Dog ran over RAM

My dog ran over my RAM. He is a small dog and it is still in its packaging.

I figured it would be fine, but wanted to make sure.

no the world will explode

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Just now, TheRandomness said:

Should be fine if no physical damage. Why are your components scattered around the floor?

I had just got two components and was looking at them. I had set the RAM down to look at the manual of the other component.

Just now, nick5530 said:

I had just got two components and was looking at them. I had set the RAM down to look at the manual of the other component.

Well, you could've put them on a table, no? :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, TheRandomness said:

Well, you could've put them on a table, no? :P

Yeah. Probably would have been smart just didn't think of it.  

my sister tore apart the heatsink of my ram

and now i have 1x8gb and 2x8gb instead of 2x8gb and 2x8gb

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

my sister tore apart the heatsink of my ram

and now i have 1x8gb and 2x8gb instead of 2x8gb and 2x8gb

How old is she exactly?

Just now, TexasTech said:

How old is she exactly?

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Shit. Insurance is void too. Act of dog.

8 minutes ago, nick5530 said:

My dog ran over my RAM. He is a small dog and it is still in its packaging.

He may be small, but you should still take him out of his packaging.

Oh that's better, i was thinking she was an adult and I got very scared for the health of your pc

Oh that's better, i was thinking she was an adult and I got very scared for the health of your pc

oh please

60c idle

105c load

gpu: 50c idle ~65c load (pretty good for a 380, right?)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

oh please

60c idle

105c load

gpu: 50c idle ~65c load (pretty good for a 380, right?)

Good idle load temp for a 380 but a slightly worrying temp from the i7, but hey as long as the solder doesn't melt and its within the temp threshold of the i7 then, i'd say fine. And it would a appear you are typing this so i'd say, probably fine unless your ambient room temps were high

Good idle load temp for a 380 but a slightly worrying temp from the i7, but hey as long as the solder doesn't melt and its within the temp threshold of the i7 then, i'd say fine. And it would a appear you are typing this so i'd say, probably fine unless your ambient room temps were high

very worrying.

its not soldered. its a ivy bridge cpu meaning its the first generation of cpus that aren't soldered by intel.

this is also at 3.5ghz.. i really need to delid.

ambient is like 26c rn.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

very worrying.

its not soldered. its a ivy bridge cpu meaning its the first generation of cpus that aren't soldered by intel.

this is also at 3.5ghz.. i really need to delid.

I'm assuming you have checked your thermal paste, and assured your CPU cooler is running efficiently. Past that i'd say deliding is another option besides some serious water cooling, but by this point the best plan of attack may be sending it back to intel since it appears to be defficient

I'm assuming you have checked your thermal paste, and assured your CPU cooler is running efficiently. Past that i'd say deliding is another option besides some serious water cooling, but by this point the best plan of attack may be sending it back to intel since it appears to be defficient

i did everything

my 212x isn't even getting remotely hot, i touched the heatpipes and the base of the cooler and its just warm to touch.

water cooling wouldn't help as the heat isn't getting transfered to the top of the cpu efficiently

im out of warrenty. :( 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

i did everything

my 212x isn't even getting remotely hot, i touched the heatpipes and the base of the cooler and its just warm to touch.

water cooling wouldn't help as the heat isn't getting transfered to the top of the cpu efficiently

im out of warrenty. :( 

Ah. Yeah it seems de-liding may be the only option since you are out of warranty.Sometimes re-applying the lid can help thermals.

Ah. Yeah it seems de-liding may be the only option since you are out of warranty.Sometimes re-applying the lid can help thermals.

yeah, thats a bit tough if you're bad at handling electronics delicatly and safely (trust me, im shit), dont have a razer/vice/hammer, parents think amazon is a scam site and local pc shop doesn't carry delidding stuff (canada computers, 5km away)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

So he RAMmed your RAM? Should be fine if it is not broken (physically).