Triple Booting a 2014 MBPr, Need Help

Go to solution Solved by patrickjp93,
7 hours ago, AlexTheRose said:

I could RE it in IDA Pro, but ehhhhhhhhh that’s a lot of work for some little app. Not to mention I cannot read x86 assembly.

Owait, there is apparently source code in that SourceForge repo. Maybe you could get that compiling and modify it to suit your needs?

Sorry, should have updated this. I did get it working. I just didn't use rEFInd. I bootcamped Windows and then installed Fedora on its own partition. In order to get to MacOS, I have to hold down Option when booting, but that's no skin off my nose.

I was recommended this tutorial by a friend, but the tool recommended to help do this, called rEFInd, cannot detect my root device or an EFI partition, so I'm stuck. I'm currently running El Capitan and have the 1TB model. According to some vague discussion on SourceForge, my 1TB model has 2 drives, and there is a bug in the tool that doesn't detect correctly unless you change the install script a bit.

Normally this wouldn't be a problem for me, but there is no longer a script version available. It only comes in executable form. https://sourceforge.net/projects/refind/files/0.10.3/

If anyone here has experience doing a multi boot macbook or knows a site with more up to date tutorials, please help. Thank you :)

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

7 hours ago, AlexTheRose said:

I could RE it in IDA Pro, but ehhhhhhhhh that’s a lot of work for some little app. Not to mention I cannot read x86 assembly.

Owait, there is apparently source code in that SourceForge repo. Maybe you could get that compiling and modify it to suit your needs?

Sorry, should have updated this. I did get it working. I just didn't use rEFInd. I bootcamped Windows and then installed Fedora on its own partition. In order to get to MacOS, I have to hold down Option when booting, but that's no skin off my nose.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd