Titan XP price might be justified

App4that
On 7/31/2016 at 7:29 PM, App4that said:

So when the benchmarks hit, we will in fact revisit this. ;) 

1440p, DX12, Hitman

Titan XP: 92.13fps avg
RX480 8GB: 51.97fps avg.

5x the price for 2x the performance in this instance. 

Titan:
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/73148-nvidia-titan-x-12gb-performance-review-13.html

RX480:

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/72889-radeon-rx480-8gb-performance-review-20.html

1 minute ago, IGJoe2192 said:

And still will not suffer from any CF/SLI limitations ;)

My profile... HERE

Join the Disqussions... https://disqus.com/home/channel/techinquisition/

8 minutes ago, IGJoe2192 said:

You're not to hip on how performance scales, huh? The amount of energy needed to increase your speed increases exponentially as the speed increases. This is true for anything really. This is 1080 SLI like performance without any of the SLI drawbacks. You could take those 5 RX 480S and even if 5 way crossfire was a thing they wouldn't be close to the Titan XP. Hell, I bet the Titan XP beats the Pro Duo. A card 300us more expensive. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

5 minutes ago, App4that said:

You're not to hip on how performance scales, huh? The amount of energy needed to increase your speed increases exponentially as the speed increases. This is true for anything really. This is 1080 SLI like performance without any of the SLI drawbacks. You could take those 5 RX 480S and even if 5 way crossfire was a thing they wouldn't be close to the Titan XP. Hell, I bet the Titan XP beats the Pro Duo. A card 300us more expensive. 

LOL... the trolls on WCCF are spewing about this... especially the hardcore AMD one's... :D

My profile... HERE

4 minutes ago, Tech Inquisition said:

LOL... the trolls on WCCF are spewing about this... especially the hardcore AMD one's... :D

I bet. People want things to fail, never understood that hobby. Having the Titan XP be this huge a beast before it's even cooled properly must really put a bee in their bonnet.

1 hour ago, App4that said:

I bet. People want things to fail, never understood that hobby. Having the Titan XP be this huge a beast before it's even cooled properly must really put a bee in their bonnet.

I wonder how many people complaining about "Price/Performance" have an X99 build over a Z170.

CPU - i7 6800k @ 4.2Ghz

Mobo - Asus X99-A-II

Ram - Corsair Vengeance LPX White 32GB @ 3200Mhz

GPU - MSI GTX 1080ti Lightning X @ 2063/12528

Storage - Samsung SM961 256GB, Samsung 840 Pro 250GB & Sandisk Ultra II 256GB

Cooling - Corsair H110i (2x ML140 White LED)

PSU - RM850x

Case - Anidees Ai Crystal

Monitor - Acer XB270HU bprz @ 1440p / 144hz IPS

Sound - FiiO E10K & AKG K712 PROs

Peripherals - Razer Blackwidow TE & Corsiar Scimitar

2 hours ago, App4that said:

DAMN IT!!! ****, mother ****er...

I had just got myself used to the idea of doing 1080 SLI, and then this.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-titan-x-12gb,4700.html

Holy crap, I mean damn. It rips the head off a 1080 and ****s down it's ****ing throat.

So back to waiting for a Titan XP... Should have popped on one today...

I Just ordered one. Am Excited!

4 hours ago, Blackoutjazz said:

I Just ordered one. Am Excited!

I'm jealous! Going to be a few weeks for me. Hopefully by then there is a AIO cooler, but I'm thinking the 1080 Hybid cooler might work. 

14 hours ago, App4that said:

Umm... I didnt mention crossfire... just price to performance. Different strokes for different folks. In this case you are paying five times the prices for twice the performance. Good job on Nvidias part for making these powerful graphics cards but they are pricing them a bit high is my gripe.

13 hours ago, Djxinator said:

I wonder how many people complaining about "Price/Performance" have an X99 build over a Z170.

Me. But I'm not complaining, cos I got SLI GTX 980 Tis for £700. But PC still not worky, trying a new mobo which will arrive in 2 days time.

Linus is my fetish.

48 minutes ago, IGJoe2192 said:

Umm... I didnt mention crossfire... just price to performance. Different strokes for different folks. In this case you are paying five times the prices for twice the performance. Good job on Nvidias part for making these powerful graphics cards but they are pricing them a bit high is my gripe.

You're not good about looking at benchmarks, are you?

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/73148-nvidia-titan-x-12gb-performance-review-5.html

3 minutes ago, IGJoe2192 said:

Umm.. you arent really good with reading comprehension, maybe there is an app for that... have a nice day.

You said twice the performance, you're wrong. But run along now, go troll somewhere else.

OOOHHH!! Now I get it. You bought 2 cheap graphics cards and put them in a X99 system xD That's like putting cheap ass tires on a Porsche xD oh god dude, I am so sorry. You vent. You vent all you want. I understand now.

There's some mad jelly going on this last page :D 

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Vent for??? Loving my system. Bought X99 before Z170 was even mentioned coming to market. Got plenty of cores, memory and bandwidth to last me a long time. My crossfire setup has been fun, my fourth. 

4 minutes ago, IGJoe2192 said:

Vent for??? Loving my system. Bought X99 before Z170 was even mentioned coming to market. Got plenty of cores, memory and bandwidth to last me a long time. My crossfire setup has been fun, my fourth. 

You're here, aren't you. You decided to weight in on a topic, have you stopped to consider why? You used a source for the Titan X, did you check the other cards to see if they matched? Because there isn't a RX 480 in the Titan X review. But look.

Fallout 4 at 4k, 1080, average frame rate is 35.21.   http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/73148-nvidia-titan-x-12gb-performance-review-5.html

Fallout 4 at 4k, 1080 average frame rate is 55. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWcsaociTjE

That's a difference of 20 fps. You can't use different benchmarks to compare performance. You need the same products compared, then compare multiple reviewers.

So why are you here, making that mistake? Because you're trying to validate your own purchase.

1 hour ago, App4that said:

OOOHHH!! Now I get it. You bought 2 cheap graphics cards and put them in a X99 system xD That's like putting cheap ass tires on a Porsche xD oh god dude, I am so sorry. You vent. You vent all you want. I understand now.

Come on.  Everyone knows that it's all in the tires!!

Just now, done12many2 said:

Come on.  Everyone knows that it's all in the tires!!

I've actually spent way more time than I should have on this. Well, I guess since I'm spending over a thousand dollars on a graphics card, something I swore I'd never do, I'd better research the **** out of it. And seriously, you can't beat a Titan XP for the money. Even a 1080 SLI set up barely beats it, though I'm having to use multiple sources to find relative performance. Not ideal at all. But even if you give the SLI the benefit of a doubt you still have every single reviewer saying SLI is in major trouble. Then you have the Titian XP performing way better than anything else in the Pascal line-up in Vulkan and DX12.

I've spend hours finding every last bit of information on this, people are straight up wrong. The Titan XP is a monster. Straight up. Unless someone does a straight comparison between the Titan XP and 1080s in SLI that offers new information I'm set on grabbing a Titan XP asap.

12 hours ago, App4that said:

I'm jealous! Going to be a few weeks for me. Hopefully by then there is a AIO cooler, but I'm thinking the 1080 Hybid cooler might work. 

That, or it might be time to invest in a custom water loop using EK ;)

I know I am seriously contemplating it now for Spartan 2.0 :)

My profile... HERE

2 hours ago, App4that said:

You're here, aren't you. You decided to weight in on a topic, have you stopped to consider why? You used a source for the Titan X, did you check the other cards to see if they matched? Because there isn't a RX 480 in the Titan X review. But look.

Fallout 4 at 4k, 1080, average frame rate is 35.21.   http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/73148-nvidia-titan-x-12gb-performance-review-5.html

Fallout 4 at 4k, 1080 average frame rate is 55. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWcsaociTjE

That's a difference of 20 fps. You can't use different benchmarks to compare performance. You need the same products compared, then compare multiple reviewers.

So why are you here, making that mistake? Because you're trying to validate your own purchase.

I didn't use different benchmarks to compare performance... I compared the same title at the same resolution with the same settings... by the same reviewer.... I stated the average FPS of both an RX480 and the new Pascal Titan X. I have also stated the price differences between the two. Five times the cost of a Pascal Titan X vs a reference RX480 8Gb... but less than two times the performance, this is a fact.. I don't know why I am being called a troll when you are bashing me for my system choice and GPU choice??? I just don't see the "value" in the new Titan... Nvidia will do like it did with the Maxwell Titan X and release a 1080Ti that has nearly the same performance for $300 less. 

You asked me to name a card with the same performance for less, while I haven't done that I have stated the reasoning behind my original comment which was that the price was not justified for the performance. Some of us look at the facts and form a different opinion, that extra 40fps doesn't make you any better at the game. 

Not that it will make a difference and I probably will be bashed further but I came from an i7-920 up to the i7-5930K, I paid the extra money for the extra PCI-e lanes because I am using them. There was no mainstream quad channel DDR4 at the time either. I laid down the money for another system that would last me 6 years or even more. I now have the RX480's after coming up from an HD7970Ghz crossfire setup the performance boost for me has been justified, also 1440P and freesync is nice. Sorry I can't live up to your standards and buy a $1k graphics card every year because it is the best of the best... I guess tomorrow I should go out and spend the money on a 6950X just because it is moar better 

11 minutes ago, IGJoe2192 said:

snip.

I've been trying to break this down, but I'll go further.

Your own links so I won't re-post them.

Titan X AotS @1440 86.29fps

Rx 480 AotS @1440 32.71fps

That's a title known to be better on AMD, is that half? Is 86.29/32.71, 2? No.

So, that's why I said you're trolling. You're cherry picking, and have admitted to COMPLETELY ignoring the fact that the goal is the performance of a Titan XP. NOT two 480s.

At the performance level of a Titan X it's a good deal.

Of course the price to performance is better at the 400 dollar mark. But we're not talking about that.

39 minutes ago, App4that said:

I've been trying to break this down, but I'll go further.

Your own links so I won't re-post them.

Titan X AotS @1440 86.29fps

Rx 480 AotS @1440 32.71fps

That's a title known to be better on AMD, is that half? Is 86.29/32.71, 2? No.

So, that's why I said you're trolling. You're cherry picking, and have admitted to COMPLETELY ignoring the fact that the goal is the performance of a Titan XP. NOT two 480s.

At the performance level of a Titan X it's a good deal.

Of course the price to performance is better at the 400 dollar mark. But we're not talking about that.

Still not 5 times =P

2 minutes ago, IGJoe2192 said:

Still not 5 times =P

It depends. If you need the power you have two choices. You can not do what you want to do, or pay for it. Well. I kinda like having a roof over my head xD So I gatta pay.

So my choices are 1080 SLI, Titan XP, 3 way 980ti SLI, and the options that don't take advantage of my monitor on my down time the Pro Duo, or Fury X crossfire.

The Fury X crossfire is the cheapest option, by far. But it's limited by it's 4g of memory, speed doesn't matter if the application doesn't detect enough. And in my off time it would be less than if I had two 980tis. So it's out.

Pro Duo, look up and make it 1500us.

I'd have to get a bigger case and a bigger power supply for 3 way SLI, so it's out.

So the battle is between the 1080 SLI, and the Titan XP. The Titan XP is the cheaper option of the two. Hence the click bait title.

100% honesty, no backies. Jay's video on the 1080 SLI vs Titan XP will probably decide it for me.

6 hours ago, App4that said:

Isn't that what thread is all about? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 minute ago, xAcid9 said:

Isn't that what thread is all about? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Technically I would have to be trying to prove the 980ti is just as good as a 1080, for that to be true. 

And technically right, is the best kind of right.