R9 380 acting funny at 1080p

Ok so as of late my amd R9 380 has been acting really bizarre and near refusing to play some games. I have an xfx double dissipation 4gb XXXOC model and this has been my story all day. I launch a game, 1080p it works for a moment. Then suddenly my gpu fans crank to 100% and the system basically dies. Stays on but I loose all display. In gtav, war thunder, and fallout 4. I game on a slightly old hdmi tv at 75HZ, but I run at 60hz either way. I've rolled back drivers from latest to 16.3.2 with no a avail. But oddly enough going to DVI on my 1440x900 monitor I haven't gotten any errors yet. Gaming on my 7870k yeileded no issues, just a little laggy. I don't know if the hdmi is faulty or what but I've been trying to figure this out since 10pm and now it's 1am. I need help please. 

Just now, Matthewv1998 said:

Ok so as of late my amd R9 380 has been acting really bizarre and near refusing to play some games. I have an xfx double dissipation 4gb XXXOC model and this has been my story all day. I launch a game, 1080p it works for a moment. Then suddenly my gpu fans crank to 100% and the system basically dies. Stays on but I loose all display. In gtav, war thunder, and fallout 4. I game on a slightly old hdmi tv at 75HZ, but I run at 60hz either way. I've rolled back drivers from latest to 16.3.2 with no a avail. But oddly enough going to DVI on my 1440x900 monitor I haven't gotten any errors yet. Gaming on my 7870k yeileded no issues, just a little laggy. I don't know if the hdmi is faulty or what but I've been trying to figure this out since 10pm and now it's 1am. I need help please. 

Actually it just happened on the monitor, it just took longer 

If you search a little you will find out ALOT of people have issues with CTD,black screen issues and Drivers stopped responding with R9 380 on certain game which AMD havent fixed yet.

I own XFX R9 380 4GB but it is an issue with all models,I had a little more luck on Fallout 4 with 16.7.2 drivers but was a pain with GTA 5,sometimes it launched then crashed but if it got past the loading screen it played normally.

Only hope is AMD fixes it with drivers but I'm losing hope after all these months.

BTW  DON'T download 16.7.3 WHQL,they will break some of your games completely,Fallout 4 just red screened and system died as soon as I started it so stick with 16.7.2!!!

2 minutes ago, Kirik said:

If you search a little you will find out ALOT of people have issues with CTD,black screen issues and Drivers stopped responding with R9 380 on certain game which AMD havent fixed yet.

I own XFX R9 380 4GB but it is an issue with all models,I had a little more luck on Fallout 4 with 16.7.2 drivers but was a pain with GTA 5,sometimes it launched then crashed but if it got past the loading screen it played normally.

Only hope is AMD fixes it with drivers but I'm losing hope after all these months.

BTW  DON'T download 16.7.3 WHQL,they will break some of your games completely,Fallout 4 just red screened and system died as soon as I started it so stick with 16.7.2!!!

Ah ok, I guess I maybe should get my Rx 480 first then. Might just stay with 16.3.2 for now. 

Yeah thats the card I also hope to get and fix all my,our problems.

Good Luck man