Pro Tips Anyone? First PC Build Nearly Underway

I'm about to order and receive my first PC build components so, while I wait for them to come in, I wanted to make a post asking anyone for any suggestions/pro tips for making a PC. Such as things not to forget or ways to go about things... I plan on watching many how to videos beforehand, you can never be too sure. So if anyone can contribute to helping this noob out for his first step into the Master Race PC Realm, it would be much appreciated!

Here's My Rig:

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K

Liquid Cooling System-

- EK-Supremacy EVO Elite Edition - Intel 2011-3

- EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM (incl. pump)

- EK-CoolStream XE 480 (Quad)

- PrimoChill OD= 1/2"   ID= 3/8"  PETG Tubing

Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Edition 10

Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4

Storage: Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

Western Digital BLACK SERIES 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GAMING X 8G (Possible SLI in the future)

Case: Corsair 900D ATX Full Tower Case

Power Supply: Cooler Master MASTERWATT MAKER 1200

Case Fans: Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition (x3)

Corsair SP120 PWM High Performance Edition - Twin Pack (x4)

Display: Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 27.0" 165Hz

Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (with red Cherry MX switches)

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB Wired Optical

Update: Using PrimoChill Tubing

Rigid tubing and 6-core cpus as your first build.....

Definitely go and watch some videos from JayZ2Cents for help with the PETG tubing.

When in doubt, re-format.

Like it's your first build and all but custom watercooling on your first build is generally not advised on your first and I would disagree if the person knows what they are doing but HARD TUBING ON A FIRST PC BUILD over soft tubing before sounds like a disastrous plan...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Pro Tip : Don't touch the gold plated pins under the CPU unless you wanna have a nightmare.

Pro Tip : Ground yourself you can do this by touching any metallic object example : your case

Pro Tip no. 2 : Don't screw in the screws for the motherboard too tight or you just might damage it

Pro Tip no. 3 : Try a "X" pattern when screwing in screws for anything, example : Screw the bottom left screw for the PSU then go to the top left screw and so on

Pro Tip no. 4 : Don't touch the top of the CPU only handle it by the sides because the top is where your thermal paste will be going and you don't want any fingerprints there

Pro Tip no. 5 : Trust yourself building a pc is really easy don't trick yourself into making you think it's very complicated

Pro Tip no. 6 : The CPU cooler is usually the worst part and most annoying part when building a pc

I have more but I just can't remember right now, anyways good luck with building your pc! :)

3 hours ago, DarthVader61425 said:

Pro Tip : Don't touch the gold plated pins under the CPU unless you wanna have a nightmare.

Pro Tip : Ground yourself you can do this by touching any metallic object example : your case

Pro Tip no. 2 : Don't screw in the screws for the motherboard too tight or you just might damage it

Pro Tip no. 3 : Try a "X" pattern when screwing in screws for anything, example : Screw the bottom left screw for the PSU then go to the top left screw and so on

Pro Tip no. 4 : Don't touch the top of the CPU only handle it by the sides because the top is where your thermal paste will be going and you don't want any fingerprints there

Pro Tip no. 5 : Trust yourself building a pc is really easy don't trick yourself into making you think it's very complicated

Pro Tip no. 6 : The CPU cooler is usually the worst part and most annoying part when building a pc

I have more but I just can't remember right now, anyways good luck with building your pc! :)

Thank you! 

3 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

-snip-

What can I say, go big or go home :D. But I have good confidence with myself, plus I'll have to learn sooner or later.

15 minutes ago, DarthVader61425 said:

Lies as he is custom watercooling, it's literally just a block by itself being screwed on...

3 minutes ago, ASAP_Gooby said:

What can I say, go big or go home :D. But I have good confidence with myself, plus I'll have to learn sooner or later.

Yeah yeah, just don't fry those parts :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

I really would not recommend going with these components for my first build. This is a multi-$1000 system, and this being your first build, you may very well mess something up, which is completely fine and you have to learn somehow, but I don't think that a multi-$1000 system is a good guinea pig. For instance, as my first build, I took apart my grandpa's old PC from the early 2000's and rebuilt it. "Go big or go home" is really not a good strategy when it comes to computer parts, in all honesty. I would definitely recommend you do something similar to what I did for my first build, if you can, and just gain some experience, especially with water-cooling, before you go and build a 6-core hard-piped system.

I will most likely not respond to you in a thread unless you quote me.

$500 PC | $800 PC | $1000 PC | $1200 PC | $1500 PC | $2000 PC | $2500 PC | $3000 PC | $4000 PC

Spoiler

Damnit Carl (My portable POS):

CPU: Core i7-6700HQ

Motherboard: Toshiba L55-C5392 Mobo

RAM: 8GB DDR3 (even though I have Skylake)

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530

Case: Toshiba L55-C5392 Case

Storage: 525 GB Crucial MX300 SSD

PSU: Whatever power jack comes with it

Display: Some 1366 x 768 garbage + an OK 1080p monitor

Cooling: Not enough + an external laptop tray

Keyboard: The included one

Mouse: $4 Lenovo 3D Optical Mouse (not as bad as you (rightly) assumed)

Sound: The Skullcandy branding right under the power button should clue you in

Operating System: Windows 10 Home

PCPartPicker URL: pcpartpicker.com/i-wish-i-had-enough-money-for-a-desktop-my-laptop-is-so-sh*t-its-not-even-on-portablepicker

Pro tip(from a pro): Have fun, and stay calm. Take a long time and enjoy the build. First times only happen once.

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

You should invest in some grounding equipment such as an  Anti-Static Wrist Strap because the last thing you want to do is find out you fried your Mobo just by touching it lol.

5 minutes ago, ShaunOfNintendo said:

Out of curiosity, what was the full cost of this build?

Well, I had to separate the Mobo, 120 Fans, Case, Monitor, SSD, HDD, and CPU to Amazon (so the price would be lower) on one cart; then I found parts on Newegg that were cheaper there than on Amazon ie: Memory, 140 fans, mouse, and GPU. However the GPU isn't in stock on Newegg, and is ridiculously expensive rn on Amazon so price on that would probably vary from 600-800 US. Then the EK I'll get on EK website, PSU on Cooler Master site, and keyboard on Corsair because it's really fucking weird on other websites with the price. I just bought the Amazon stuff yesterday which was $2,543.02, not including Newegg and others... So, to answer your question, it will cost about... holy shit, wow... yeah around $4,000 big ones... ok. .-.

1. Make sure you have a big table for building the computer.

2. Go to pcpartpicker.com to make sure all of your parts are compatible.

3. Make sure you bought an expensive and good power supply because if you bought a cheap one, it could fry your gpu, cpu, etc.

4. Take your time and read all the manuals for everything. (Case, motherboard, etc.)

5. I can't think of anything else :P

10 minutes ago, NoobCase said:

Why are you going with the old haswell e over the new broadwell e CPU? 

Good question... but now that I look on it I don't see too much of a difference if I get the i7-6800K and I won't be using 3 way sli anytime soon since they said it won't matter on games, it would just be money wasted spending double for a CPU that's fine and will do the trick.

3 hours ago, ASAP_Gooby said:

Good question... but now that I look on it I don't see too much of a difference if I get the i7-6800K and I won't be using 3 way sli anytime soon since they said it won't matter on games, it would just be money wasted spending double for a CPU that's fine and will do the trick.

I only saw  a 60ish $ difference on Amazon on those 2.  5820k is great the other is just worth the 60ish bucks  imo.