AMD Polaris Giveaway

I have a GTX650 and would like to play recent games with more than 30 fps or incredible input lag in overwatch.

currently have msi 780 lightning works well but watching all the videos out on the rx 480 really makes me want to get one and see how much of a difference there is. 

I'm currently building a PC for my wife as I'm trying to get her into gaming. The whole project has come to a standstill due to the current status of the graphics card market....

So this would really REALLY help push this project onwards as it's the last vital thing I need!

CPU: AMD 7800X3D  | GPU: Asus Dual RTX 2080 Advanced | RAM: 32GB 6000MHz CL30 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F

PSU: Corsair RX750 | OS: Windows 11 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Brown Switches) 

Ooh. Nice. I have a GTX 980 currently. So this will be an upgrade(?)

I am stuck running integrated graphics on my pc with plenty of room to add a graphixd card. I have to use my brothers computer, running anow amd 280x, to play demanding games, which is most games these days.  Since he uses it most of the time I get stuck using his pc very rarely. If I got this graphics card I'd invest in a good cpu as well. And add both components to my computer to truly join the pc master race.

Hi, Linus

I have a R9 390 currently in my rig, so I want this to give this graphics card to my father's pc to give him a boost.

-CrispyCookieHD

I have a GTX 770 in my rig. It performs alright although I'm finding in new games such as XCOM 2 and Stellaris it's not performing as well as I wish

If I have solved your issue, please mark the thread as solved! Thanks!

I have a gtx 970 in my rig and I want to try sli/crossfire. But my cx 600 is not enough for gtx 970 sli, but it would be suficient for rx 480 crossfire. 

I want a Polaris GPU because I have a 5820K and a GTX 950...

Please! My 5820K is begging you!!

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

11 minutes ago, Trololol112 said:

I have a gtx 970 in my rig and I want to try sli/crossfire. But my cx 600 is not enough for gtx 970 sli, but it would be suficient for rx 480 crossfire. 

FYI, the RX 480 has pretty much the same power requirements as a GTX 970...

And, try not to push a CX unit too much... They are not meant to operate at peak load all the time...

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

34 minutes ago, HyperTech said:

Ooh. Nice. I have a GTX 980 currently. So this will be an upgrade(?)

GTX 980>RX 480(in DirectX 11 at least) 

Hi! I'm currently running on a GTX 750 ti, which is basically the best I can do considering I live in a 3rd-world country. I'd love to get one because I love gaming and have worked very hard to build my PC, but it's getting old now :(

Okay, so I'm running a R9 290 at the moment, but I do have some problems with it, regarding multi monitor, because it draws too much Power with 2 or 3 monitors. So that one would have to go in to another rig and the Polaris one could power the multi monitor workhorse, work/game-station.

Hi Nick & Linus, 

My boyfriend is putting a budget PC together for me, but may have to cheap out with the graphics with an R7 240, I'm currently borrowing his sister's ollld Pentium laptop for work and games, an RX would be a fantastic addition to the new PC!

Best regards to the winners!

\,,/(^>^)\,,/

Currently using a 6950 that I got about 5 years ago. She's been great to me but is now starting to show her age :(. Overewatch at medium and low settings will sometimes have big fps drops from having firefox open (specifically playoverwatch.com funnily enough). AMD has always been my go to for graphics and so even if I don't win this I'm going to get an RX 480 at some point.

Just wanted to say I love your videos! I have learned a lot from watching them! 

I currently have a single Overclock r7 260x :l its OK, but I really want to win :} 

let meh when naou :}

I currently have a GTX 760 (Which is fine) but I'd love to be able to build a second system to have at my dad's house. ATX case is a pain to haul around :D

running a gtx 770 at the minute, lovely lovely kepler, which can pass the steam VR benchmark, albeit if I run VR games at low settings, which no one wants to have to do. So an RX 480 would be an awesome upgrade, meaning I might be able to "borrow" one of my lecturers htc vives for "coursework" purposes.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I'm rocking an amd hd 6870. I have just upgraded my pc to an i7 6700k and are waiting for the prices of the new graphics cards to drop/ become available in the UK as they are all out of stock at the moment and are at a ridiculous price. I have been waiting since the launch of the 1070 to get one!! So am using my old graphics card in the meantime.  

Hello peoples,

I use a R9 270 Gaming Edition 2G for more than a year now and I love it but it starts to have difficulties and get some graphics troubles in many games like GTA V, Project car, Assasin's Creed, etc...

So, I would like to win the new AMD Polaris GPU because I'm always running with AMD GPU's (I love the simple design that they always make) and because mine is a little bit underperforming for newest game, VR, video-encoding, etc...

Best regards,

Hi everybody,

I am running an Intel 82915G integrated graphics. It works but after upgrading from XP well it's ancient so Windows 7 looks like crap.

The reason I want to upgrade to the new AMD lineup is so I can actually play games on my computer once again and when I finally replace my dinosaur of a computer I can transfer the new AMD video card to my new rig.

Currently I have an AMD APU, but it's not enough for current gen titles. I was thinking of an upgrade. So a Polaris 10 would be perfect for me. Thanks!

Well this comment will probably sink between the rest of them:

I have a GTX 570 that really needs a replacing. It has a high power consumption, it has a hard time playing on medium settings and is getting warm really quick. I want to build my own PC in a few months but the biggest cost is the GPU, and as a student, the lower you can go, the better. (But at the cost of superduperawesomespeedyness).

I made an account just to sign me up for this, but hey, you never know what to expect!