No name mech keyboards

partypanda64

who here has experience with no name mechanical keyboard manufacturer's. Are they safe to buy? Are they any good? How long will they last? 

depends on what keys they have an kailh mech keyboard will last about as long as a membrane one

4 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

depends on what keys they have an kailh mech keyboard will last about as long as a membrane one

I'm mostly talking about keyboards with cherry mx switches, but are from no name brands like this one.

5 minutes ago, partypanda64 said:

I'm mostly talking about keyboards with cherry mx switches, but are from no name brands like this one.

They are not cherry switches, they are kalih ones.

EDIT: Kalih switches are knock-off / clones of cherry switches so they look exactly he same apart from the logo.

| Ryzen 7 3700x | 16GB Vengance @ 3200 | MSI GTX 1070Ti Gaming | 

| ADATA XPG SX8000NP 256GB Nvme SSD + WD Blue 500GB SSD | 4TB WD Blue |

| Corsair RM650x |        

| NZXT H200 White |

Generally, the only REALLY bad Kailh switches, from what I've heard, are the Razer ones. Honestly, I'd rather buy a board with Gateron or Matias switches, over just about every other alternative out there (aside from certain, and very rare vintage alps switches.)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

On this topic, in the UK what retailers stock basic cheap mechanical keyboards? would not mind a basic one for when travelling about to clients.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

On 7/12/2016 at 10:58 AM, partypanda64 said:

I believe that as long as the switches are of high quality they will last a long time. But a metal backplate and good keycaps can help extend the life of a mechanical keyboard. From my best guess, this device would last anywhere from 1-2 years. 

Thank you for consideration and have a good day.