670 or 750

Zoompz

Hello, I am looking for some opinons on whether I should get a GTX 750 or a GTX 670

thankyou for your input 

At what price? Paying for older generation cards - unless used and severely discounted - is almost never as good of a $/performance ratio as something in the 9xx or 1xx series that is new. Generational improvements are vast sometimes (although IIRC 6xx to 7xx wasnt huge).

EDIT: Just saw you're in Australia - not sure how the market is for GPU's there so I will defer my comment to someone else. FWIW, I love my GTX 670.

Desktop: ASUS ROG Maximus V Formula - 3570k @ 4.2 Ghz - Gigabyte GTX 670 WF3 - G.Skill 16 GB 1600Mhz - Antec 900W - 128GB Crucial M4 - 2TB Hitachi HDD - NZXT H440

Mobile: Nexus 6P (current)  - Razer Blade 256 GB Laptop

Get a new card like the RX 480. Buying old cards is useless because they do not support modern technologies. Buying a lower end new card can be much better than buying a higher end old card.

Maybe wait a few days for the RX 460 to be released and consider that for cheap.

... forum messed up and posted to wrong thread @TECHSUPPORTFIXTHIS

Desktop: ASUS ROG Maximus V Formula - 3570k @ 4.2 Ghz - Gigabyte GTX 670 WF3 - G.Skill 16 GB 1600Mhz - Antec 900W - 128GB Crucial M4 - 2TB Hitachi HDD - NZXT H440

Why would you get such old cards?
Maybe, if you can find a used 670 for 120$, but... even if it's way more powerful than a GTX 750, it's old, it sucks a lot of power, and drivers support may cease after some time compared to modern solution.

Wait for the upcoming AMD RX 470-460 or get a 480 for >200 bucks.

Just now, Ericde95 said:

I already have the GTX 670. It's a sunk cost. I am asking because I would rather mine some currencies on free electricity on one of my many PCI lanes than let it sit on the shelf, collect dust, and eventually be throw out in 5 years.

My comment was a reply to the op.

1 minute ago, spidsepttk said:

My comment was a reply to the op.

Idk what happened with the forum, it posted to the wrong thread lol Srry OP

Just now, Ericde95 said:

Idk what happened with the forum, it posted to the wrong thread lol

Actually, that has happened to me before here. Weird...

OP, please be aware of the power requirements of the GTX 670, its consumes a lot 

Photography / Finance / Gaming

14 minutes ago, mok said:

OP, please be aware of the power requirements of the GTX 670, its consumes a lot 

Yea I have a limited budget and limited space inside my case and I can get the 670 for $91 and my 550w PSU is running only 5 usb most aren't being used and a I3-6100

33 minutes ago, Ericde95 said:

At what price? Paying for older generation cards - unless used and severely discounted - is almost never as good of a $/performance ratio as something in the 9xx or 1xx series that is new. Generational improvements are vast sometimes (although IIRC 6xx to 7xx wasnt huge).

EDIT: Just saw you're in Australia - not sure how the market is for GPU's there so I will defer my comment to someone else. FWIW, I love my GTX 670.

I can get it for 91 AUD inc postage