LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

10/10 would try use it to do light painting

Ok, so this is really cool. I have a very short room and i never have enough distance between my 2 wall for a video-projector. i saw the Samsung laser one at ces but it's WAAAYYY to much for me. This one is really compact ( but i won't put it in a backpack because of the LENS ! ) have Ethernet so i hop i could domotise him with some sort of API from LG, support 3D with is way better on a projector than on a TV. I fear a bit the "only" 1000 lumens, because i was looking at benQ video-projector and they range around 3000, but i guess it could be enough, will need to see it ^^. For me the point of hesitation for buying one is the 1000+ price point only deserve by the compactness. If i had to bought one, i would wait for bigger, but cheaper with this kind of focal.

good luck all !

Sew some white bedsheets together and hang it outside the house, from the windows. 

Invite my young cousins & little brother, they're from about 3-12 in age, get some bean bags and have an outdoor cinema. 

Use my HK Onyx 2 for sound. They won't stop talking about it for weeks.

Small, neat and this thing is very different to others. That Ultra short throw optics rocks!

It looks really awesome and that you do not need a lot of space to have a really nice sized screen. 

7 hours ago, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

It looks very pretty and I'm seriously intrigued to see how it handles gaming on such a large "screen."

Lg has some pretty sick tech, but this projector is the best I've seen so far! The movies and games you could play with this.

This projector would be really nice for our local fire department, where i be a member. The current solution is very very bad :( 

www.pimatic.org / forum.pimatic.org for your home automation ;) 

I've never played around with a projector and every time my friend come over to watch movies.. we complain about the viewing angle of my TV. Would love to see their faces when I get to use this lovely little beast!

Also, awesome if I could use it on the upcoming local LAN-Party :D

Thanks for the giveaway and good luck to everyone!

Edited by serphilith
giving thanks!

Wow it looks like a perfect projector to bring anywhere wish i had one. Lan Party Anyone? :) and OMG Great Video

WOHOW!

Awesome for small rom where u want a big screen! =)

Would certainly be nice to own one of these. But does anyone know about how load it can get? Couldn't find anything about the noise leve one the webside.

I think that its pretty cool how they made it that small but powerful and for that I think its awesome as hell and something everyone needs in their house

This projector looks epic and would be fun to play around with!

Seems like a great product with lots of potential applications with such a short throw. 

The LG projector has an amazing concept with the short range-big projection and it would make an amazing theater in my bedroom :)

small form factor is everything and the performance are stunning just looks perfect this would be amazing to have linus keep doing this you are awesome and LG afcourse

I think this looks amazing. So many potential uses. I NEED IT!

Really like the idea of ta short throw projector. Would be really nice to augment my current room setup with a wider "screen"

I love to see tech getting smaller and produce stuff even their bigger brothers are incapable of. 
Though I'm curious about noise levels if it cancels out the sound. Or what type of system do you need to outweigh it.

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

Would be fun to play Playstation or PC on such a huge Image. I really like it.