67 members have voted

1. 1. Which form factor first?

• ATX Mid
    • ATX Full
    • m-ATX
    • Mini-ITX
    • Cube (LOL Linus)

3 hours ago, Build_Nerd said:

Can you give me a reference for what you mean by a little of different colors? Are you meaning offering a full single color case, and then offering options for accent colors? As if NZXT had a full black Noctis but offered the other versions that have the accent coloring?

Kind of like NZXT did with these cases (I'm not that big of a fan of the s340's though

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146190&cm_re=nzxt_s340-_-11-146-190-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6UM4485480&cm_re=nzxt_s340-_-9SIA6UM4485480-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6UM3RT2017&cm_re=nzxt_s340-_-9SIA6UM3RT2017-_-Product

Or like the h440

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146218&cm_re=nzxt_h440-_-11-146-218-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146217&cm_re=nzxt_h440-_-11-146-217-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146215&cm_re=nzxt_h440-_-11-146-215-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146223&cm_re=nzxt_h440-_-11-146-223-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146232&cm_re=nzxt_h440-_-11-146-232-_-Product

Or just add a few different things you can replace with color variants like corsair actually did with their H115i and others like it that you can buy from their site

55 minutes ago, Build_Nerd said:

Understood sir. Thanks for that input.

Can't wait to see what you do :)

1 hour ago, vladonizer said:

Can't wait to see what you do :)

Thanks. Should have a CAD within the next week or so. Meeting with my partner who's a CAD designer this friday to go over what he is going to be producing and then start working on it.

19 minutes ago, Build_Nerd said:

Bump

Also just a another personal opinion, full glass side panels like the 400c, 600c, and some others including phanteks and lian li look so clean and stunning

36 minutes ago, vladonizer said:

Also just a another personal opinion, full glass side panels like the 400c, 600c, and some others including phanteks and lian li look so clean and stunning

you talking about the tempered glass side panels?

19 minutes ago, Build_Nerd said:

you talking about the tempered glass side panels?

Yes

Yeah I love those, little pricey, but there are other options for the same thing that may be cheaper that I will be looking into.

If you have any complete cannot/will not deal with parts of cases you've seen please feel free to share those too. I plan to have a slightly wider stance for the case to enable some better cable management along the back side and some other parts of the design that I believe will be an awesome addition in design for cases, but we shall see what you guys think of the CAD. How do you feel about a wider stance case similar to the slightly wider stances of a lot of corsair cases?

I'm fine with that stance, also I love the latches and hinges on side panels vs the thumb screws

1 hour ago, vladonizer said:

I'm fine with that stance, also I love the latches and hinges on side panels vs the thumb screws

This is something I go back and forth with, it may be an opportunity for us to create or modify slightly, the current uses for side panels. I am heavily leaning towards tempered glass or something similar for the entire side panel, but the options for mounting those side panels are dismal especially with those panels being heavier than the average options.

Edit: On second thought, I believe I just thought of a new way to mount tempered glass to be quick releasing and 2 points instead of 4 (except there would be 2 "dumby points" for symmetry and sexiness haha

21 minutes ago, Build_Nerd said:

This is something I go back and forth with, it may be an opportunity for us to create or modify slightly, the current uses for side panels. I am heavily leaning towards tempered glass or something similar for the entire side panel, but the options for mounting those side panels are dismal especially with those panels being heavier than the average options.

Edit: On second thought, I believe I just thought of a new way to mount tempered glass to be quick releasing and 2 points instead of 4 (except there would be 2 "dumby points" for symmetry and sexiness haha

Can't wait!!

19 minutes ago, vladonizer said:

Can't wait!!

Now I can think that its brand new, but someone might already be working on it somewhere in Taiwan :P but....I'm gonna claim its brand new because its yet to be done. haha

Bump - give a vote to see the form factor you want from a new company

I'd like to see monochromatic wires for the front panel connectors. I hate seeing a beautiful build where the HD audio connector looks like skittle vomit.

6 hours ago, Dingus said:

I'd like to see monochromatic wires for the front panel connectors. I hate seeing a beautiful build where the HD audio connector looks like skittle vomit.

Awesome thanks for the input, appreciate everyone that has contributed to the company and the build of this PC.

5 hours ago, MadOrc said:

Be generous with your cable management room. Please.

That is definitely a major focus for me as all the past cases I've had have been lacking in that area. You can bet there will be some very generous room.

I'm a bit late to this thread but here's what I have to say:

I think it's really cool that you want to start a business creating cases. I want to make my own but have no idea how to lol.

I saw tempered glass: lot's of people like it but it more costly, i would wait til you get a design figured out and can estimate the cost of the case. If you want it to be more affordable, glass is recommended

I don't care if I had tempered glass, so idrc

Motherboard tray: great idea, see how much it costs as compared to the norm

Here's what I would want:

ATX mobo support (E-ATX wouldn't hurt though), a basement for the psu, something small like an s340 but can fit a 360rad in the front!, room next to the mobo for a reservoir, easy to install psu's are nice, 

Here's a major thing (i dont think it would hurt) a case that has more room for cables behind the mobo tray so that I don't have to struggle to fit the side panel on!

This is an extremely minor one, but on some mobo's, they have 90degree usb plugs, so access along the basement to pass cables right in front of the mobo would help

Hope this helps your ideas :)

8 hours ago, t24revl said:

Here's what I would want:

ATX mobo support (E-ATX wouldn't hurt though), a basement for the psu, something small like an s340 but can fit a 360rad in the front!

This is the corsair 400c, the problem with it is that it can be tricky to find a place for the res.

Make sure the panels are thick - flimsy panels suck (450D, for instance). I personally LOVE aluminum. The Enthoo Evolv does this really well as an example. Flimsy panels are a pain in the arse to put back on, but making them thick steel is expensive/heavy - thus, the aluminum.

CPU: i7 6700k (4.7 GHz) | GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW (OC) | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S | Cooling: Corsair H110i GTX | Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB WD Black | RAM: 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LED (White) 3000MHz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU: Corsair RM850i | WiFi Card: TPLink Archer T9E | Case Fans: Noctua iPPC-2000 PWM (3x 120mm in), 2x Noctua NF-A14 PWM 140mm (radiator, painted black), Fractal Venturi HP-14 (1x 140mm out)  | OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

8 hours ago, vladonizer said:

This is the corsair 400c, the problem with it is that it can be tricky to find a place for the res.

I was thinking of buying the 400C because it can fit a 360 but then I was like, 'where do i put the res?' lol

Just blend the 400C with the S340 

8 minutes ago, t24revl said:

I was thinking of buying the 400C because it can fit a 360 but then I was like, 'where do i put the res?' lol

Just blend the 400C with the S340 

I found a couple of different places, actually. If no HDD, then under the psu shroud. If no front rad, the between the gpu and fans(will use this if I get the case. also only going to get it if this case isn't going to be available within a couple of months) or I saw one mounted with the back fan on dino PC's site

Also

c4fecaa262b98f9bb0866d705f15b717_XL.jpg

My problems with this case is that is is just a little too small for you to keep shroud with the rads like above and it doesnt come with good cutouts to route the gpu cables thru the shroud :/