Where to get server racks for not alot of money

Anyone know where I could get a server rack and/or servers for free/cheap? Ive heard of people who find some great dumpster dive finds but Im in a small town where that doesnt happen. Ideally I would be able to email them or something. Thanks

Breaking things 1 day at a time

4 minutes ago, TubsAlwaysWins said:

Anyone know where I could get a server rack and/or servers for free/cheap? Ive heard of people who find some great dumpster dive finds but Im in a small town where that doesnt happen. Ideally I would be able to email them or something. Thanks

Check to see if you have a electronics scrap collection companies as they possibly may be your best bet to get one at a discount. 

9 minutes ago, TubsAlwaysWins said:

I've seen them in thrift shops rarely.(they normally have no idea what they are though)

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

8 hours ago, manikyath said:

to be honest with you... ikea shelves are #goodenough at a budget.

yea thats if they dont fall over on ya a server weighs a hell of alot more then some of there dressers

Spoiler

* insert GIF of dresser  that fell on person Photoshop it include  server *

real answer monoprice has some decent ones newegg may have some check crags list or ebay they are your best bet . if you have any large stores or big enough to have the racks there  that went out of businesses near you you may get lucky if they are cleaning it out ask the workers if they are taking any large black heavy metal racks/thingys out and see if they want anything for  it . or find the manager and see if they are willing to sell it . store near me went under has a 42u one but its way to heavy for me to move it or even put in my house . i probably shouldn't have to add this but racks are not light the small ones can start to get  heavy and the large ones are stupid heavy 1.5ton for 42u.

here is a fairy cheap one

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Adjustable-Levelers-Management-4POSTRACK12U/dp/B00P1RJ9LS/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1469854456&sr=1-3&keywords=rack+enclosure+40in

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

26 minutes ago, gamerking said:

yea thats if they dont fall over on ya a server weighs a hell of alot more then some of there dressers

Reveal hidden contents

* insert GIF of dresser  that fell on person Photoshop it include  server *

real answer monoprice has some decent ones newegg may have some check crags list or ebay they are your best bet . if you have any large stores or big enough to have the racks there  that went out of businesses near you you may get lucky if they are cleaning it out ask the workers if they are taking any large black heavy metal racks/thingys out and see if they want anything for  it . or find the manager and see if they are willing to sell it . store near me went under has a 42u one but its way to heavy for me to move it or even put in my house . i probably shouldn't have to add this but racks are not light the small ones can start to get  heavy and the large ones are stupid heavy 1.5ton for 42u.

here is a fairy cheap one

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Adjustable-Levelers-Management-4POSTRACK12U/dp/B00P1RJ9LS/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1469854456&sr=1-3&keywords=rack+enclosure+40in

For now I will be using a rack made to mount amps for nice sound systems until I go back to school.

Breaking things 1 day at a time

schools, community colleges, Universities, businesses doing upgrades etc. this will be the cheapest if they exist. others have cheap ones online that are refurbished, the issue is always shipping as they are massive and heavy. The ikea option is easy and super cheap depending on size of need. You could also buy the rails and install on a separate platform of your own. or just buy rack posts that bolt to the floor. This all depends on your needs and budget. Free and cheap only get you so far, and you always get what you pay for.