Second GTX 970 or NEW 1080

Balokun

Hey guys!

I´ve been wondering and waiting to buy myself a new PC soon and I´m kinda stuck with a 1400~ ISH budget. (Euro, to mention the currency here (€))
Problem here is that if I wanna get myself a proper everything BLABLA and so on, I would hit that mark easily and even go over it. I have some parts like an SSD and HDD and CPU cooler ALREADY!
Currently in planing:
Intel Skylake i7-6700K, LGA1151, 4GHz, 8MB, Boxed
Crucial 8GB(2x4GB) Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 2400MHz, CL16
Phanteks Eclipse P400
Kingston 120GB SSDNow M.2 SATA
Asus MAXIMUS VIII HERO 
Corsair 650W, VS650,
HyperXFury 8GB 2666MHz

--> Currently standing at: 833,30€ ~ ISH (Price tags may variate)

HERE IS THE PROBLEM!
I WONT be able to make any more huge income soon due to various reasons..

Adding a 

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Gaming ACX 3.0

...is gonna blast my current budget.....

But buying another 

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Gaming, 4GB GDDR5, DVI/HDMI/3xDP, PCI-E 3.0
...it´s just SIMPLY NOT THE SAME AND REQUIRES SLI, WHERE SUPPORT WILL START DROPPING MORE AND MORE! 
(I would cry at this point)

Please......
I need opinions and help  with this decision! :/

I thought the same, but then I don´t have the budget for extras AND EVEN HAVE TO GO INTO DEBT! :o

Save up for a 1080. Why would you go into debt for a GPU o.O absolutely not worth, just be patient.

6 minutes ago, Balokun said:

I thought the same, but then I don´t have the budget for extras AND EVEN HAVE TO GO INTO DEBT! :o

Then don't upgrade lol.

@BalokunHere's the deal:

1. First, you get a cheaper motherboard; that Maximus VIII is stupid if you are tight on the budget. Get something much cheaper and invest the cash on other parts.
  2. Next, swap that RAM for a 2x8 3000mhz kit. Plain and simple.
  3. Can you, like, get a 500~550w PSU rather than that Corsair VS? Please?
  4. Finally, put a Gtx 1070 if you can't afford a 1080. Another "plain and simple" case. Would be nice if you could afford a 1080. But if not, the 1070 will do just fine.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Honestly sell the 970 and get a 1070. A 1070 is about equal to two 970s and is definitely better than one, and it's loads cheaper than a 1080.

CPU: i7 6700k (4.7 GHz) | GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW (OC) | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S | Cooling: Corsair H110i GTX | Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB WD Black | RAM: 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LED (White) 3000MHz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU: Corsair RM850i | WiFi Card: TPLink Archer T9E | Case Fans: Noctua iPPC-2000 PWM (3x 120mm in), 2x Noctua NF-A14 PWM 140mm (radiator, painted black), Fractal Venturi HP-14 (1x 140mm out)  | OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

just get a cheaper motherboard this one doesn't make any sense and get a GTX 1070.

Done!

...you could also probably find a cheaper case that you like (?) and go with a better quality powersupply.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

3 hours ago, Imakuni said:

@BalokunHere's the deal:

1. First, you get a cheaper motherboard; that Maximus VIII is stupid if you are tight on the budget. Get something much cheaper and invest the cash on other parts.
  2. Next, swap that RAM for a 2x8 3000mhz kit. Plain and simple.
  3. Can you, like, get a 500~550w PSU rather than that Corsair VS? Please?
  4. Finally, put a Gtx 1070 if you can't afford a 1080. Another "plain and simple" case. Would be nice if you could afford a 1080. But if not, the 1070 will do just fine.

That motherboard included the RAM in that price of 229€
The corsair PSU was only 69€ but okay,l I have a 540W already in my current PC and will probably use it. Its only 4 years old now x_x
Ill tr< my best for the 1080. Its needs to be future proof, even though I know I´m stupid for buying a 1080...even though I play on 1920x1080 res.. :D

Also: I GLADLY take experienced suggestions on the MOBO cause the selection is shit on ma page and AMAZON is not a thing....
Does it need to be an H170 or Z170?
Any difference?

This one is only 169€ instead of the previous 229€

Asus Z170 PRO GAMING, LGA1151, Intel Z170, DDR4, ATX

Can anyone suggest me a fitting MOBO for a mini-ATX case?

Edited by Balokun

GTX 970 SLI still equals 3.5gb vram.

1070 gives you a full 8gb.