UK, TKL, MX Blue, RGB non gamer looking keyboard?

swety111

Hi all

Has anyone come across any tenkeyless mechanical keyboards with the UK layout, Cherry MX Blue switches, RGB lighting and a understated non "gamery" look (I consider the Ducky One TKL and the Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro S good examples of non "gamery" looking keyboards and are the sort of things I'm looking for) I've come across various combinations of these features but never one that has them all. I know there is a shortage of RGB MX blue switches but despite that I've seen exactly the kind of keyboards I want with blue switches just with the US layout: for example http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9FT3ZU8009

can anyone help because I'm getting close to the point of sacrificing blue switches for browns which I really don't want to do being a big fan of blues

thanks

this should fit your description. The clicky is blues, soft clicky is browns. Das makes very good but slightly expensive keyboards. Because its a professional non gaming keyboard there are no lighting. sorry. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Das-Keyboard-4C-Professional-Clicky/dp/B00WUQSOEG/ref=pd_sim_sbs_201_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=41nKLb2w3wL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&psc=1&refRID=AB99F9DWVCRZH4BM5WM2

Doomsday: CPU : i5 6600k, GPU : MSI Gaming GTX 1070, RAM : 16GB G.Skill DDR4 2400, MB : MSI Gaming M5 Z170A, Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 Evo/ 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU : EVGA SuperNova GS 550, Case : Phanteks Eclipse P400, CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i, Monitor : Acer 1440p60 / Asus 1080p60 OS Windows 10 Pro Audio : Sennheiser HD 598SE / SMSL SD-793-II / Blue Snowball Steam : Vlad the Inhaler

thank you for the suggestion but the lack of a backlight at all let alone rgb backlighting and the greetech switches instead of genuine cherry switches are deal breakers for me

thanks anyway 

I personally recommend a Ducky One RGB TKL.

It has loads of features you won't find on other keyboards, like it being completely driverless.

Depending on your favorite retailer they should have most Cherry MX switch types.

There is a wonderful community that you might want to take a look at /r/MechanicalKeyboards.

If you happen to be a tinkerer you can also look into DIY kits from poker or geekhack.

Thanks, I did look at the Ducky One and it looks fantastic but unfortunately they don't do the one in Cherry MX blue switches with a UK layout.

Thank you so much for the /r/MechanicalKeyboards and DIY suggestions though, I will definitely have to check them out.

The closest that comes to mind would be the WASD CODE. It has solid white backlighting, which isn't RGB but still quite nice.

If RGB is super-necessary, Coolermaster makes a very descreet-looking RGB cherry-switch keyboard.

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

thanks for the suggestions guys but it has to be RGB as the keyboard is going to be long lasting and i change my set up colour often and the shine 5 isn't tenkeyless I don't think and I'm also not sure if it has blue switches or not

Pretty sure you can get a Ducky Shine 5 in TKL. I've got a Shine 3 TKL, so it would surprise me if they've stopped doing them for the new gens. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2016 at 11:46 PM, SeriouslyMikey said:

Pretty sure you can get a Ducky Shine 5 in TKL. I've got a Shine 3 TKL, so it would surprise me if they've stopped doing them for the new gens. 

i thought that as well but it seems they havent released a tkl version yet

On 7/29/2016 at 5:12 PM, Zakb2809 said:

What about the Coolermaster Quickfire Tk mx blue. It's sort of a hybrid between a tenkeyless and a full with the arrows and the numpad merged.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooler-Master-SGK-4020-GKCL1-UK-Mechanical-Backlight/dp/B00BTWZDNC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469808651&sr=8-1&keywords=coolermaster+quickfire+mx+blue

great keyboard but lacks rgb LEDs which is what im after

• 2 months later...

im just here to bump this again or did you find a keyboard? im looking for the same aswell