DELL 7559 or LENOVO Y700, budget gaming laptop

I am an engineering student looking to buy a new gaming laptop around 900 dollars. 

Two particular laptop the lenovo Y700 and the Dell Inspiron 7559 are both very decent laptops for this price range. looking for advice and recommendation as this is my first gaming laptop.

Game tittles that I play are:

1. DOTA 2

2. NFS series

3. Overwatch

4. RPGs like witcher 3 

I also do a lot of graphic intensive work like video editing and game design using Unreal engine. 

Hope I can get lots of tips and advice , thanks.

overwatch will run great on the 7559, ive got the 9550 which is more or less the same hardware and it runs really well on that even at 4K, i havent tried the witcher on mine but gta runs ok with some settings turned down

23 minutes ago, Jay Saw said:

I am an engineering student looking to buy a new gaming laptop around 900 dollars. 

Two particular laptop the lenovo Y700 and the Dell Inspiron 7559 are both very decent laptops for this price range. looking for advice and recommendation as this is my first gaming laptop.

Game tittles that I play are:

1. DOTA 2

2. NFS series

3. Overwatch

4. RPGs like witcher 3 

I also do a lot of graphic intensive work like video editing and game design using Unreal engine. 

Hope I can get lots of tips and advice , thanks.

I would never recommend a Lenovo Laptop. I own one and let's just say I used it for a year before giving it as a "hand me down" to my brother.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

The Y700 is better build, has the better keyboard and has the better speakers. They cut a lot of corners in the making of the 7559 to get it to that price

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

@AluminiumTech um what is so funny? The Y700 is the better one and it is build better, the 7559 is cheaper build.

You cannot just say because you have owned one laptop from them that are bad that all of them are. All brands has atleast one model that is bad.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Personally, I don't have a whole lot of experience towards Lenovo, but just a heads up for just about any prebuilt you buy, I'd recommend just wiping the hard drive and reinstalling Windows to get rid of the bloatware.