LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

4" from the wall?! That's about the same as my.... The quality of that 200" display was fantastic - even for pitch black. Would look sweet in my living room - just about to redecorate it so I'll make sure to paint a 19:9 white ;)

Great device and excellent design, but I'm not sure how the 1000 lumen put up in daylight conditions. I'm sure in the dark it will be the ultimate tool to bring to a spontaneous gaming night! Would love to test or own one :) 

This would be super cool to like have a big multiplayer game up on a big wall

HOLY CRAB ! This is magic, pure beautiful unicorn vision. 

On 10.07.2016 at 5:48 AM, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hi and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

Hi, i have so much to comment altough to not make it long i will only say that if I could possibly afford(or win) one like this I would certainly use it on the daily routine!!! : ) 

I just LOVE the idea of this :) You don't need a really big place to use this (Even tho it was really fucking cool in the video) And I just love the design of this and yeah. I'm really into projecting gaming myself (Mainly threw friends whoem have a Projector). I just really love it! And I hope these start flowing into peoples houses and hopefully mine! Because it is a REALLY cool idea! Good job on the LinusTechTips short movie on showing what this could do! Ugh I'm in LOVE! :) Such a small thing for what it puts out! It looks soooooo good!

It looks really cool. On the promotional video you made, you played some games on it. That makes me wonder how the response time is. It seems pretty decent though? 

Also never thought i would be able to bring a 100inch TV to a friends house in a backpack! (you know.. if they have a white wall)

Haha ^^

i am impresed i didn't such a small projector to be that good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like it. Not sure how it keeps the picture so sharp but still awesome.

Has any one imagined watching ltt videos on this projector it would be funny seeing Linus so big.

I would love to have one of these, it'd be great for taking over to friends or do movies outside at night with the family

This projector is so cool because of the size, and because of the short distance to the wall. Love it :-)

Very interesting projector. Compact indeed. The struggle is real. It's hard to have a big display on a wall without a 4-5 meters room with the standard projectors.

This thing is awesome! Would look great in my room lol. I'm surprised that it isn't $2000 for what it is.

Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until soft but not coloured. Add carrot, celery, zucchini and swede. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in soup mix, stock, chicken and 1 cup cold water. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil

Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour or until soup mix and vegetables are tender.

Remove chicken legs from soup. Allow to cool slightly. Remove meat from bones. Roughly chop chicken meat and add to soup. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into warmed bowls.

Serve.

Oh man, this has to be the coolest projector I've ever seen! (the video was also great!!) This would be THE solution for watching movies and gaming in my small apartment. It's amazing how did they manage to make it so small and powerfull.

I honestly thought this thing would cost $4000-6000 because I haven't seen anything very similar to this, and when new technology arrives its pretty easy for them to overprice it.

(Just look at oled)

In this case it seems the technology is the same, the design is different.

If you can figure out a good application for this, I would defiantly recommend it. However, if you don't need a 200' screen, I would highly recommend the good old projectors you can get under $300.

Although, If I had the money to buy this I probably wouldn't. I really want a slow mo cam which actually cost about the same.

(If your millionaire and reading this post, please buy me a slow mo cam. Thank you). 

I wonder if one could setup a 3-way surround setup with these.....

2 minutes ago, joikkis said:

Oh man, this has to be the coolest projector I've ever seen! (the video was also great!!) This would be THE solution for watching movies and gaming in my small apartment. It's amazing how did they manage to make it so small and powerfull.

If you need a solution for a small apartment, plz, plz for god sakes buy a $300 tv. Don't treat this incredibly piece of tech like that.

:o_____ dear god !!!! this proyector looks amazing !!! i need one to project my Alienware 15 gameplays

On 7/9/2016 at 7:48 PM, CPotter said:

Such a sleek design, for it to be 5 inches of the wall and having it display a 60 inch display thats amazing.  

On 7/9/2016 at 10:48 PM, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hi and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

I think the uses for the projector would be great for home use and business use as it is in some ways portable it looks nice IMO and it works really well. If it is how it appears in the video than the device is in some ways flawless. However having a projector rather than a normal TV would be different when compared what most people are used to.