Origin sale (yeah that exists apparently)

laminutederire

So yeah there is a weekend sale on origin, that's pretty rare compared to steam!

Last mirror's edge, star wars battlefront and need for speed for instance are on sales!

Just letting people know. That might interest some.

(Personnally I have picked up mirrors edge at the price it should have been all along !)

3 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

SNIP

Origin have sales all the time

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

2 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Origin have sales all the time

I've rarely saw some myself. And compared to steam, you have less sales :)

They had a summer sale since last year but pretty sure there were some previously too. Origin gets alot of hate but I love them for customer service.

3 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

I've rarely saw some myself. And compared to steam, you have less sales :)

ive seen tons this year, some are smaller ones, some are store wide, ranging up to 75% off

I got battlefront for £12 last month, and i got dead space 3 for £4 etc

3 minutes ago, tp95112 said:

They had a summer sale since last year but pretty sure there were some previously too. Origin gets alot of hate but I love them for customer service.

Origin is great, but its EA so it automatically gets hated, also cos they only release SOME games on steam like Mass Effect 1+2 are on steam, but not 3... cos dicks

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Wait, people use the origin launcher?

I'm not going to lie, after i stopped playing BF and titanfall i completely forgot it even existed in the first place.

also, *cough* g2a almost certainly has better prices *cough* but some of the legal merit of those copies is questionable *cough* Oh man, is it cold season already?!

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

7 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

ive seen tons this year, some are smaller ones, some are store wide, ranging up to 75% off

I got battlefront for £12 last month, and i got dead space 3 for £4 etc

Origin is great, but its EA so it automatically gets hated, also cos they only release SOME games on steam like Mass Effect 1+2 are on steam, but not 3... cos dicks

Those games pissed me off a little. 1 was amazing then 2 was good/decent. Three feels like a rushed game with very little actual content. Most side missions are searching planets which I just did by googling it. DIdnt bother much. Now I am just waiting to buy all the DLC before I can finish the game.

22 minutes ago, tp95112 said:

Those games pissed me off a little. 1 was amazing then 2 was good/decent. Three feels like a rushed game with very little actual content. Most side missions are searching planets which I just did by googling it. DIdnt bother much. Now I am just waiting to buy all the DLC before I can finish the game.

still one of fave games of all time, i like how the games get more focused as you go, 2 being a masterpiece IMO

but 3 is good until the last section

1 is showing its age but still great

1 minute ago, ShadowCaptain said:

still one of fave games of all time, i like how the games get more focused as you go, 2 being a masterpiece IMO

but 3 is good until the last section

1 is showing its age but still great

The story had me going on a rollercoaster of emotions. 1 felt great a bit annoyed that AMD cpu causes problems with shadows, Overall good game. Loved being able to move around the ship and the Citadel freely with no load screens. ME2 was good loved seeing ME1 characters but didnt really like how they made the characters more comedic/funny(read somewhere the community wanted the characters to be more funny) they felt like badasses in 1. 3 seem a bit boring as I said side mission could of been made better and less repetitive. Sad that i'm am close to the end. Two more missions to go ut after I play through the DLC i have to buy. Definitely will get 4 when it releases and do another play through of the game probably next summer with a renegade run.

3 minutes ago, razor767 said:

There was an Origin sale just before the Steam Summer sale so I guess they happen somewhat frequently.  

Maybe not in all countries?

1 minute ago, laminutederire said:

Maybe not in all countries?

Possibly, I don't use Origin that much so I wouldn't know.

2 hours ago, ShadowCaptain said:

To be fair, ME1 & ME2 were released on Steam prior to Origin's release. As far as I know all major EA releases from mid-2011 onward have consistently been Origin exclusives. They're still dicks for that, of course, but I don't think they're deliberately breaking up trilogies across platforms.

3 hours ago, Atmos said:

Wait, people use the origin launcher?

I'm not going to lie, after i stopped playing BF and titanfall i completely forgot it even existed in the first place.

also, *cough* g2a almost certainly has better prices *cough* but some of the legal merit of those copies is questionable *cough* Oh man, is it cold season already?!

I completely forgot i had it installed on my PC until i saw this topic haha..... wonder what other shit's installed on my PC that ive forgot about ..... o.0

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530