Does This Build Look Good?

Krakens are not 7.1 - I would probably replace this with anything from Sennheiser's 55X or 59X range (eg. 555's or 598's)

No headset is 7.1 unless it has at least 7 drivers, let alone the analogue jacks.

Naga is overkill for bf4 - I would suggest g9x, g500 or a simple deathadder.

Razer's only decent keyboards aren't silent at all, so I would go for what @CoolBeans said (shine3 + browns)

Not sure if you realised but you got an m5a97 for a 4770k...

The cpu wont fit lol, its made for AMD's bulldozer cpu range, not Intel's haswell platform.

Razer has a new kraken http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-audio/razer-kraken-71

it is usb powered

I'm still working on the compatability issues.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

For the price, they most definitely do suck.

If they lowered the blackwidow to a reasonable cost for a piece of clickity-clackity plastic keys, They would cop a lot less flack.

Their membrane trash is undoubtedly bad, but the bashing of the blackwidow is stupid.

And the fact that they don't use really switches

Who?

It's their only mechanical keyboard series. Try looking into other Cherry MX keyboards by other manufacturers.

970 isn't going to work either. AMD motherboards do not work with Intel I7 CPU's.

I changed the motherboard to an Asus M5A97 LE R2.0

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Get a Siberia V2

currently have the Razer Krakens and am going to get the Kraken 7.1 from a friend and I really like them. also I've tried headphones of that design and I don't like them. -_-

Razer has a new kraken http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-audio/razer-kraken-71

it is usb powered

I'm still working on the compatability issues.

It's still not a true 7.1 audio solution. It would need 7 drivers and 1 subwoofer in order to achieve that, and a headset only has 2 drivers. What they mean by 7.1 is 7.1 "virtual surround", which means it only uses 2 drivers, but it sounds similar to a 7.1 audio system.

Also, you don't need to get all Razer components. Get whichever ones will work best for your budget.

I changed the motherboard to an Asus M5A97 LE R2.0

Like I said, AMD motherboards, such as the M5A97, which uses the 970 chipset, do not work with Intel's CPU's.

currently have the Razer Krakens and am going to get the Kraken 7.1 from a friend and I really like them. also I've tried headphones of that design and I don't like them. -_-

If you already have Krakens then there is no point in upgrading to Krakens

All of them suck, Ducky Shine 3 with Browns

Razer has the 5 programmable keys on the side, I don't know what they are called.

Just remember at the end it's your cash and you need to decide on what best suites your needs. Many people may sway you on what they believe you should have but ultimately it's your decision. For example, you could plan a max budget of $1,700 but then find that, after everyone has voiced their recommendations, you end up spending, say, $2,000. Just thought I would tell you this as I believe it's needed.

NOTE TO EVERYONE ELSE

Please don't go hating on me or reporting me because you don't like what I said, please.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Razer has the 5 programmable keys on the side, I don't know what they are called.

Macros, they are kind of useless, I can write macros to my mouse and have never used the function

And the fact that they don't use really switches

That's just completely false now, isn't it?

I still have my blackwidow pro from 2011 laying around somewhere, it definitely has cherry switches.

All blackwidows currently listed on their online store happen to have cherry switches.

Is this something they got caught out on earlier and stopped doing?

That's just completely false now, isn't it?

I still have my blackwidow pro from 2011 laying around somewhere, it definitely has cherry switches.

All blackwidows currently listed on their online store happen to have cherry switches.

Is this something they got caught out on earlier and stopped doing?

Some people say the switches fell mushier than true switches

wait an asus m5a97 le with a 3770 (non k), four things wrong, physically the cpu wont fit in the socket, buying a locked i7, and buying a light edition board

I have a blackwidow ulti. 2013 and from the keyboards I have tried it is great for the price, if you are okay with the sound of cherry mx blues. A lot of ppl hate on razer before they own/try them because they listen to ppl who got a sub-par product and didn't RMA. saying that I think ducky have fantastic build quality and if you can afford I would recommend them also.

If you're going for 3D modelling, I think you should consider an i7.

Hmm....I agree with DaftBehemoth, an i7 would be considerably much better for your needs.

No. Plain 3d modeling is quite easy to run.

No need for anything like an i7. Even an i3 is plenty. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

For 3D Modeling, battlefield 4 on med to high graphics what do you guys think?

I also would like an SSD and to maybe lower the price but I really like what I have so far.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjXMOsswUpDXdERZZU1NcXc3R3g1REl5QmJiamhmSlE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

BTW everyone on these forums are AMAZING whenever I post you guys reply right away and give me the answers I'm looking for and I just want to thank everyone. :D

Check and see what kind of GPU acceleration your modeling software uses.  If you can take advantage of CUDA, then go for a 780.  If OpenCL is what you use, stay with AMD.  You would pay about the same and get the same performance, but a huge difference in 3D modeling performance.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU:  AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($189.98 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard:  ASRock 970 EXTREME4 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Memory:  Kingston Blu Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($48.96 @ NCIX US)
Storage:  Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($84.95 @ Adorama)
Storage:  Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Case:  Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
Case Fan:  Noctua NF-A14 FLX 68.0 CFM 140mm  Fan  ($22.99 @ NCIX US)
Case Fan:  Noctua NF-A14 FLX 68.0 CFM 140mm  Fan  ($22.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply:  Corsair CX 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply  ($35.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive:  Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer  ($14.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($94.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $735.77
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-07 23:25 EDT-0400)

I didn't include the 290X because its official price hasn't been released yet. I didn't include peripherals because they are more a personal preference.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Make sure the board is a Z77 board, the current one is an AMD board which isn't compatible. Or you could go for an i7 4xxx CPU with a Z87 motherboard

Compatible with Windows 95

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($189.98 @ Outlet PC)

Motherboard: ASRock 970 EXTREME4 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)

Memory: Kingston Blu Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($48.96 @ NCIX US)

Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($84.95 @ Adorama)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)

Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ NCIX US)

Case Fan: Noctua NF-A14 FLX 68.0 CFM 140mm Fan ($22.99 @ NCIX US)

Case Fan: Noctua NF-A14 FLX 68.0 CFM 140mm Fan ($22.99 @ NCIX US)

Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($35.99 @ Newegg)

Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($14.98 @ Outlet PC)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($94.98 @ Outlet PC)

Total: $735.77

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-07 23:25 EDT-0400)

I didn't include the 290X because its official price hasn't been released yet. I didn't include peripherals because they are more a personal preference.

U mad?recommending him a CPU which would have been good 2 years ago. For such a high end card, such a mediocre processor

U mad?recommending him a CPU which would have been good 2 years ago. For such a high end card, such a mediocre processor

Really? The 8350 is just as good if not better in some games than the 4670k and for the price it is so much more worth it. It is not a mediocre CPU either, stop being an Intel fanboy.

Here are some benchmarks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu8Sekdb-IE

http://gamegpu.ru/images/remote/http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Action-Battlefield_4_Beta-test-bf_4_proz_2.jpg

http://pclab.pl/zdjecia/artykuly/chaostheory/2013/10/bf4_beta/charts/bf4_cpu_geforce.png

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Really? The 8350 is just as good if not better in some games than the 4670k and for the price it is so much more worth it. It is not a mediocre CPU either, stop being an Intel fanboy.

Here are some benchmarks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu8Sekdb-IE

http://gamegpu.ru/images/remote/http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Action-Battlefield_4_Beta-test-bf_4_proz_2.jpg

http://pclab.pl/zdjecia/artykuly/chaostheory/2013/10/bf4_beta/charts/bf4_cpu_geforce.png

Dude, not being an Intel fanboy, it's just that he was looking to spend out on an i7, not an i5 performing component.

Please, for the love of GabeN, don't buy that abomination of a headset. If you want decent sound quality, go with an audiophile set of headphones and a seperate mic such as an antlion mod mic or blue snowball. An audiophile set of headphones will set you back $100-$200 or more (ATH-M50 or ATH-AD700 come to mind) but will offer a much improved experience over any "gaming headset" out there.