My hope for the gtx 980ti price drops

c00face

After the Gtx 1060 release, I was banking on the Gtx 980 ti price dropping this Black Friday/Cyber Monday. But it hit me like a tons of brick... I don't think it will be dropping to the price I was hoping it would ($200 - $250.) I figure with the Gtx 1060 out performing the 980, the price of the 980 will definitely drop to become the true mid range card. BUT, nope, I was wrong. There WAS a reason why nVidia didn't include SLI support on the 1060, and it was for this EXACT reason. The 1060 will perform well, but if you ever want to do 4K gaming, sorry bud, you need to upgrade to a 2x 980 ti/1070/1080. Not including SLI on the 1060 will keep the 980 ti on its price range at $380. Well played nVidia, well played.

2 minutes ago, gFrenken97 said:

I regret getting the 980ti so much...the resale value is getting skullfucked by Pascal, I paid like €700 for this card less than a year ago.

It may not be the best value now but it's still a damn solid card, depending what games you play it should still last you a while

My PC: I7 4770 (3.4Ghz)

32Gb Corsair Xms3 DDR3

Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980ti

Asus Z87-A Motherboard

Samsung 120gb SSD

Seagate 2TB HDD

Aerocool Xpredator Evil Black

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/8502026

2 minutes ago, gFrenken97 said:

I regret getting the 980ti so much...the resale value is getting skullfucked by Pascal, I paid like €700 for this card less than a year ago.

It's better than the 1070 when overclocked through the wall.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, gFrenken97 said:

It's still a great card. I would definitely pick a 980 ti over a 1060 because you can SLI and have a good 4K gaming experience.

3 minutes ago, gFrenken97 said:

Bought 2x 980ti's end of last year, paid $1200 aud each. Now they are selling them for like 600-700$, so upset.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

I am getting the Xtreme gaming for 465 euros Brand new, I don't think it will drop more. The 1070 is 500 euros minimun, no way I am paying that much

12 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

I am getting the Xtreme gaming for 465 euros Brand new, I don't think it will drop more. The 1070 is 500 euros minimun, no way I am paying that much

Are you buying the one from Coolmod, right? I'm spanish as well and that's a great offer. On 1070's the one I'd pick right now is the Palit Gamerock, 476 euros on Wipoid.

There is SLI support on the 1060, this is the second topic you've made lying about that. Aftermarket card will have the option to include SLI. There are already several aftermarket 1060 that will launch with SLI fingers. 

http://videocardz.com/61963/inno3d-geforce-gtx-1060-ichill-x3-and-gaming-oc-detailed

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Graphics cards are always going to be massively loss-making. Just get the card that you can afford and does what you need it to and forget about it in my opinion. I spent literally months agonising over what card to get, and in the end I went for a 980Ti because the price has dropped enough to bring it in budget (which honestly, the 1070 currently isn't).

I reasoned that the difference in performance between the 1060 and the 980Ti may actually push prices back up again after the 1060 is launched, due to Pascal cards being thin on the ground and over-inflated in price.

Whatever happens now, truth be told I don't care; I'm happy with my purchase at the price I got it at. I just look at it like that whole value being burned when I buy it. If people don't like the way the value gets hammered after a year, maybe they should be buying cheaper cards so they lose less? Just a thought.

Just ignore this poster. He's been making duplicate posts about this already with incorrect information.

3 minutes ago, Bcat00 said:

Just ignore this poster. He's been making duplicate posts about this already with incorrect information.

No I haven't, get lost.

8 minutes ago, App4that said:

There is SLI support on the 1060, this is the second topic you've made lying about that. Aftermarket card will have the option to include SLI. There are already several aftermarket 1060 that will launch with SLI fingers. 

http://videocardz.com/61963/inno3d-geforce-gtx-1060-ichill-x3-and-gaming-oc-detailed

Dude, this isn't a "second topic" about SLI support. The first topic was about is the 1060 worth getting, this topic is about the 980, which clearly isn't the same. And please for dear god, aftermarket coolers will not support SLI, because nVidia does not support it. Get that crap in your head.

1 minute ago, Supermangik said:

Dude, this isn't a "second topic" about SLI support. The first topic was about is the 1060 worth getting, this topic is about the 980, which clearly isn't the same. And please for dear god, aftermarket coolers will not support SLI, because nVidia does not support it. Get that crap in your head.

Right. Multiple manufacturers announcing 1060s that support SLI doesn't matter because of your feelings. 

Facts override your feelings, read the link. 

3 minutes ago, App4that said:

Right. Multiple manufacturers announcing 1060s that support SLI doesn't matter because of your feelings. 

Facts override your feelings, read the link. 

Don't make me laugh. Do me a favor, make sure your sources are reliable and not a front page magazine or some drama click-bait of for tech's.

Facts, nVidia announced they will not support SLI for 1060, another fact, aftermarket coolers will also not support it if nVidia doesn't. Override your feelings.

Another fact on top of your "made up facts," the 980 ti and gtx 1060 isn't the same GPU, so don't go spamming my thread about me posting the same topic on the same graphics card.

9 minutes ago, Supermangik said:

Don't make me laugh. Do me a favor, make sure your sources are reliable and not a front page magazine or some drama click-bait of for tech's.

Facts, nVidia announced they will not support SLI for 1060, another fact, aftermarket coolers will also not support it if nVidia doesn't. Override your feelings.

Here's another link, you could also go to Tom's. 

And it's not the cooler but the PCB that allows for SLI. You're obviously new so please research this before posting again.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/52936/inno3ds-new-geforce-gtx-1060-ichill-cards-revealed-fancy-cooling/index.html

22 minutes ago, Hunter-97-G said:

Are you buying the one from Coolmod, right? I'm spanish as well and that's a great offer. On 1070's the one I'd pick right now is the Palit Gamerock, 476 euros on Wipoid.

Damn that 1070 is tempting. Is Wipoid reliable? Never heard of it

4 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

Damn that 1070 is tempting. Is Wipoid reliable? Never heard of it

Wipoid is very reliable and one of the best stores here on Spain. I ordered my entire PC (but built it myself) there, and the order arrived right on time, and all the components were in perfect state. You really can't go wrong with either that 980 Ti Xtreme or that 1070 GameRock. Take your pick.

18 minutes ago, App4that said:

And and it's not the cooler but the PCB that allows for SLI. You're obviously new so please research this before posting again.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/52936/inno3ds-new-geforce-gtx-1060-ichill-cards-revealed-fancy-cooling/index.html

*EDITED*

I take back my words, it was harsh. But listen, even if they added SLI fingers onto the PCB, it wouldn't do any good because nVidia will not support it on their drivers.

Bought a brand new 980ti FTW edition for $400, i honestly doubt the prices are gonna drop much farther than this.

Overclock the shit out of it! Praying to hit 1500mhz here

Hi

2 minutes ago, Hunter-97-G said:

Wipoid is very reliable and one of the best stores here on Spain. I ordered my entire PC (but built it myself) and the order arrived right on time, with all the components were in perfect state. You really can't go wrong with either that 980 Ti Xtreme or that 1070 GameRock. Take your pick.

2 minutes ago, Lukiose said:

Bought a brand new 980ti FTW edition for $400, i honestly doubt the prices are gonna drop much farther than this.

Overclock the shit out of it! Praying to hit 1500mhz here

It dropped to $280, and went back up to $380.

40 minutes ago, App4that said:

And it's not the cooler but the PCB that allows for SLI. You're obviously new so please research this before posting again.

I'm obviously newScreenshot_2016-07-16-20-20-31_com.android.chrome.png

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/10series/geforce-gtx-1060

Wait what? Sorry for not opening the link first but does that mean Inno3d have to make their own tweaked driver?

15 minutes ago, Hunter-97-G said:

Wipoid is very reliable and one of the best stores here on Spain. I ordered my entire PC (but built it myself) there, and the order arrived right on time, and all the components were in perfect state. You really can't go wrong with either that 980 Ti Xtreme or that 1070 GameRock. Take your pick.

Now I do not know what to buy, again haha. Performance in games is identical, and 6gb of ram is plenty enough for every game, as of now. I'll buy the 980ti I think so I can save some money

14 minutes ago, Supermangik said:

It dropped to $280, and went back up to $380.

That's really cheap, where did you find that?