Should I get; one 144Hz monitor, one 120Hz monitor, or three 60Hz monitors?

The ToastyX Strobelight app allows LightBoost on Radeon now.  You no longer need nVidia graphics drivers to enable LightBoost.  Be noted that LightBoost will affect color quality, in exchange for the motion clarity improvements (but only at triple-digit framerates, though).  It's a tradeoff, but worth trying and you can easily turn it ON/OFF with the Strobelight app.

I tried it, but there isn't much of a difference in my eyes, could be placebo too, but it does work(when going on the monitor settings it says 3D mode in the OSD. I think I can see a difference when turning very quickly, but I doubt I could tell in a blind test wether it was on or off(except for the colors which are a lot worse ^^). Still great to have been able to try it, thanks for telling me :)

Quantity or quality?

both have different qualities. a 120hz monitor will amke motion look and feel smoother and more realistic, you have to see it in person to know what I'm talking about. ;)

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

I would get 3x 60hz monitors where I live because they don't even sell 120/144 -.-

Otherwise I'd probably get 120/144 + 1/2 more 60hz and game only on the 120/144 hz monitor. 

hmm are there any 21:9 120+hz monitors? I'd get that then

Case: Xigmatek Alfar (Black) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 @3.2GHz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600MHz | GFX: Gigabyte GTX 660Ti 2GB
Cooler: beQuiet! Shadow Rock | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | HDD: Seagate 'Barracuda' 2TB| OS: Windows 8.1 PRO (64-bit) | PSU: Zalman ZM600-GT 600W 80+ Bronze
 Screen: ASUS VS228 | Mouse: Razer Naga Molten | Headphones: Qpad QH-85 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 w/ Cherry MX Blue

I would get 3x 60hz monitors where I live because they don't even sell 120/144 -.-

Otherwise I'd probably get 120/144 + 1/2 more 60hz and game only on the 120/144 hz monitor. 

hmm are there any 21:9 120+hz monitors? I'd get that then

no, all 21:9 monitors afaik are IPS and also dual link DVI doesn't have enough abndwidth for that res at that refresh rate, you'd need to switch to display port for that. While it would be possible I doubt it would be a good experience, even good Tn panels shift colors when viewed from the side and since these monitors are very wide you'd get color shifting on the sides easily due to the angle you would have towards them.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

no, all 21:9 monitors afaik are IPS and also dual link DVI doesn't have enough abndwidth for that res at that refresh rate, you'd need to switch to display port for that. While it would be possible I doubt it would be a good experience, even good Tn panels shift colors when viewed from the side and since these monitors are very wide you'd get color shifting on the sides easily due to the angle you would have towards them.

makes sense. 120hz 1080p would be good enough I guess.

Case: Xigmatek Alfar (Black) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 @3.2GHz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600MHz | GFX: Gigabyte GTX 660Ti 2GB
Cooler: beQuiet! Shadow Rock | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | HDD: Seagate 'Barracuda' 2TB| OS: Windows 8.1 PRO (64-bit) | PSU: Zalman ZM600-GT 600W 80+ Bronze
 Screen: ASUS VS228 | Mouse: Razer Naga Molten | Headphones: Qpad QH-85 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 w/ Cherry MX Blue

Looks like neither of your single monitors are IPS.   If the choice was one monitor, it would be 27" IPS (non glossy, 60Hz since that's the only choice now).  The smoothness of the 120Hz+ is nice, but not having the brightness and color change when not at perfect angle is even better.  Then again, if you haven't experienced an IPS panel, don't spoil yourself... you'll be fine with TN and 120Hz @ 27" =).

Btw, I voted 3 monitors. I like the option and the immersion, and being able to watch video full screen and browse at the same time.  Also, playing 1080 on 1440 monitor looks the same as on my 1080 native monitor.. but at 1440... this separates the men from the boys.  B) .

Actually, only two monitors are mine.. Dell belongs to a friend.  Notice the color imperfection from off-angle.

samsung TA750, crossover 27Q, Dell U2410 , GTX 680

IMG_0065.JPG

For reference, I've used a 120Hz samsung (my brother's), I have the 60Hz +TV@120hz+3d version of that monitor and it's nice, but after using an IPS... not going back.  I have a crossover 27Q (if these are "bad" monitors, then I guess I got lucky, but it still beats the pants out of the TN panels).

My Rigs (past and present)

I like to play on 1080p so I can record true 1080p videos.

The videos will look better if you downscale from a higher res

These monitors have indeed rejected Samsung or Apple panels but that does not mean they are bad, as Logan said these panels are A- instead of A+. But they cannot notice anything bad or broken about the panels (I only mean the display not the crappy stand or those buttons). And you also can't just ignore how many positive reviews they have. Of course there are always some people that get unlucky and get a defective one but that happens with almost every product. I agree on the warranty part, it won't be so easy to replace it of the monitor is dead on arrival but you can most of the time get your money back trough paypal. I'll be getting a 'pixel perfect' model myself to have the least possible chance of any problems when it arrives. If the monitor is broken or has some weird issues I'll apologize to you guys :P

Indeed they might not be bad.

But it is definitely a risk buying these monitors. Most of my friends complain about backlight-bleed.

Also one of them received a monitor with couple of dead pixels. He was able to get it swapped, but he had to pay for the shipping.

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

How about one 120Hz and one 60Hz?

So you can browse your Facebook/Twitter when your gaming out on Battlefield 4?

Best of both worlds.

How about one 120Hz and one 60Hz?

So you can browse your Facebook/Twitter when your gaming out on Battlefield 4?

Best of both worlds.

That's what I was thinking, but I like to have all the same monitors if I get more than 1 monitor.

Indeed they might not be bad.

But it is definitely a risk buying these monitors. Most of my friends complain about backlight-bleed.

Also one of them received a monitor with couple of dead pixels. He was able to get it swapped, but he had to pay for the shipping.

I have some backlight bleed with my current 21 inch 1080p monitor but I only notice it with the windows boot screen and apparently you can fix it with just some electric tape which I will be doing if it really bugs me. I also will be buying a pixel perfect one to be sure I won't have any dead pixels.

current system:  i5 2500k @4.5ghz cooled by antec 620 - asrock z77 extreme 4 - 8gb corsair RAM - MSI Twin Frorz 7950 in crossfire - XFX 850w  - Fractal design R4 - samsung 840 120gb ssd - 500gb wd blue hdd - 1440p korean qnix monitor (love it!)

I tried it, but there isn't much of a difference in my eyes

Make sure you also test LightBoost ON/OFF while viewing www.testufo.com/photo (Use a 120Hz-friendly browser such as Chrome)

Most video games can't achieve that kind of motion fluidity unless you have lots of GPU, a great 1000Hz mouse, and a very good game engine.   LightBoost usually won't benefit you if your framerate isn't in the triple digits. Also, it doesn't benefit everyone (while it clearly benefits others) -- people who just stare stationary at the crosshairs in the middle of the screen won't benefit, while people who track eyes all over the place (circle strafing, high speed helicoptor low flybys) will see a major benefit.  Temporarily test an older Source Engine game, e.g. Counter Strike, Team Fortress 2, Half Life 2 series, Portal series, etc.  Adjust game details such as FXAA instead of FSAA.  People who don't recognize the zero motion blur "CRT effect", won't see the "LightBoost effect" either.  There are now many gamers today who have never seen a video game running on a CRT.