Windows 10 "Your Computer is low on memory" even though there is only one Chrome tab is open

Hey Guys, my PC is experiencing some really weird issues. A couple of days ago my PC gave me a message saying that it was running low on memory. This message by itself I know isn't too bad as I know when my RAM fills up, however I only had 1 chrome tab open and the machine has 6GB of RAM.

After this message, the screen starts glitching. It turns black and all I see is that taskbar, not the desktop. This only happens when the computer is running for longer periods of time. This is our main computer after all.

I have a suspicion that this is an overheating issue as in HWMonitor the GPU is at 75°C on startup and after like 5 minutes of internet browsing it goes up to 80°C. Could this be a video card issue? I am running a HD6450 from Sapphire.

Thanks for all your support!

Screenshot (182).png

I use around 4gb while on Chrome (including OS and background tasks). Try running Malwarebytes to clear out your computer.

Increase the size of the page file. I got this after reducing its size. Idk where it was though. Google it a bit or wait for somebody to come who can explain it. 

Edit:. I am on a phone so I can't check it. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

15 minutes ago, spidsepttk said:

I use around 4gb while on Chrome (including OS and background tasks). Try running Malwarebytes to clear out your computer.

jeez thats nuts

i use less than half that with one chrome tab and only geforce experience running in the back

Photography / Finance / Gaming

I know for 7, there is a glitch with windows update process that eats up the entire physical ram a system has. I think it was a optional patch or something.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Looking up at your settings of page file might be your solution. Page file is a file in which windows stores data from RAM that has not been used for an extended period of time so that your RAM doesn't overflow. If it's disabled or has very low size it could lead to symptoms your describing. To modify your page file settings go to System tab in your control panel and then click on advanced system settings on the right. Then navigate to Advanced tab and choose Settings in the Performance section. Go to Advanced and there you can see how big your page file size is. For it to make sense it should be a few gigs big at least. If it seems too low click on change and If the automatic control at the top is disabled, enable it and that should fix your issues. If it's enabled you could try disabling it and then manually set the size of page file. My page file size is around 2,5 gigs but I have 16 gigs of ram so you should probably make yours bigger.

I know as a fact that Windows reads the whole 6GB of RAM (I am aware that in some cases it doesn't read the whole amount). The system is a 64-bit so it must be able to see anything over 4GB of RAM and my configuration is dual channel DDR2 800MHz. On Idle, the computer uses about 20% of its memory and that is not bad. However this never happens all the time. I will try changing these page file settings and see where this takes me. It definitely recognises the 6GB.

And for those of you wondering, yes I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home...