ASUS AC5300 5G-2 Issues

Francis85

Hi All,

Anyone facing issues with Asus AC5300 5G-2 wifi, whereby you are able to connect, but not able to surf, and only able to resolve by checking optimized for xbox, then you will be able to surf. P.S. i change the wireless channels already, to no avail........no other issues with 2.4G and 5G-1........

Regards

I have owned one of this and I'm currently using it.

Maybe you can try my settings? Though I'm sure it differs in any environment lol...

Wireless mode: N/AC mixed, optimised for xbox unchecked.

Channel bandwidth: 80Mhz

Control channel: Auto

Extension channel: Auto

Reason why my channels are auto is because I leave in a multi storey apartment, too many wifi channels for me to set it manually. Auto is still the safest here. 

1 minute ago, LexenZ said:

I have owned one of this and I'm currently using it.

Maybe you can try my settings? Though I'm sure it differs in any environment lol...

Wireless mode: N/AC mixed, optimised for xbox unchecked.

Channel bandwidth: 80Mhz

Control channel: Auto

Extension channel: Auto

Reason why my channels are auto is because I leave in a multi storey apartment, too many wifi channels for me to set it manually. Auto is still the safest here. 

Thanks Brother, done that before, and still the same....... which firmware version you on ???

5 minutes ago, Francis85 said:

Thanks Brother, done that before, and still the same....... which firmware version you on ???

This is currently my version :  3.0.0.4.380_3341

If you have tried whatever I have, mostly probably is faulty/buggy? I know its sad but your last resort is to reset to factory settings and try again xD. (I know its painstaking to set it back to factory and try it all over again lol )

6 minutes ago, LexenZ said:

This is currently my version :  3.0.0.4.380_3341

If you have tried whatever I have, mostly probably is faulty/buggy? I know its sad but your last resort is to reset to factory settings and try again xD. (I know its painstaking to set it back to factory and try it all over again lol )

done that before, as well as reset NVRam, still the same.........

4 minutes ago, Francis85 said:

done that before, as well as reset NVRam, still the same.........

Well, RMA it is lol, personally I felt that this router performs worse than the AC1900 ones, the AC1900 I had, had more range and better stability.... was a regret for me to upgrade to this 2kg router lol. 

1 minute ago, LexenZ said:

Well, RMA it is lol, personally I felt that this router performs worse than the AC1900 ones, the AC1900 I had, had more range and better stability.... was a regret for me to upgrade to this 2kg router lol. 

Time for me to go avertek......