mini lags in games

Hussein_

Hi guys, a few month ago ive build a pc with the help of the forum and it turned out nice.
currently i have a gtx 970 inside it and i start lagging in games. i have no idea where this comes from, since it was not there from the start. it lags in games like cs:go and rocket league.

it is defenetly not my internet connection and i have no idea where this could come from.

do you guys have any help?

best regards 

hussein

what makes you certain its not the internet? are you on wifi or wired?

When in doubt, re-format.

its wired, i have a ping from 15- 60 and a download of about 11mb/s ... + the games dont show the "connection instable" logo

Ah, sorry to doubt, I only asked since it usually seems like the most likely culprit.

I would enable the "in game FPS" overlay either in steam or through shadowplay and keep an eye on that. Also MSI afterburner is good for keeping an eye on your GPU and CPU temps as well mid game, especially useful if you have a second monitor so you don't have to alt tab out of the game to check. Possibly some thermal throttling going on?

i thought about thermal throtting... how do i check that? i have a second monitor ... is there any good overview about everything, so i can try to find the bottleneck?

On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎11 at 11:25 AM, Hussein_ said:

i thought about thermal throtting... how do i check that? i have a second monitor ... is there any good overview about everything, so i can try to find the bottleneck?

You can use MSI afterburner. It has a great hardware monitoring part to the program and you can customize which stats you see on screen (cpu/gpu temp/load, voltages, ram usage, etc)

I agree with pwn_intended. Keep MSI Afterburner open on your other screen. Detach the hardware monitor and see if your graphics card reaches its temp limit (the graph will either be at 0% at the bottom or at 100% at the top) while playing games.

Also keep a look at you CPU usage and hard disk/ssd usage. Neither of them should be even close to 100% during gaming (except for possibly the loading screens). If they are, you might have another problem.

Also, if I were you, I would back off a little with my overclock and test again. I really don't think its your overclock, but rather test it and be sure.

Or it might simply be a Driver problem? Uninstall the drivers to your Graphics card and install the newest ones?

• 2 weeks later...

I checked the thermals and my CPU and Hardware usage and everything seemed normal. Nothing outstanding.

The problem solved itself after a few days and i have no idea what happend. 

I checked if windows was doing updates or anything, but couldnt find the reason for the lags.

Thanks for the help guys :)