AMD Polaris Giveaway

I have a Radeon R9 270x, I'd like to get apolaris card because it's the next logical upgrade for me!

I curently have intel hd graphics 530 because my 2x gtx 470 SLI (I got them as a gift bacause they were problematic) burned themselves before winter. It was a nightmare anyway bacause they had overheating issues and in summer I even couldn't run them because they were to hot and were shutting down whole PC even in idle. Since then I am waiting for new gen graphics. I was eyeing RX480 but after release price in our country (Czech Republic) starts at 320USD which is significally more than I expected. And we don't even have non-reference cards yet which should cost a little bit more. Moreover gtx1060 was released earlier than expected and non-reference cards are cheaper. They starts at 290USD thanks to our dealers. Yes we can argue about performance in dx11 vs dx12(vulkan) but after calculationg our prices to performance per dollar gtx1060 wins. And I don't see a reason why anyone, including me as poor student in relatively poorer country (in comparison to USA, Canada, etc), right now should buy an AMD card in our country. For AMD's sake I hope it gets better.

I could use polaris card to compute some tasks to school (quantum mechanics etc.) and of course some gaming too.

P.S.: I have black/red themed PC so it will fit nicely!

Using 7670m for 4 years. I think it's time.

nvidia quadro fx 1800 which is in 2016 not the best performer out there

especially

because it is an professional grafix card from 2009. (=isnt ment for gaming at all:P)

I need an RX 480 so baaad. I currently have a 2gb 960, and an i5-4460. I know that my cpu doesn't support Vulkan, which is why I'd love to win the GPU so I can spend money on a new skylake processor. God I hope I win!

I'm also sporting a toasty 980ti, but I totally want a 480... because... yay DX12 async multi GPU support?! *cough*

Currently running an amd R9 285 and was looking to upgrade so giving this a shot.

I am more a coder than a gamer, with a 3-monitor setup on an aging 3570K, and am looking at upgrading to 4K displays. I need something to drive those, preferably dedicated, because right now the integrated graphics causes a 30% performance hit. And as this is a Linux box, and I do kernel things, AMD's approach to Linux support is appealing.

There is also a handful of haswell boxes under my table, but nothing really as nice as the fully pimped 3570K box. 

MSI Gtx 980 

I want to upgrade, soon, though. Maybe this will allow me to without spending money!

Well unlike others im rocking a hd6450 with Pentium g4400 

wich gives me 60-70 fps on cs:go 720p low 

so a new Polaris architecture gpu will sure boost my performance :)

Woop wooop , gimme amd plaz  !! Right now I have an nvidia gtx 580 and I'm upgrading the setup and made a decision : Switch to AMD  fo laif

I have a NVidia GTX 570 that I purchased second hand when I bought my new Skylake system. I wanted a cheap thing to get going while Polaris arrived.

I like both NVidia, and AMD for their good work, but since I have to purchase a new monitor, and I like standard and open implementations of technology, I have grown quite fond of AMD. I hate it that NVidia is stubbornly sticking with G-Sync. I get that it has it's advantages, but they are willingly screwing their customers by not adopting freesync also.

Besides, competition is good, and I think AMD need our support.

I really need a graphics card to match the rest of my system, and Polaris is what I need.

1st post  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

gtx 750 ti because i'm cheap :)

I recently built a new skylake pc but i still need a graphics card, If I don´t win some giveawey I´ll have to buy a aftermarket RX 480

Thanks for these giveaweys.

First comment on the forum...yay...well, I was lurking around for years but never sign up...first time ever done it actually...anyway:

Im currently unnenplyoed and so dont have money to upgrade my VG. Using a 9800GT 512MB since 2009....it does run everything Im currently playing (on low to mid at best anyway...) so if a miracle happens, it will be a major upgrade! This beautifull card Im using has seen so many termal paste changes and clean ups its freaking asking for retirement already! And maybe I wont be bottlenecking my i3 4170 as much as  I currently am....

I currently use a GTX 970. 

I would love to move back to AMD. The very first video card I bought back in the early 2000s was a Radeon 9700 Pro. Man it was an awesome card. As a result, I've always had a love of ATi (AMD now - of course). I chose nvidia this go round as the price was right. I'm hoping with this contest I can get back on team Red! 

Currently running a GTX460 in sore need of an upgrade!

I currently use a gtx 970 just built my new pc but hey who wouldnt want a new gpu 

I'd like to win this so I can (a) Have a shiney new graphics card and (b) give my current card to my brother the PC he's going to build. I also would rather get an AMD card than Nvidea because AMD is contributing more to open source software and will hopefully have better Linux support in the near future.

I have a pentium 4 e5200 igpu, and i want a polaris card so I can game at 1080p 60fps high-max settings. It'll certainly be a big jump. 

edit:

tbh it won't be that big of an upgrade.

link for my gpu vs rx 480.

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Q45Q43-Express-Chipset-vs-AMD-RX-480/m8195vs3634

Edited by Properposhguy

Hey

I currently have the msi GTX660 (upgraded from an exploding Palit GTX460). I've managed to somehow build a budget PC I can use for CAD at days I don't go into uni, my gtx660 has 768 cuda cores and while I find 60's to be the most reliable cards I've ever had, the gtx1060 only has 1280meh while the gtx 1080 has 2560expensive. This AMD RX 480 has 2304cool at 1/3 of the pricewhat?. Lets just take a minute to think about the differences.

The gtx1080 - £600 and the RX 480 - £200. It is even cheaper than the gtx1060. I wont lie, I am now a huge fan of AMD. Cores alone probably mean nothing these days... Okay fine they mean nothing but the huge difference in the amount of them is astonishing. makes you wonder how small we can build things now. Also the card has 5.7 Billion transistors in a unit not much bigger than my hand, and the first transistor ever created was the size of your average acorn.

out.

I need one because my 980 got RMA and now I can't play games 

I have a laptop with 940m. I want to build a PC with the new Polaris. Thank you for hosting a giveaway. 

I'm running my system on a old Sapphire 7970. I can run most games fine (1440p) but can't max out some settings until I can upgrade