Warner Brothers paid some YouTubers to make positive game reviews and didn't disclose this

AlTech

Assume everything is bullshit that you see reviewed on the internet, double check facts, and the best reviews always come from actual users on websites, or friends/families.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

3 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Hypothetically, if i offered you a wad of cash in exchange for deceiving people would you take it?

No I wouldn't and he didn't deceive anyone as he did disclose it and he wasn't doing a review or opinion piece so it doesn't even matter if he got sponsored in the first place.
If this was a WTF video by Totalbiscuit that would be a different story.
But he just played the game with his normal comedic routine like he does with every game that isn't deceptive as nobody expect him to critic the game in the first place as that isn't what he does nor why people watch the videos.

RTX2070OC 

2 minutes ago, JasonRoGo said:

No I wouldn't and he didn't deceive anyone as he did disclose it and he wasn't doing a review or opinion piece so it doesn't even matter if he got sponsored in the first place.
If this was a WTF video by Totalbiscuit that would be a different story.
But he just played the game with his normal comedic routine like he does with every game that isn't deceptive as nobody expect him to critic the game in the first place as that isn't what he does nor why people watch the videos.

I wouldn't take the money either. I was just using a similar title to the original article.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

5 hours ago, JasonRoGo said:

But WB providing a demo to him which he then made a comedic video before release is not scummy at all the context and intent are very important.
And in this case there was clearly no intent from PewDiePie to deceive people nor had he any reason to do so.

yes, context and intent are quite important

he accepted money to make a promotional video he otherwise might've not made

re-upload the video?!?! how about adding annotations - he could've done it very easily after then fact, he chose not to

I remember TotalBiscuit already talk about the fact that WB pay for good review on Shadow of Mordor way back when the game was first release. And he also said that it's a shame that they do that because the game is good anyway.

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

Shoot some cash-flow here, i will review the hell out of anything . . .

for the right price.

and in real 1080p too.

On 7/13/2016 at 5:23 PM, ObscureMammal said:

PewDiePie's response to accusations of not disclosing sponsored content

Darn, you beat me to it.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization