish.

5 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Does the Klevv ram have lifetime warranty though?

Warranty Exclusions
G.SKILL limited warranty does not cover problems or damage resulting from, but not limited to, any of the following:

1. Wear and tear associated with normal use
  2. Any acts of nature, abnormal mechanical or environmental condition, modification, abuse, accident, disassembly, misapplication, or unauthorized repair
  3. Removal or alteration of any manufacturer label(s) or sticker(s)
  4. Any improper assembly, handling, installation, or operation; including any use not in accordance with any supplied product instructions
  5. Connection to any improper voltage supply
  6. Removal or reassembly of heatspreader
  7. Missing, damaged, detached, or bent contact pins, chips, parts, casing, or heatspreader
  8. Any other cause which does not relate to a product defect in materials or workmanship

Life time warranty is a great tag line. However, this is an extensive exclusion list. I would assume that in most cases I would be fine with calling on the warranty, but I try not to assume. Regardless Klevv has a life time warranty as well(see attachment), but to be fare I do not know their exclusions.

상세페이지_neo.pdf

5 hours ago, deaddudaman31122 said:

Warranty Exclusions
G.SKILL limited warranty does not cover problems or damage resulting from, but not limited to, any of the following:

1. Wear and tear associated with normal use
  2. Any acts of nature, abnormal mechanical or environmental condition, modification, abuse, accident, disassembly, misapplication, or unauthorized repair
  3. Removal or alteration of any manufacturer label(s) or sticker(s)
  4. Any improper assembly, handling, installation, or operation; including any use not in accordance with any supplied product instructions
  5. Connection to any improper voltage supply
  6. Removal or reassembly of heatspreader
  7. Missing, damaged, detached, or bent contact pins, chips, parts, casing, or heatspreader
  8. Any other cause which does not relate to a product defect in materials or workmanship

Ram failure is very very very rare. Don't worry about the warranty. I can't say anything about klevv but G Skill memories are good in terms of quality. I will go with G SKILL

1. Wear and tear associated with normal use : "  You are not going to switch on and off you PC every 5 min. even if you do it, it is not going to create any prob at least for 3-4 years "
  2. Any acts of nature, abnormal mechanical or environmental condition, modification, abuse, accident, disassembly, misapplication, or unauthorized repair "You are not going to hit your RAM with hammer & you are not going to modify your ram "
  3. Removal or alteration of any manufacturer label(s) or sticker(s) " You are are not going to remove warranty sticker "
  4. Any improper assembly, handling, installation, or operation; including any use not in accordance with any supplied product instructions " You are not going to fit DDR3 RAM in any other slot , they won't fit also " " You are not going to increase ram voltage than it's limit in bios "
  5. Connection to any improper voltage supply " You are not going to increase ram voltage than it's limit in bios "
  6. Removal or reassembly of heatspreader " You are not going to remove heat sink present in the ram "
  7. Missing, damaged, detached, or bent contact pins, chips, parts, casing, or heatspreader   " you are not going to put your ram in a highly damage mobo "
  8. Any other cause which does not relate to a product defect in materials or workmanship " you are not going to modify your ram "

The exceptions are made by considering " LIFE TIME WARRANTY " . Do you understand the meaning of LIFE TIME. I Highly doubt that you are going to use this ram for more than 5-7 Years.