Need a Router

Butch00

So, I  need to buy a new router, it needs to have good enough signal strength to support Nvidia Game Stream. It would be helpful if it stood vertically but not necessary 

I use a TP-Link C7 AC. Has two ports for USB drives for a Steam library. Very good WiFi signal and an easy to use UI.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Netgear makes some good stuff. Anyone of the Dual band routers they sell are pretty good.

[CPU: 4.3 GHZ I5-4670K] [MB: Gigabyte Z87-D3H] [RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1833 MHZ (8GB)]

[GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1070] [PSU: Corsair CX-750] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 2TB 7200RPM HDD / 500GB Samsung 850 EVO ] [Case: ThermalTake Chaser-MK 1]

[Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX] [Mouse: Razer DeathAdder] [Monitor: 2 x ASUS 24 INCH IPS (1440p Soon)]

Tp Link to me is like Vizio. They build good products for not a lot of money. I have heard some of their products have been less than stellar. However my sister has the Tp Link Archer C7. She has not bitched about it once. She watches a lot of content on her Fire Stick. As well as the kids have their own fire sicks. On top of the kids tablets and my sisters phone and laptop. TP Link however is kinda an up and coming brand. As they have been doing some pretty cool stuff. I think they were the frist to show case a 802.11 AD router at CES. And one of the first to bring out the actually router. 

Netgear on the other hand has been in the game a long time. Hell back in the day it was D Link, Linksys and Netgear as the top brands. Netgear routers willl be more expensive. But might have features you want. 

The biggys to look for in the router are this:

A) Its dual band 

B) Wireless AC (comes in a variety of speeds)

The key is dual band. 5 Ghz in my opinion is more reliable. It has less stuff that will interfere with it. However it does have a lower range and less penetration power. Its able to achieve the fastest speeds. Dont worry, My dual band N router has to go through a few walls, Although I loose signal strength and speed on 5Ghz. The speed is still greater. Keep in mind to, range is affected by the environment. Its not necessarily the amount of walls the signal has to travel through, its more of what they are made of. Hopefully your not in a concrete box, or else things wont work well. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I personally game on 5ghz and its just like gaming on Ethernet. As for the range of how far 5Ghz goes, Yes from my personal experience it travels less farther than 2.4 ghz does, As I have a big house and at the edge of my house 5ghz is almost unusable but 2.4 ghz works just fine. I have found 5 ghz is a bit more reliable in disconnects compared to 2.4 ghz and can handle large amounts of bandwidth.

[CPU: 4.3 GHZ I5-4670K] [MB: Gigabyte Z87-D3H] [RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1833 MHZ (8GB)]

[GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1070] [PSU: Corsair CX-750] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 2TB 7200RPM HDD / 500GB Samsung 850 EVO ] [Case: ThermalTake Chaser-MK 1]

[Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX] [Mouse: Razer DeathAdder] [Monitor: 2 x ASUS 24 INCH IPS (1440p Soon)]