Adobe Premiere Graphic Card

OK I do not know much about Premiere. My question to everyone is that what graphic card is best for it. My father want to know what better for 4k performance cause he said he having trouble or just some slow issue with the GTX 970. So he wondering does Duel GTX 970 (either SLI or not) would be much better or get a GTX 1080. I read online saying that Adobe is able to SLI and some say the 900 series does not support. He has 2 machine both have the intel i7-4790k but one is running with the GTX 770 and the other one with a gtx 970. The Gtx 770 is running no problem, while the gtx 970 is. Can I do with the radeon series like the R9 390 8GB, Would it make any different in the Memory Size, Clock Speed, Memory Interface, and Memory Type?

Do not give me a Quardo, since it to well expensive while the cheap one does not even match with the newer series of graphic card.

I also know that more core mean faster rendering, but that what I am after today.

5 minutes ago, Kagami Tsukino said:

OK I do not know much about Premiere. My question to everyone is that what graphic card is best for it. My father want to know what better for 4k performance cause he said he having trouble or just some slow issue with the GTX 970. So he wondering does Duel GTX 970 (either SLI or not) would be much better or get a GTX 1080. I read online saying that Adobe is able to SLI and some say the 900 series does not support. He has 2 machine both have the intel i7-4790k but one is running with the GTX 770 and the other one with a gtx 970. The Gtx 770 is running no problem, while the gtx 970 is. Can I do with the radeon series like the R9 390 8GB, Would it make any different in the Memory Size, Clock Speed, Memory Interface, and Memory Type?

Do not give me a Quardo, since it to well expensive while the cheap one does not even match with the newer series of graphic card.

I also know that more core mean faster rendering, but that what I am after today.

I would look into the 980 Ti. Most of the cards are usable with Premiere, just be sure to tick "hardware acceleration". 

I don't believe that Premiere uses SLI, but I'm not an expert on the program.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

look i don't know a lot of adobe premiere and stuff, but if you are saying that a gtx 770 is doing fine, and a gtx 970 is not....

you are probably having issues with drivers or configs/settings in the 970 machine...

it's just common sense, you know... gtx 770 better than a gtx 970, yeah right...

check the 970 computer bro!!!

3 minutes ago, roblesaturcamilo said:

look i don't know a lot of adobe premiere and stuff, but if you are saying that a gtx 770 is doing fine, and a gtx 970 is not....

you are probably having issues with drivers or configs/settings in the 970 machine...

it's just common sense, you know... gtx 770 better than a gtx 970, yeah right...

check the 970 computer bro!!!

dude I know that the 970 is better than the 770. But Adobe has a Strict limited on what Graphic Card to Use. So blame Adobe not me.

Premiere doesn't use SLI but it uses multiple GPUs. Go with Nvidia because it has CUDA cores. As far as dual gpu or not I'd stick with single gpu 1080.

6 minutes ago, Kagami Tsukino said:

dude I know that the 970 is better than the 770. But Adobe has a Strict limited on what Graphic Card to Use. So blame Adobe not me.

Hello. I would recommend searching adobe gpusniffer on Google.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

4 hours ago, Kagami Tsukino said:

i just did a quick search on google, and i found a LOT of people saying the same than you...

in many forums they say "just turn unsupported GPU on, and that's it", others say "put this .BAT file in c:/windows and i'll fit it"...

and guess what? They all say "wow bruh i'm loving this thing, i'd scale a 720p video in a 1080p with gaussian filter so fast and blah blah..."

just put some effort and you will make it work...

for a lazy guy.png

premiere pro will worm with any GPU even a IGPU

if your dad want's to edit 4K then a card with ad least 8GB video RAM will do him fine,

hell if you want to be cheep go 4GB, never had a problem with it

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

2 hours ago, samiscool51 said:

premiere pro will worm with any GPU even a IGPU

if your dad want's to edit 4K then a card with ad least 8GB video RAM will do him fine,

hell if you want to be cheep go 4GB, never had a problem with it

I don't know if you meant to say "work" in the first line but I laughed so hard at the thought of "premiere pro worm[ing] with any GPU".

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

i meant to say work

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!