What would be the best?

toysoldier

Hello, just received an i5 plus RX480 and i7 plus GTX980Ti

The CPUs are 1151 so the build have to be a skylake

Since the GTX is going to be replaced with the future AMD (RX490)

There has to be a bigger investition in the motherboard, PSU, ram, case

everything have to be close to high end, since the builds are going to be

upgraded in the future. The ram have to be at least 16 GB (due to multiboxing)

I'm not sure about what frequency is needed for those skylake builds nor which

brand would be perfect/most stable with intensive use.

I really need some recommendations about choosing a PSU, ram, case, mb

that would match the best those cpu/gpu combos.

That 980ti is faster than an rx480, and you want 2 systems? what i5 and i7 are they

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

31 minutes ago, Julian5 said:

That 980ti is faster than an rx480, and you want 2 systems? what i5 and i7 are they

There are going to be two systems the one will be an i7 6700K (1151) with a GTX980Ti and the second one is going to be XFX RX480 Black Edition with an i5 6600K (1151 too), also they both must have at least 16 GB of DDR4 ram. About the rest like - case - motherboard - power supply - ram brand/frequency - I'm lost. So that's what I need help with.

2 minutes ago, toysoldier said:

There are going to be two systems the one will be the i7 6700K (1151) with the GTX980Ti and the second one is going to be the XFX RX480 Black Edition with an i5 6600K (1151 too), also they both will have 16 GB of DDR4 ram. About the rest like - case - motherboard - power supply - ram brand/frequency - I'm lost. So that's what I need help with.

You have a budget for each of these rigs?

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Just now, toysoldier said:

There are going to be two build the one will be the i7 6700K (1151) with the GTX980Ti and the second one is going to be the RX480 Black Edition with an i5 6600K (1151 too), also they both will have 16 GB of DDR4 ram. About the rest like - case - motherboard - power supply - ram brand/frequency - I'm lost. So that's what I need help with.

Well any case you like tbh, define s? s340?

motherboard - any z170 motherboard for overclocking

Ram -  maybe some hyper x 16gb ddr4 kit?

psu - http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=220-G2-0750-XR

Psu - 

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

@HKZeroFive - already got the cpus and the gpus, and yes I got the budget, the idea is that I don't want to bottleneck the build or fail by buying something that doesn't work properly with the rest of the hardware, but also want to avoid overspending money for something that isn't needed. Please don't go off topic..

@Julian5 TY so much, what about the storage? (honestly won't need more than 300gb, but it has to be fast I guess?)

4 minutes ago, toysoldier said:

@HKZeroFive - already got the cpus and the gpus, and yes I got the budget, the idea is that I don't want to bottleneck the build or fail by buying something that doesn't work properly with the rest of the hardware, but want to avoid overspending money for something that isn't needed. Please don't go off topic..

@Julian5 TY so much, what about the storage? (honestly won't need more than 300gb, but it has to be fast I guess?)

a 240gb SSD would be fine then

Elemental 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Laptops

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, toysoldier said:

@HKZeroFive - already got the cpus and the gpus, and yes I got the budget, the idea is that I don't want to bottleneck the build or fail by buying something that doesn't work properly with the rest of the hardware, but also want to avoid overspending money for something that isn't needed. Please don't go off topic..

I fail to see how I'm going off topic. Without a budget, I cannot properly determine which parts to get.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

5 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

I fail to see how I'm going off topic. Without a budget, I cannot properly determine which parts to get.

500-600EUR (per one system without the gpu/cpu/storage) would be perfect !

7 minutes ago, toysoldier said:

500-600EUR (per one system without the gpu/cpu/storage) would be perfect !

Without storage? So you don't need a SSD?

I've added in one anyway. If you don't need it, then I'd probably grab a better CPU cooler instead:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (€30.79 @ Aquatuning) 
Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€141.90 @ Mindfactory) 
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€92.89 @ Mindfactory) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€146.94 @ Mindfactory) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€77.49 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: XFX XTR 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€98.08 @ Mindfactory) 
Total: €588.09
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-07-25 13:04 CEST+0200

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, toysoldier said:

@HKZeroFive TY  ! what would be the better cooler?

There are high end air coolers such as the Noctua NH-D15, beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 and the Cryorig R1 Ultimate which have less points of failure than AIOs, tend to make less noise while rivalling 240mm AIOs. It will however, require a different case rather than the S340.

Beyond that, 280mm AIOs such as the NZXT Kraken X61 tend to be the best cooling solutions.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

There are high end air coolers such as the Noctua NH-D15, beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 and the Cryorig R1 Ultimate which have less points of failure than AIOs, tend to make less noise while rivalling 240mm AIOs. It will however, require a different case rather than the S340.

Beyond that, 280mm AIOs such as the NZXT Kraken X61 tend to be the best cooling solutions.

how about corsair hydro series ? 240-280mm ? would they match the case ?

Just now, toysoldier said:

how about corsair hydro series ? 240-280mm ? would they match the case ?

Yes, they would.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, toysoldier said:

Hello, just received an i5 plus RX480 and i7 plus GTX980Ti

The CPUs are 1151 so the build have to be a skylake

Since the GTX is going to be replaced with the future AMD (RX490)

There has to be a bigger investition in the motherboard, PSU, ram, case

everything have to be close to high end, since the builds are going to be

upgraded in the future. The ram have to be at least 16 GB (due to multiboxing)

I'm not sure about what frequency is needed for those skylake builds nor which

brand would be perfect/most stable with intensive use.

I really need some recommendations about choosing a PSU, ram, case, mb

that would match the best those cpu/gpu combos.

For the PSU check out the PSU Tier List or Whitelist in my signature if you need resources. An EVGA GQ/G2/GS/B2 fills in the blank for most people these days and a single RX480 system would be fine on a 550W easily.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||