Reason you chose AMD or NVIDIA

AwesomeElite

This is not a troll post. All i want is the reason(s) you chose a card made by ether of the two companies. Make it short. Noone here needs to be refuted as to why they picked what they picked. No reason is stupid enough for this post. Dont start anything.

Dies ist nicht ein Troll Beitrag. Alles was ich will ist die Ursache Sie wählten eine Karte von Äther der beiden Unternehmen. Machen Sie es kurz. Niemand muss hier widerlegt werden , warum sie gepflückt , was sie gepflückt. Kein Grund ist dumm genug für diesen Beitrag . Lassen Sie sich nicht alles zu starten.

1 minute ago, AwesomeElite said:

This is not a troll post. All i want is the reason(s) you chose a card made by ether of the two companies. Make it short. Noone here needs to be refuted as to why they picked what they picked. No reason is stupid enough for this post. Dont start anything.

Dies ist nicht ein Troll Beitrag. Alles was ich will ist die Ursache (n) Sie wählten eine Karte von Äther der beiden Unternehmen. Machen Sie es kurz. Niemand muss hier widerlegt werden , warum sie gepflückt , was sie gepflückt. Kein Grund ist dumm genug für diesen Beitrag . Lassen Sie sich nicht alles zu starten.

Feature set.  Nvidia had lots of little gimmicks like shadow play and in home streaming that I liked. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

Shadowplayyyyyy!

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I chose Nvidia because my AMD GPU failed right after the warranty ended, so ofc I was sort of pissed so I didn't want to buy AMD again, at least not for awhile. Plus I also liked the feature set that Nvidia had like shadowplay (Which I wished I had all the time when I had my old GPU).

And the fact that my new gpu has less power draw and runs a lot quieter is just another good thing I guess. Also no more driver issues and other annoying stuff that I had to deal with on the AMD side, although that's probably just me.

As much as I want to like AMD and even used to like them better before, they just don't have their shit together atm.

1 minute ago, Illumination said:

i chose nvidia because its color green and theres more marketshare than amd. fuck amd with their hot cards like my backyard nuclear fusion plant

I wouldn't say that, take a look at the GTX 480 or FX 5800 Ultra.

Funny how people say "ShadowPlay", and the only advantage it has over AMD's counterpart is an easier-to-handle UI. For someone as tech savvy as most people here that should not be a problem. Performance impact is the same.

I chose my R9 290X because I always base my purchase on price/performance ratio, and it was unbeaten in that field here in Poland.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Why do threads like these exists? All it does is bring it the fanboys from both sides out the woodwork...

Pick whatever your budget can fit, and whatever performs better at the time for that said budget.

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

My friend bought this 960, I saw it performed pretty well and was cheap, I bought my own to have a similar system, he bought a 980Ti . . .

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

1 minute ago, iiNNeX said:

Why do threads like these exists? All it does is bring it the fanboys from both sides out the woodwork...

Pick whatever your budget can fit, and whatever performs better at the time for that said budget.

if i could delete those types of comments i would. ill just need to hope people dont start arguing 

2 minutes ago, raphidy said:

Eye candy.

Lol. Geforce 7300LE with 1080 cooler? ye sure m8.

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.

Best Price to performance i could get

GTX 980 NEW For $315

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

There is no choosing AMD or Nvidia unless you're a fanboy. You choose the card that best fits your needs regardless of brand.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

14 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Working drivers.

*rofl*

care to share., My GTX 950 would love one of those.

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

There is no choosing AMD or Nvidia unless you're a fanboy. You choose the card that best fits your needs regardless of brand.

atleast someone gets it.

6 minutes ago, App4that said:

But i want the REASON you choose the card you bought from ether company. can you read? title of the post is all you need? did you read the description of the post? If your reason is that you fanboy one or the other than that is perfectly fine for this post.

Just now, AwesomeElite said:

But i want the REASON you choose the card you bought from ether company. can you read? title of the post is all you need? did you read the description of the post?

I didn't choose Nvidia, I chose the 980ti. If the 980ti was built by Radeon I would have chosen it. You asked a question based on brand, not the card. Maybe you should re word the question?

Nvidia has more perks like shadowplay and stuff. Another reason is that nvidia scales better in price to performance ration in our country.

3 minutes ago, App4that said:

I didn't choose Nvidia, I chose the 980ti. If the 980ti was built by Radeon I would have chosen it. You asked a question based on brand, not the card. Maybe you should re word the question?

I used the names of the creators to generalize the question. We dont the the spooky ATi people coming back to life (i have 2 Ati cards in my garage never used if anyone wants em)

I chose nvidia because they have many more higher end GPUs than AMD. And nvidia is way ahead of amds best card.

Just now, AwesomeElite said:

I used the names of the creators to generalize the question. We dont the the spooky ATi people coming back to life (i have 2 Ati cards in my garage never used if anyone wants em)

The problem is people actually think one brand is better than the other, so they buy based on brand and get burned. I was a loyal Radeon customer because their cards were usually the best bang for the buck in the mid performance bracket. Once I moved up to enthusiast hardware I had to got Nvidia, and I wish that wasn't the case. I'd rather buy between two card based on aesthetics, than have no choice. I've owned both within the last year and there's no difference at all between the two brands, only specific differences in the cards themselves.

10 minutes ago, Prysin said:

*rofl*

care to share., My GTX 950 would love one of those.

I've had working drivers with Nvidia before. At least once. So it's already 100% better than every AMD driver I've used. :(

I don't want to generalize my affection towards team Red or Green, all it takes is the best bang for the buck. And thats the reason why I chose GTX1060 over RX480.

1. AIB cards available from the day one. (Still no AIB RX480s available)

2.1060 AIB cards actually cheaper than AMD counterparts (judging by pre-order prices) in my country.

This is why we can't have nice things... :(