First Gaming PC- Form Factor, Wattage, and Cost Cutting

So now that I'm moving off to college and getting a job, it seems like it's finally time to get myself a real desktop with the advent of the RX 480 and GTX 1060. However, as this is my first build, I'm trying to sort out how to get an acceptable price point (less than or equal to $700, give or take reasonable expenses, without a monitor) but also not to undermine the money I'm dropping on a card. Any thoughts about PSU wattage, whether micro ATX is worth the lower price and easier portability, and anywhere I could cut corners but not overly hamper my machine would be much appreciated.
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Zephyrmoth/saved/LNY6Mp

a 450w psu should be enough for a gtx 1060. but get a better psu and cpu, they aren't that good.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

go to www.kinguin.net and get a windows licence from there for ~$25, that will save you a bunch of money that you could put into an ssd to speed up your overall experience, other than that it looks good

made a few edits, get OS from reddit for $20-30.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($199.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X150M-PLUS WS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($52.46 @ Amazon) $32 after rebates, and you can upgrade to a xeon in the future if you want.
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($30.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GT OC Video Card  ($249.00) 
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($42.99 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($56.94 @ Amazon) much better psu than the 600b.
Total: $681.25
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-07-24 01:22 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Don't buy your Windows license from an unauthorized reseller like Mastafu was suggesting. Those just revoke on you. You don't even have to look further than these forums for horror stories  G2A support = 0, PayPal support = 1 - Operating Systems and Software - Linus Tech Tips

Cutting corners on form factor just means cutting your fingers on building it yourself. If it's your first build I wouldn't recommend it, but all the power to you if you're that brave and masochistic.

3 minutes ago, MaxBunny said:

Don't buy your Windows license from an unauthorized reseller like Mastafu was suggesting. Those just revoke on you. You don't even have to look further than these forums for horror stories  G2A support = 0, PayPal support = 1 - Operating Systems and Software - Linus Tech Tips

Cutting corners on form factor just means cutting your fingers on building it yourself. If it's your first build I wouldn't recommend it, but all the power to you if you're that brave and masochistic.

Yeah, I honestly don't have that strong of a desire to save $50 now for potential hassle down the road. I understand the value proposition but honestly it's not an area I'd be that keen on spending time on.
I suppose ATX would be better? I'm not entirely familiar with the size tolerances of the form factors, as you can guess.

22 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X150M-PLUS WS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($52.46 @ Amazon) $32 after rebates, and you can upgrade to a xeon in the future if you want.

The rebate is only valid at newegg so it's still 52 bucks.  Interesting board.  Shame it has no sata express/m.2 support or a x4 or higher slot to put something in.

I just noticed there is a rebate on the amazon page that is not listed at pcpartpicker.

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

2 minutes ago, Cracklingice said:

The rebate is only valid at newegg so it's still 52 bucks.  Interesting board.  Shame it has no sata express/m.2 support or a x4 or higher slot to put something in.

https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Micro-Motherboard-GA-X150M-PLUS-WS/dp/B01AG8WI5U?ie=UTF8&pldnSite=1&redirect=true&tag=pcpapi-20 $20 rebates started at 1 july and ends at 31 july.

17 hours ago, MaxBunny said:

I've bought three windows licences from kinguin.net and none of them (after up to 1.5 years) have failed on me. kinguin.net is even recommended by Paul from Paul'sHardware.

18 minutes ago, Mastafu said:

I've bought three windows licences from kinguin.net and none of them (after up to 1.5 years) have failed on me. kinguin.net is even recommended by Paul from Paul'sHardware.

That just means that Paul is a sellout with no principles other than money, not that the site is legitimate.

I'm sad that you think that just because someone recommends something that you don't like that, in your mind, makes them a sellout. Like I said I personally have had good experience with kinguin.net so I threw that suggestion out there for people to take or leave.