Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB Or Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB OEM

Ok Guys I'm looking for a new SSD and for the price I found These two SSD's to the same price, but the write speeds were looking siginificantly different (I'm not really informed about SSD's)

I'm only going to have my OS on it and probobly my most played games (3 Games), but thats all.

Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB OEM    -779 Nok (96,36 Euro) Basic KIT, 540/410MB/s read/write, Samsung MEX controller   Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB 2.5     -799 Nok (98,8 Euro) SATA 6 Gb/s (SATA3.0), 555/510MB/s read/write, SandForce®, Navi Project

Ok so heres the SSD's. Everyone is saying that the Samsung SSD 840 Evo SSD is amazing and the best SSD you can get, but i really don't want to trust that.

Q.Q

The EVO uses Triple cells per flash chip, while the HyperX uses Two cells per flash chip -> Faster write performance for the HyperX; longer lasting flash

However, the HyperX uses a SandForce SSD, which uses compression algorithms to gain performance, while the EVO does not  -> Performance on the HyperX will be inconsistent, while the EVO will give the same speed regardless. 

But again, you won't see that much of a difference. Just get the one with better support and warranty.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

The EVO uses Triple cells per flash chip, while the HyperX uses Two cells per flash chip -> Faster write performance for the HyperX; longer lasting flash

However, the HyperX uses a SandForce SSD, which uses compression algorithms to gain performance, while the EVO does not  -> Performance on the HyperX will be inconsistent, while the EVO will give the same speed regardless. 

But again, you won't see that much of a difference. Just get the one with better support and warranty.

Thanks mate, will be looking into that then. Thanks again :)

Q.Q

Thanks mate, will be looking into that then. Thanks again :)

No problem.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

Get the cheaper one or pick one for the looks.

Fyi, the normal 840 will perform noticeably the same--so will most other modern higher tiered ssds.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.