New pc won't turn on?

VerbalEmissions

I cant figure out why my new build will not turn on. I have taken apart and checked and rechecked everything.

- ram is installed right

cpu is installed right

videocard is installed right

power supply is installed right

mobo is installed right

everything is tight

all connecters are installed right

Motherboard is getting power because it has a green led light that comes on and stays on but when I press power the cpu fan starts to spin for about 3-5 seconds then just stops. then I press power and nothing...then I turn psu off and back on then press power and fan spins for 3-5 seconds and stops then I press power and nothing...wash rinse repeat. makes absolutely no sense to me?

1 minute ago, VerbalEmissions said:

I cant figure out why my new build will not turn on. I have taken apart and checked and rechecked everything.

- ram is installed right

cpu is installed right

mobo is installed right

everything is tight

Motherboard is getting power because it has a green led light that comes on and stays on but when I press power the cpu fan starts to spin for about 3-5 seconds then just stops. then I press power and nothing...then I turn psu off and back on then press power and fan spins for 3-5 seconds and stops then I press power and nothing...wash rinse repeat. makes absolutely no sense to me?

cpu 8 pin

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

Just now, DeezNoNos said:

cpu 8 pi

4pin and I have plugged it and pulled it and replugged it like 4x

I think it may be problem for CPU. It may died or the power is not correctly installed. Just a guess

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

specs would be helpful, just in case.

I don't think sec matter that much in this case. same as every pc...ram, videocard, cpu etc...

Just now, VerbalEmissions said:

4pin and I have plugged it and pulled it and replugged it like 4x

check if ram is plugged in right

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

A few decent pics of the motherboard showing all cables etc would be very helpful as it's easier to understand how you have set everything up then.

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

Can we get the specs bro.. Your power supply could not even have enough watts

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

6 minutes ago, VerbalEmissions said:

- ram is installed right

cpu is installed right

mobo is installed right

everything is tight

Hi! I wrote a guide for this. Check it out in my signature.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, DeezNoNos said:

check if ram is plugged in right

ram is 100 percent pluged in right and fully seated in the slots. cpu is bran new

ram is 100 percent pluged in right and fully seated in the slots. cpu is bran new

need pic then

Build

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, zehao39 said:

I think it may be problem for CPU. It may died or the power is not correctly installed. Just a guess

well the cpu is new right out the box and no pins bent, and power is cearly running because the led is on and stays on

well the cpu is new right out the box and no pins bent, and power is cearly running because the led is on and stays on

the cpu could be DOA

Build

Spoiler

the cpu could be DOA

how would I know that

how would I know that

start the pc troubleshooting here and narrow it down:

Build

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

okay ill give it a shot and see where I end up...

16 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

okay first off your all that and a bag of chips....apparently it is a periferial device or something because with all unplugged the fans goes hard....how do I figure out which device is the problem

okay first off your all that and a bag of chips....apparently it is a periferial device or something because with all unplugged the fans goes hard....how do I figure out which device is the problem

first try to plug in the monitor. and see if it posts

Build

Spoiler

you mean with no per. devices?

5 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

if by posts you mean turn on....it does

7 minutes ago, VerbalEmissions said:

if by posts you mean turn on....it does

u get feed back on ur monitor. 

Build

Spoiler

u get feed back on ur monitor. 

ya I am in bios right now. I disconnected all hardrives and it boots up...I have 4 harddrives..2tb, 1.5tb, 1tb and 120gb ssd for os is that just to much? .... now specs matter so ill hook ya up.

mobo - m5a97 le r2.0

cpu- amd fx 8370 with wraith cooler

vcard - evga gtx 970

ram - 4x4gb hyperx ddr3 1866mhz

psu - corsair hx650

4x harddrives as listed above

3 harddrives formatted to ntfs

1 ( the 2tb) formatted to fat 32

what do u suggest next.

ya I am in bios right now. I disconnected all hardrives and it boots up...I have 4 harddrives..2tb, 1.5tb, 1tb and 120gb ssd for os is that just to much? .... now specs matter so ill hook ya up.

mobo - m5a97 le r2.0

cpu- amd fx 8370 with wraith cooler

vcard - evga gtx 970

ram - 4x4gb hyperx ddr3 1866mhz

psu - corsair hx650

4x harddrives as listed above

3 harddrives formatted to ntfs

1 ( the 2tb) formatted to fat 32

what do u suggest next.

connect the drivers and then check. if it boots ur hardware is fine. check ur drives 1 by and and if it fails u have found the drive. 

Build

Spoiler